Why aren't Black Lightning and Insecure ever stickied?

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Do u have a source, I don't doubt you. Just wanting to see it

I Googled it and it shows up in several articles with direct quotes from Issa herself. Here's one.

Issa Rae Talks About Her White Audience, Shonda Rhimes and Male Nudity

But I don't see that being a big deal. HBO's subscriber base and their demos skews the fukk out of all of their shows.

Just a quick Google and I found an article breaking down how Girls was viewed by more men than women and 22% who watched it live were men over 50, more than women who are the actual age of the girls in the show.

• Dap
Reactions: flo
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Black Lightning is awesome and i know people have their issues with Insecure but i fukks with it. Its also the ONLY television show that airs from a black female auteur which gives it cultural and historical relevance.

Yet we got Sons Of Cacs, DareCac, The Walking Cacs, all front and center on this suppsedly BLACK message board...

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
negged. and c00n alert.

WAYMENT......Ya'll think that show is PRO BLACK??? :dwillhuh: because black people are in it? :francis:

ahahahaahahaaa :russ:

The main character is a classic king kong caricature....the script is a fukking "c00n alert" CW producers are racist as hell
black people don't talk like they do on that show in real life my whole fam was laughing at the ignorant shyt we thought it was a joke at first

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WAYMENT......Ya'll think that show is PRO BLACK??? :dwillhuh: because black people are in it? :francis:

The main character is a classic king kong caricature....the script is a fukking "c00n alert" CW producers are racist as hell
black people don't talk like they do on that show in real life my whole fam was laughing at the ignorant shyt we thought it was a joke at first

Major c00n alert and troll.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No one has ever asked for them to be stickied.

Every other show up there, people asked. Not saying every time it's asked for every show it's gonna happen....but it definitely ain't gonna happen if no one asks.

I don't watch 90% of the stickied shows or movies so I don't have much of a dog in this fight, either way. I didn't even sticky half the shyt that's currently up.

Fred.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Elaborate

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No one has ever asked for them to be stickied.

Every other show up there, people asked. Not saying every time it's asked for every show it's gonna happen....but it definitely ain't gonna happen if no one asks.

I don't watch 90% of the stickied shows or movies so I don't have much of a dog in this fight, either way. I didn't even sticky half the shyt that's currently up.

Fred.

You’d think we’d all know the system by now :russ:

If you ask this man there’s a good chance he’ll do it. So ask. The shyt isn’t magic. Anything that’s stickied now has been asked. So rather than making this thread about why something isn’t, just waltz into one of those threads and ask for a sticky. :jawalrus:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You’d think we’d all know the system by now :russ:

If you ask this man there’s a good chance he’ll do it. So ask. The shyt isn’t magic. Anything that’s stickied now has been asked. So rather than making this thread about why something isn’t, just waltz into one of those threads and ask for a sticky. :jawalrus:

shyt man....it damn near is magic.

I think because I'm the most visible Mod people think I have a hand in everything....I literally didn't sticky half the things currently up. I did do "The Haunting Of Hill House", because @FlyRy asked me to multiple times over 2-3 days. And that's the only thing I've watched, out of everything stickied.

On an average day I have 100+ Alerts not counting Mod shyt. I didn't even see people @ me in here until I came in the thread. I been in The Booth listening to that Gibbs x Curren$y album. :manny:

Fred.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Black Lightening is corny as fukk. Never seen Insecure, will probably peep that but in general that show get's shyt on by this forum because "black feminist, bedwench!" so I wouldn't expect a lot of the people who know of the show, to be that into it to request a sticky.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I think because I'm the most visible Mod people think I have a hand in everything....I literally didn't sticky half the things currently up. I did do "The Haunting Of Hill House", because @FlyRy asked me to multiple times over 2-3 days. And that's the only thing I've watched, out of everything stickied.

On an average day I have 100+ Alerts not counting Mod shyt. I didn't even see people @ me in here until I came in the thread. I been in The Booth listening to that Gibbs x Curren$y album. :manny:

Fred.

Yeah that album is dope. Great listen

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
I harrassed hex like i do amazon customer service for that sticky

@MartyMcFly :inarritu: