Why are some of y'all so jealous of ASAP Rocky?

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you - a lot of these lames on Coli and otherwise don't get it. Rocky's aura is off the charts. I hadn't experienced that kind of confident aura from a new cat in YEARS.

Hence my avi.

And I'm 31 in a few weeks. Young "old head" as you rightly put it.

He's definitely got the juice. I'm HIGHLY anticipating A.L.L.A.

Hopefully he lets his balls swang all over his detractors like his boy Rick. :russ:

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
this is a very stannish thread

I like Rocky's music but he aint worth arguing if someone calls him wack

LiveLoveA$Ap was a great mixtape but that's where it stops. his debut was aight.

Since then I think Schoolboy Q, Kendrick, Roc Marciano, Action Bronson, Danny Brown, Freddie Gibbs and Chance the Rapper became more interesting up-and-comers.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

SirBiatch

Daps
I felt it was more unmemorable than outright wack, shytty music.

I still bump Problems, LVL and the intro tho.

yeah I would agree. It wasn't wack but just a massive letdown. I never listen to any track off that album. It's watered down and haphazard.

LVL was far and away the best beat on the album but
a) I didn't like the syncopation of the drums. It felt too slow. Groove was off.
b) Rocky had the right emotion but his flow didn't really match.

So overall, it was a cool listen but definitely an inferior Clams collab compared to Live.Love.ASAP.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is Jealous of duide....some just dont like him. IMo he is decent his mixtape is nice.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do I feel about ASAP rocky?

billbored.gif

ferg is more entertaining than dude although they both aren't good and bit the south

SirBiatch

Daps
How do I feel about ASAP rocky?
billbored.gif

:dead:

That was a good one. I'll give you props on that.

ferg is more entertaining than dude although they both aren't good and bit the south

I never understand people that prefer Ferg to Rocky. Ferg is a Rocky clone. Just worse. Without Rocky, Ferg would be nobody.

It's like preferring Lloyd Banks to 50 Cent in the G-Unit days. They used the same producers, had the same style of hooks and ran together. But one was clearly the blueprint from which the other xeroxed.

and those "bit the south" comments....
billbored.gif

nikkas stay commenting on "bit the South" but don't know a thing about the South

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I liked his first album a lot, then he went away for a while which I respected but has come back with the exact same sound and not even half the buzz

he's more worried about fashion and getting cac acceptance then anything else right now

SirBiatch

Daps
I liked his first album a lot, then he went away for a while which I respected but has come back with the exact same sound and not even half the buzz

Why do you care about buzz? That's irrelevant to a music fan.

he's more worried about fashion and getting cac acceptance then anything else right now

yeah. I kinda see your point. He's been playing up the psychedelic rock angle in his interviews. Got me a little worried. not goin lie.