Why are there no good drug dealer games?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drug wars on the TI-83 :troll:

q51yrsdwegz31.jpg
Played that so much in Algebra 2 class :wow:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gameplay wise, how could you even make it enojyable unless it was literally nothing but Avon vs. Marlo/ Omar vs. the dealers type warring?

like how could you make an interesting game being an under the radar dealer like Prop Joe, or even Franklin? or even real life dealers like Southwest T?

I think it'd be an amazing game if it took place outside america and at a larger scale . Forget about 80s Miami, instead think of 80s Colombia under Escobar.

It could even be about Escobar himself , with the goal of scaling your operation and making it global

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I most definitely think it could be done. Y’all just don’t have the imagination I have. :ufdup:

You think that drug kingpins just push dope and that’s it?

What about defending their corners? What about hiring muscle to catch thieves and keep kick doors at a minimal?

What about bribing dirty cops and politicians? Bailing your homies out of jail? Killing nikkas in prison that are about to snitch?

I could go on and on. Imagine an online mode where you have one big city and you can start a crew and control a corner and a stash house?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Because if you made a big budget drug dealing game you'd have plenty of children trying drugs or some even trying to sell it. They would try to ban the game.

Same reason there's only couple graffiti games available, otherwise too many goofy kids would be tagging walls with some garbage.

The games where you kill somebody you know every non mentally crazy kid or adult knows you can't do this in real life.

Stuff like drugs? Many try them thinking they gon try them once or twice and it will be enough. Even the scarface game, the drug selling was just a mini games. It was GTA Vice City like game.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Because if you made a big budget drug dealing game you'd have plenty of children trying drugs or some even trying to sell it. They would try to ban the game.

Same reason there's only couple graffiti games available, otherwise too many goofy kids would be tagging walls with some garbage.

The games where you kill somebody you know every non mentally crazy kid or adult knows you can't do this in real life.

Stuff like drugs? Many try them thinking they gon try them once or twice and it will be enough. Even the scarface game, the drug selling was just a mini games. It was GTA Vice City like game.
Yea.... no.. Maybe in 1945. We in the age of legal weed in more states than it's illegal in and drug bars at an all time high. Motherfukkers is eating Tide Pods and playing VR games where you pick people up by the neck and rip them limb from limb

There's no way on god's green that GTA 6 will be just fine coming out, but terrible if you sold drugs instead of murdered cops. Hell, the game would HAVE to show the downsides of this like every drug dealing movie.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Gameplay wise, how could you even make it enojyable unless it was literally nothing but Avon vs. Marlo/ Omar vs. the dealers type warring?

like how could you make an interesting game being an under the radar dealer like Prop Joe, or even Franklin? or even real life dealers like Southwest T?
GTA 6 but more drug shyt.. Hell yea it's gonna be over the top. You can literally just swap out 80% of those weird ass missions and make it about a sale

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
you think Texas Instruments REALLY was that invested?

that 2.5mm cable came with the calculator, if you had to buy one... you had one. Or go to a radio shack. All it took was someone in a class who had gotten a games from someone else to put them on entire classroom sets.

in 99, Napster existed.....so to think that these small programs were secretly uploaded to some master TI-83's and sent a team of math kids to infiltrate schools math and science labs just to give bored teenagers/college age folks something to do in class? :heh:
All of that was really foreign to us, most of the time we had to share them calculators and they always had to be accounted for.

I'm sure this information was shared how to download, load the games etc.

Only people I knew who had a computer was school, some uppity kids, and my grandma who use to play slingo on that bytch all day :mjlol:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Yea.... no.. Maybe in 1945. We in the age of legal weed in more states than it's illegal in and drug bars at an all time high. Motherfukkers is eating Tide Pods and playing VR games where you pick people up by the neck and rip them limb from limb

There's no way on god's green that GTA 6 will be just fine coming out, but terrible if you sold drugs instead of murdered cops. Hell, the game would HAVE to show the downsides of this like every drug dealing movie.
Legal weed and shyt like crack rocks or heroin are different things. GTA 6 will have mini games and some of the missions that are drug themed. People in here are asking for entire drug business simulation. Ain't no major game is getting released that's strictly based on selling variety of hard drugs. GTA series is way more than that.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Seriously??? I never played a Mafia game
Mafia 2 had time progression but was still open world. It was fukking amazing and I wish games would do it now. But you'd be in a year or season and you can run around doing whatever, but after a certain mission, a week, month, year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years would pass. The city would change, get new buildings, others aged.. Cars would get updated.. Fashion.. shyt like that

Long story short, you go to prison for a minute. Gotta take it to the hands and shanks. I think this is a big reason people ask for prison in GTA so much. They've seen it done. Same with drug selling. We all quickly knew about drug wars. Drugs and prison are two huge parts of the criminal life and no game implements them like that

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Legal weed and shyt like crack rocks or heroin are different things. GTA 6 will have mini games and some of the missions that are drug themed. People in here are asking for entire drug business simulation. Ain't no major game is getting released that's strictly based on selling variety of hard drugs. GTA series is way more than that.
You're probably right. I mean so far you are right cause nobody is doing it. It's crazy to me they got sex, murder and cop killing.. Even kill the military if you want.. But selling some meth or locking down drug corners is unheard of. Now that I think about it, Vice City has a lot of coke missions. But nothing where there's a selling coke aspect to it.