Why are there no good drug dealer games?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It’s crazy we have decades of violent games where you can murder cops and military, fukk hookers and smoke weed…

But when it comes to a game where you start off as a low level dealer and rise through the ranks, the ONLY game I remember doing this was Scarface.

Even GTA5, it’s “drive a truck to location” dealing. No Snowfall the game or something like that. What is the big fear from companies to market this but having no fear to market Saints Row 10 and shyt?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Scarface The World is Yours

413121015.jpg

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Because outside of combat the gameplay would be boring af

Imagine doing something else in the game and you get random “serve” notifications where you have to stop everything you’re doing and drive out to the buyer, dodging police along the way :bryan:

There’s just not a lot to do in terms of actual fun gameplay unless you’re gonna do a full blown crime sim like GTA, Saints Row, etc

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
GTA Chinatown Wars is the closest thing to a legit drug sim. Otherwise, you could just play a MMO where you are a alchemist. RimWorld where you can technically sell drugs to random colonists and etc.

Honestly, a full blown drug sim is boring AF. It lacks self awareness and becomes a mundane experience altogether because there's more to a dealers endgame than selling product.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Because outside of combat the gameplay would be boring af

Imagine doing something else in the game and you get random “serve” notifications where you have to stop everything you’re doing and drive out to the buyer, dodging police along the way :bryan:

There’s just not a lot to do in terms of actual fun gameplay unless you’re gonna do a full blown crime sim like GTA, Saints Row, etc
Breh, that does sound fun.

In a world where goat simulator, power wash simulator, goldfish in a fishbowl simulator exists.... Yes, I'd like to sell drugs in a videogame.

My guess is the dorks who create the games can't make it feel authentic enough. General crime games are easy, they just model the shyt off cinema, but with a legit authentic game focused around going from a drug dealer to a kingpin, there's far too much nuance required to actually make it feel authentic. I mean they COULD do it, but it would probably flop for being corny and ingenuine unless they remake Scarface or make a game completely on The Wire, using the exact lingo and scenes and everything.

Sounds like a whole lot of work when they could just stick to what they know works like they've been doing. Sucks for the consumer but the consumer isn't complaining with their wallet so the companies are like you can eat a dikk and enjoy God Of War 27