Why are Redguard not welcomed in Whiterun??

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
My very 1st Redguard (before I knew how to do a print screen)

6pltfc.jpg
Blonde hair, huh?
6R8Kjkw.png

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Cool looking redguards. I like the white hair look lol

This my current redguard build that i'm running right now.

alikr_wizard.jpg

He's an Alik'r Wizard so he specializes in destruction, restoration, and alteration magic only, since redguards hate the other schools. His back story consist of him being born and raised in the harsh Alik'r desert. He learned magic from desert nomads versed in stone/destruction magic. When he got older he traveled all around Tamerial as a mercenary wizard/adventure who is interested in exploring dwemer runes in particular for treasure and rare, powerful items.

I have him currently settling at raven rock to get enchanting training from Telvanni wizard Neloth, explore some caves/ruins, and to carry out some mercenary jobs....Yeah, I know, i'm a huge elder scrolls nerd.

Btw, redguards are the coolest take on a black race in the entire fantasy genre. I pray the next TES takes place in hammerfell and that a TES movie gets made so we can see the redguards on the big screen!

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
Cool looking redguards. I like the white hair look lol

This my current redguard build that i'm running right now.

alikr_wizard.jpg

He's an Alik'r Wizard so he specializes in destruction, restoration, and alteration magic only, since redguards hate the other schools. His back story consist of him being born and raised in the harsh Alik'r desert. He learned magic from desert nomads versed in stone/destruction magic. When he got older he traveled all around Tamerial as a mercenary wizard/adventure who is interested in exploring dwemer runes in particular for treasure and rare, powerful items.

I have him currently settling at raven rock to get enchanting training from Telvanni wizard Neloth, explore some caves/ruins, and to carry out come mercenary jobs....Yeah, I know, i'm huge elder scrolls nerd.

Btw, redguards are the coolest take on a black race in the entire fantasy genre. I pray the next TES takes place in hammerfell and that a TES movie gets made so we can see the redguards on the big screen!
How do you create mage Redguards? I thought they were only good to use as warriors.

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
How do you create mage Redguards? I thought they were only good to use as warriors.
It's true, stereotypical Redguards from hammerfall are weapon and armor type of people, they really don't bother with magic much. In fact, their culture heavily frowns upon mind manipulation(illusion magic), necromancy, and trafficking with deadra(summing atronachs and dremora lords). If one is found practicing such cowardly types of magic in Hammerfell, they will be shunned, kicked out, and possibly killed.

However, Redguards do have their own traditions when it comes to magic. In the past they had Sword-Singing which functioned similarly to the Nords Thu'um, and they would often utilize special, powerful enchanted blades, unfortunately, they eliminated such customs from their culture. Still, tribes who live in the Alik'r desert still have their own magical traditions like the Sand & Earth magic of Alikr, which is what my character is based on, obviously though, Skyrim doesn't offer earth magic within the gameplay so I use general destruction magic. Present day Hammerfell, from what I understand, don't mind Destruction Magic or Alteration, so a Redguard Battlemage/spellsword is actually pretty lore friendly.

rihadbattlemage.png

skavenpyromancer.png

tumblr_ob921x9_Fy61rml4zno2_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
It's true, stereotypical Redguards from hammerfall are weapon and armor type of people, they really don't bother with magic much. In fact, their culture heavily frowns upon mind manipulation(illusion magic), necromancy, and trafficking with deadra(summing atronachs and dremora lords). If one is found practicing such cowardly types of magic in Hammerfell, they will be shunned, kicked out, and possibly killed.

However, Redguards do have their own traditions when it comes to magic. In the past they had Sword-Singing which functioned similarly to the Nords Thu'um, and they would often utilized special, powerful enchanted blades, unfortunately, they eliminated such customs from their culture. Still, tribes who live in the Alik'r desert still have their magical traditions like the Sand & Earth magic of Alikr, which is what my character is based on, obviously though, Skyrim doesn't offer earth magic within the gameplay so I use general destruction magic. Present day Hammerfell, from what I understand, don't mind Destruction Magic or Alteration, so a Redguard Battlemage/spellsword is actually lore friendly.

rihadbattlemage.png

skavenpyromancer.png

tumblr_ob921x9_Fy61rml4zno2_1280.jpg
Redguard make the best spellswords period.
Next to the light skin Imperials....

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ: i always used a Redguard on my first build and then i felt out of place fighting those CAC wars and caring about their culture. I mean why the the hell would anyone from Hammerfell migrate to Skyrim anyway.

So i ended up creating the darkest Nord that i could.

I like to think his daddy was pawging in those Tamerial streets:mjgrin:
Probably why I never finished an elder scrolls main quest and ended up murdering everyone instead