Why are Nintendo games so polished?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you really comparing Madden to the simple physics, graphics, design of Nintendo IP's?

lol this nikka retarded. Madden literally is the same game year in and out with minor tweaks to presentation. They only change the physics engine or graphics like once every 5 years. No need for level design, ai, character design etc. there are more changes in game design from Twilight Princess to BOTW than literally any sequel from Microsoft, Sony, EA, or Ubisoft.
Simple fact is when I say they make they same shyt, I don't necessarily mean they are releasing they exact same game. But they have 30 plus years of perfecting Mario, Zelda, etc. Their studios only focus on one thing. Where is nintendos Horizon? Uncharted? New innovative IP?

This is supposed to be your example of other companies making different kinds of games?

A franchise of gran turismo ripoffs and a shooter that debuted in an era where new shooters come out every other week

You done turned into the arcadium version of Roman Brady :dead:

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't find Nintendo games to be anymore polished than any Sony first party games or any of the top PC developers.

Get back to me when Nintendo provides support and updates for over a decade like Blizzard or Valve does.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
lol this nikka retarded. Madden literally is the same game year in and out with minor tweaks to presentation. They only change the physics engine or graphics like once every 5 years. No need for level design, ai, character design etc. there are more changes in game design from Twilight Princess to BOTW than literally any sequel from Microsoft, Sony, EA, or Ubisoft.

This is supposed to be your example of other companies making different kinds of games?

A franchise of gran turismo ripoffs and a shooter that debuted in an era where new shooters come out every other week

You done turned into the arcadium version of Roman Brady :dead:

Sports games are more difficult to develop then single player non online titles. I don't even know why you are trying to portray Madden as some broken bug riddled game in the first place. As far as your second point, I'm talking zero dawn stupid. And I don't care about your personal bias. Where is Nintendos new ground breaking IP in recent memory? They have the same in house developers working on the same franchises that existed for 30 years. So of course the games will be polished.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Lots of keyboard developers in this thread. Fact of the matter is sony, Nintendo and somewhat Microsoft have the best developers in the industry that's why AAA games are held to a different light than to Indies.

Nintendo games are simple? I guess but sometimes simplicity is king. Y'all do know that Metroid design philosophy is one of the best in gaming. It's also why dark souls is one of the best games out right now. Metroid/castlevania design is both very complex in design tbh.

And yeah Zelda is overrated. Part of the problem is that Nintendo really wanted to make an elder scrolls game. The world of Zelda as a result is way too goddamn big.

Last edited:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their games are almost always bug free. How do they do it and can they teach other game developers their secret? I have been playing BOTW for months now and i am yet to experience any bug, that is unheard of for an open world game.

They have PELNTY of bugs .....

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lots of keyboard developers in this thread. Fact of the matter is sony, Nintendo and somewhat Microsoft have the best developers in the industry that's why AAA games are held to a different light than to Indies.

Nintendo games are simple? I guess but sometimes simplicity is king. Y'all do know that Metroid design philosophy is one of the best in gaming. It's also why dark souls is one of the best games out right now. Metroid/castlevania design is both very complex in design tbh.

And yeah Zelda is overrated. Part of the problem is that Nintendo really wanted to make an elder scrolls game. The world of Zelda as a result is way too goddamn big.
and empty

Every other open world game would be ridiculed for this but its ok in Zelda because you can climb mountains

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
and empty

Every other open world game would be ridiculed for this but its ok in Zelda because you can climb mountains
Not true. The world of Red Dead Redemption (great game by the way) was even less populated than BOTW and it is considered one of the best games of last gen.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Not true. The world of Red Dead Redemption (great game by the way) was even less populated than BOTW and it is considered one of the best games of last gen.
It had a an actual story with NPC's that mattered.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So we've reached a consensus as a subforum then? Nintendo is the GOAT developer?

Probably so...

Only other developer I have up there with them is Bethesda and that is only because Bethesda gives you access to just about all of the things they use to make Elder Scrolls and Fallout so if you don't like something or want to add something or want to mod something in the game...you can...