Why are Nintendo games so polished?

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
It's clear none of you have any idea about the technical aspect of games or programming.

Fire lifting arrows is a simple if/then statement.

If there is fire/then lift the arrow.

That's not complicated from a technical sense.

What would be complicated is if the physics were actually calculated, and could be manipulated by the player. I.E. more fire, quicker/higher rise. Or shoot the arrow slower and watch it rise more.

Battlefield does this with bullet drop. The physics are actually calculated and can be manipulated by the player or circumstance.

That would take countless more calculations to make happen.
Gravity does affect the trajectory of an arrow in BOTW.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They actually give more of a shyt about the game they're making rather than how much money the game is gonna make them.
They actually understand that a quality product will net you profit in the long run either by

1) Improving your brand reputation
2) Selling units

They are not trend hoppers at all, they are trend setters and always have been. They however move at there own pace, and that's why its good that there is a microsoft and sony around. We might still be trying to play on cartridges or mini disk is left up to nintendo (although we are back on carts again with the switch....which makes me think about how hard production of a multiplat game has to be for 3rd parties)

Another reason why I also am an big xbox supporter, they tend to be that middle ground between trend setters and hoppers.

While sony is just about doing whatever is cool and milking it until the next cool thing comes along. Which I'm not a fan of but its also needed honestly.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meach: Zelda has no "variables" to it's gameplay. They're either "if/then"
u2nUe0IYjgFWw.gif

JEM2I8ddAWKly.gif

6beb703a2d57cf00571a046042d9501413c4ba00_hq.gif

giphy.gif

:mjlol:

I mean, i'm not even the biggest Zelda BOTW fan as I like it but it hasn't grabbed me like Persona 5 even but to say it's a simple game is Luffie reaching.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Zelda BOTW is simple in comparison to other open world games because Nintendo did not create complex algorithms to calculate the weight of each fiber in the clothes link wears. They didn't consider the curvature of the earth when he fires his arrows. The tension of the bow string is not calculated in relation to the actual pull of the arrow. The suns rays do not accurately effect the temperature of the water. The flapping of the birds wings do not accurately effect the strands in link's hair.
Forza Horizon has complex algorithms calculating the weight distribution of each car as the tire and their tread make contact with individual grains of sand making it possible to drive at excess of 160mph over the sandy surface. The weight of gasoline in the tank decreases with each mile effecting the overall performance of the car. These complex algorithms can only be made possible with the power of the cloud, a resource no other platform has access to.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Anyone notice this fakkit @MeachTheMonster always having opinion games that he doesn't even own. Games he may have played in passing but acting like he's a fukkin expert on the subject.

Until you buy a fukkin Switch and play Zelda fully, until you actually have a ps4 and play the fukin games - just shut the fuk up.

All your your dumb rants show is you making excuses on why developers are making trash games.

Want to know why most of these games from other developers come out glitchy? Because most video games are fukin Rushed. And they simply do not have the time to flush out the all the glitches.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than it is moron.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Anyone notice this fakkit @MeachTheMonster always having opinion games that he doesn't even own. Games he may have played in passing but acting like he's a fukkin expert on the subject.

Until you buy a fukkin Switch and play Zelda fully, until you actually have a ps4 and play the fukin games - just shut the fuk up.

All your your dumb rants show is you making excuses on why developers are making trash games.

Want to know why most of these games from other developers come out glitchy? Because most video games are fukin Rushed. And they simply do not have the time to flush out the all the glitches.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than it is moron.
Nope. fukk outa here fakkit:camby: