Why are some of y'all so jealous of ASAP Rocky?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
And I have his first album.

That album was made for watered down nikkas who like their hip hop less experimental and closer to what they're already familiar with: boom bap, trap, etc.

How he from NY but he sound like he from Texas?

In 2015, you're still coming with that incredibly dated, inaccurate, well-dismissed complaint? wow. I just can't take nikkas seriously who still say this. You can dislike Rocky for other legitimate reasons, but saying this "Houston" shyt now is beyond corny.

It's a fact that ASAP Yams put his whole image and style together:mjlol:

In the words of Whitney....

tumblr_mcspb0ZJ3C1qfqdfr.gif

Don't even start comparing him to a legend like Banks.

LMAO at Banks being a legend. Dude's a weedcarrier from a cornball era.

Since you're still bringing up the dated complaints against Rocky yet nuthugging a relic from the G-Unit wigger era, it's safe to say that Rocky's music is too different for you. You need cutely packaged bars with a fitted, or it aint real.

That generic shyt is dead.

SirBiatch

Daps
breh threads like these make you look wack and i like you as a poster pause..nobody is jealous of rocky..some people just dont fukk with his style of music/rapping.

literally EVERY artist has that.

I know this already. This thread isn't for people like that.

It's for the haters. Rocky has serious haters. I remember hanging with a chick from Harlem while I was in DC early 2012.... a couple of months after Live.Love.ASAP dropped. This chick was practically foaming at the mouth over Rocky. "fukk that nikka! He sound like the South! blah blah blah". It was fukking weird. She was an aspiring rapper too so there's some jealousy there.

That's the point. Some New Yorkers (or dikkriders of the lyrical, smack DVD dated shyt) are tight that Rocky came out of nowhere, didn't rep NY like they wanted, and now has more shine than any new rapper in the city since 2008. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

I want them to come to this thread and let their hate be known.

Daps
Ya know, I think he the type of rapper who was planted strictly for kids who like branded stuff

A$AP Rocky sounds mad branded so these fukkhead kids feel COOL when they type that shyt...they feel affiliated with him....I can't explain it properly....it's like havin a fukkin pet you like to cuddle and call by some special name so others hear how fukkin original in namin pets you are

I know I know I got the :dahell: comin

Also he got poppin because he's a female nikka, he's completely emasculated which goes in hand with todays standards of androgynous men

Dudes who listen to A$AP Rocky wanna look like him, music is irrelevant they'll cosign anything he puts out since they don't look at him as a musician but as lifestyle statement

TL:DR it's just pure new age fakkitry

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That album was made for watered down nikkas who like their hip hop less experimental and closer to what they're already familiar with: boom bap, trap, etc.

In 2015, you're still coming with that incredibly dated, inaccurate, well-dismissed complaint? wow. I just can't take nikkas seriously who still say this. You can dislike Rocky for other legitimate reasons, but saying this "Houston" shyt now is beyond corny.

In the words of Whitney....

tumblr_mcspb0ZJ3C1qfqdfr.gif

LMAO at Banks being a legend. Dude's a weedcarrier from a cornball era.

Since you're still bringing up the dated complaints against Rocky yet nuthugging a relic from the G-Unit wigger era, it's safe to say that Rocky's music is too different for you. You need cutely packaged bars with a fitted, or it aint real.

That generic shyt is dead.
ASAP Yams said in his Montreality interview he put Rocky on all that South shyt. The nikka doesn't even sip lean but he using up all the Houston culture for his image:dead:

And you saying Banks from a cornball era, nikka is the last rapper from NY with a platinum debut. Where his peers are lyricists.

What do you call this era? Rocky wears a dress for fukk sake and freeloading off a different region. You can't be 31 saying this weird shyt, you must be trolling.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
@SirBiatch the reason nikkas was gunning for you in the banks thread is because
rocky is damn near trash as a rapper compared to banks

now rocky is cool I fukk with him but it's just image+production+struggle melodies with homie he does nothing well from a technical stand point
what he is the best at is selling his music based of a visual aesthetic and projected lifestyle

I give him props for trying to pull eclectic influences into his sound
and he is the current template for style in rap hip hop

but you were acting like rocky was a fukking rap gawd or something

just took the stanery a lil too far:yeshrug:

z z z z z Z

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Agree to disagree.

Banks has some struggle bars like anyone else and fell off the earth when his mother died.

Plus a lot of punchline rappers phone it in leading to mediocrity.

Especially weed heads.

Not everyone's Big L.

:comeon:

SirBiatch

Daps
ASAP Yams said in his Montreality interview he put Rocky on all that South shyt. The nikka doesn't even sip lean but he using up all the Houston culture for his image:dead:

Rocky doesn't sip lean? Wow what a revelation. I bet that makes "Bass" sound worse.

LOL at you image-driven cornballs. You think at my age I really give a fukk about a rapper's image? You need stronger music-related proof than "Yams put him onto lean."

Now if Yams selected Rocky's beats, told him the themes, and pretty much wrote his entire album... then I'll give y'all some credit and lower my opinion of Rocky.

I of course need that Whitney first, and I aint talkin about crack.

And you saying Banks from a cornball era, nikka is the last rapper from NY with a platinum debut. Where his peers are lyricists..

LOL at 2004 being a great year in hip hop. Homie, that's when it was getting obvious that hip hop was total trash.

Banks just rode the G-Unit hype. At the time, if you were in G-Unit Interscope, you could sell anything. Bringing up sales is retarded and a poor man's crutch. That's pop fan talk.

Young Buck probably sold more units than Banks. was he a lyricist? Tony Yayo's wack ass went Platinum.
:dead:

What do you call this era? Rocky wears a dress for fukk sake and freeloading off a different region. You can't be 31 saying this weird shyt, you must be trolling.

Yawn with the dress and Houston talk again. nikkas and their fashion and regional insecurities.

@SirBiatch the reason nikkas was gunning for you in the banks thread is because
rocky is damn near trash as a rapper compared to banks

now rocky is cool I fukk with him but it's just image+production+struggle melodies with homie he does nothing well from a technical stand point
what he is the best at is selling his music based of a visual aesthetic and projected lifestyle

All that technical talk is dumb nikka shyt. In hip hop, we listen to songs, not notebooks.

Who the fukk really listens to rap for multis/metaphors? It's the silliest shyt ever. I look for quality of music and rhyme content. Period.

but you were acting like rocky was a fukking rap gawd or something

I've never acted like Rocky is rap god. You can look up all my posts on Rocky. Y'all just got sensitive because I was dissing ya boy. Homie, I come from the era of Nas/Ghostface/Jigga. Do you really think I'm flipping out over Rocky's rhymes? Cmon. I'm a Supreme Clientele/Illmatic cat.

I just think he's the best new school nikka out. By far. Because he's actually made beautiful records in a style I've never heard before. And he didn't have to dikkride a popular act to arrive on the scene (unlike Banks). He just came out and let the music speak for itself. It's almost unheard of in modern rap.

Y'all have proven time and time again to be the biggest stans on the Coli. Negging nikkas, derailing threads to talk about Rocky when the whole shyt was about Banks.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
All that technical talk is dumb nikka shyt. In hip hop, we listen to songs, not notebooks.

Who the fukk really listens to rap for multis/metaphors? It's the silliest shyt ever. I look for quality of music and rhyme content. Period.

I've never acted like Rocky is rap god. You can look up all my posts on Rocky. Y'all just got sensitive because I was dissing ya boy. Homie, I come from the era of Nas/Ghostface/Jigga. Do you really think I'm flipping out over Rocky's rhymes? Cmon. I'm a Supreme Clientele/Illmatic cat.

I just think he's the best new school nikka out. By far. Because he's actually made beautiful records in a style I've never heard before. And he didn't have to dikkride a popular act to arrive on the scene (unlike Banks). He just came out and let the music speak for itself. It's almost unheard of in modern rap.

Y'all have proven time and time again to be the biggest stans on the Coli. Negging nikkas, derailing threads to talk about Rocky when the whole shyt was about Banks.

it's a matter of preference then

it's some tit for tat bullshyt at this point

it's just opinions

let it go b:whoa:+

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
he's not a good rapper breh, face the facts. Dude has nothing to offer, just boring music. I rather listen to J Coles discography back to back, at least I'll hear some witty lines :manny:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rocky doesn't sip lean? Wow what a revelation. I bet that makes "Bass" sound worse.

LOL at you image-driven cornballs. You think at my age I really give a fukk about a rapper's image? You need stronger music-related proof than "Yams put him onto lean."

Now if Yams selected Rocky's beats, told him the themes, and pretty much wrote his entire album... then I'll give y'all some credit and lower my opinion of Rocky.

I of course need that Whitney first, and I aint talkin about crack.

LOL at 2004 being a great year in hip hop. Homie, that's when it was getting obvious that hip hop was total trash.

Banks just rode the G-Unit hype. At the time, if you were in G-Unit Interscope, you could sell anything. Bringing up sales is retarded and a poor man's crutch. That's pop fan talk.

Young Buck probably sold more units than Banks. was he a lyricist? Tony Yayo's wack ass went Platinum.
:dead:

Yawn with the dress and Houston talk again. nikkas and their fashion and regional insecurities.

I didn't say Yams put him on to lean, Yams said he put him on the South music, everyone knows Yams was the mastermind behind ASAP, Jesus:dead: Montreality took the interview down but ask anyone who watched it

I'm just stating facts, you're either a troll or an idiot. All this :cape: for Rocky is unnecessary he can't hold a candle to his peers in this era, let alone a period where shyt was more about music.

I just think he's the best new school nikka out. By far.

:laff:

he didn't have to dikkride a popular act to arrive on the scene (unlike Banks).

Breh who did Banks dikk ride? Without him there is no G-Unit. Rocky dikk riding a somewhere he isn't from :mjlol:

Ok but what does that have to do with anything? They're both better than Rocky:deadmanny:

I didn't neg you, I ignored that bullshyt you said in the Banks thread. But this is why you're tight, you said some dumb shyt and got negged.

I like some of Rocky's shyt too but you're delusional. He's not seeing Kendrick, J Cole, Drake or Meek and I don't even fukk with them nikkas too much.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
notice all the plants that cacs try to force on us be on that satanic wave :sas1:....
asap :demonic:
tyler :demonic:
travis :demonic:

plus asap an obvious plant - dude came out of nowhere doing sold out shows full of nothing but cacs :comeon:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:russ:grown nikkas in here cussing out 15 year olds!!!
:mjcry:i wonder whether i have done the same at some point. the booth can be a fukked up place at times!!!!