Why aren't Black Lightning and Insecure ever stickied?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You do realize that Mara Brock Akil's Husband, Salim Akil, is the Showrunner & Head Writer of "Black Lightning", right? Mara is only a Exec Producer because she's a big name involved, just like Greg Berlanti.

As far as "Atlanta" being a pro-black show, nah. If "Atlanta" is considered a pro-black show, that any black TV show or film can be labeled pro-black.

WHAT THE fukk difference does it make whether a show is "pro black" or just start all black people? isnt that good enought,

What in the fukk qualifies a show as pro black?

so a show staring successful black people is somehow not "pro black" now?

Atlanta is one of the blackest shows on TV what more do they have to do to qualify them as "pro black" the show stars a up an coming rapper and his halfway aint shyt cousin manaher trying to make it in atlanta.. stop using terms and words you dont even understand

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I'm not even gonna lie to you...I sometimes wonder how pro-black a show can be on the CW (aka Cracker World) of all networks when I see this show bigged up on here :heh:
As someone who watches more CW than is healthy, they have a good number of diverse cast members on theirs shows, ALL of the super heroe shows feature a bad ass black and or mixed female co star. the whole TVD/originals shows always had a few black women mixed in thier shows. they arent as whitewashed as they used to be

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Idk about Black Lightning :hubie: but Insecure and their 62% white audience definitely ain’t really for negros :dame:

I don't fucc with "Insecure", but to be fair to it, any black show with a majority black viewing audience probably airs on BET, TV One, or some other network that is completely targeted to black folks.

The black shows that don't air on Black-targeted networks all have a majority non-black audience.

I made a thread discussing the topic a year & a half ago:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/black-tv-shows-are-increasingly-drawing-substantial-non-black-viewership-according-to-nielsen.513907/

What do you guys think about Power, which comes on a Starz? It has a 75% Black audience on a premium cable channel that isn’t **specifically** geared towards black folks. Just an anomaly/cultural zeitgeist? (Really asking, not being sarcastic)

"Power" might've had a majority black viewing audience during it's 1st season when it was more of an under-the-radar show, but by it's 3rd or 4th season, "Power" became the 2nd most popular show on premium cable (with "Game of Thrones" being 1st).

It's probably safe to say that "Power" viewing audience is now majority non-black.