Why are Nintendo games so polished?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Forza Horizon 3....a racing game where all you do is go from point A to point B...is more complex than Zelda. I HAVE HEARD IT ALL. :laff:

Again FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT. Seems like y'all keep purposely ignoring that context.

Simulated skies. Hundreds of cars each with their own physics. Multiple diving surfaces that all affect the tires differently. Different tire materials that interact with the different surfaces differently. Rain that falls, accumulates and dries, and also effects the tires grip at different levels. Aerodynamics of the cars taken in account. Drag, downforce, tire wear, damage, and the list goes on.

And all this is calculated in real time for hundreds of cars.

That's very complex FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT. The actual gameplay may be simple if you don't think about all this, but there is a lot going on.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Again FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT. Seems like y'all keep purposely ignoring that context.

Simulated skies. Hundreds of cars each with their own physics. Multiple diving surfaces that all affect the tires differently. Different tire materials that interact with the different surfaces differently. Rain that falls, accumulates and dries, and also effects the tires grip at different levels. Aerodynamics of the cars taken in account. Drag, downforce, tire wear, damage, and the list goes on.

That's very complex FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT. The actual gameplay may be simple if you don't think about all this, but there is a lot going on.
Swap the names Zelda and Forza and we've been telling you the same thing but you refuse to listen

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So that forza gif was a car going 30mph?
Have you driven a car? :mjlol:
I driven in Forza and I know for a fact you can't pull that off at 160. Can't even go that fast on the beach and keep control of the car.
How can you forgive forza which is based on reality for crap physics yet criticize Zelda which is 100% fantasy (And it has a ton of complex mechanics).
Doh! I know why!
Because Zelda isn't an XBOX title. :hubie:
Forza Horizon is NOT BASED ON REALITY. IVE NOW SAID THIS 3 TIMES IN ALL CAPS HOPEFULLY YOU GET IT THIS TIME.

And I've never "criticized" Zelda

That's what I'm talking about y'all took @-DMP- post as a compliment for saying the same fukking shyt.

Man you suck

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Swap the names Zelda and Forza and we've been telling you the same thing but you refuse to listen
No. Zelda isn't making those calculations.

The fire moves exactly where the wind tells it.

That's a simple if/then statement. There are no physics calculations, involved.

That ball rolling gif. Doesn't take in account the weight or friction of the materials etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And to top all of that off Forza has seemless drop in/out multiplayer with up to 12 other people. In which the game has to make all those calculations for 12 players at the same damn time AND calculate their interactions with each other.

AND it has to render all that and stream the entire world at VERY HIGH SPEEDS. Which ads more technical challenge.

And not to even fukking mention the graphics and lighting.

Either @Kamikaze Revy is really uninformed when it comes to this stuff or he's pretending to be dumb :smh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Nintendo gets flack for their game development tactics, but for the most part they work exceptionally well. Sure, majority of their games are basic as hell, no graphical enhancements, and overdrawn voice acting capabilities. Yet, the gameplay is always top notch. Hence why they always have issues with stocks for their hardware because maybe just maybe, gamers are tired of the overdrawn bullshyt. Some people play video games to escape from the technical aspects of reality. There's something about a Mario game that plays into the nostalgia vibe that no other game has ever done no matter how "old school" it feels. I'm not even a Nintendo fanboy by any means but real recognize real:wow:.

Now if only they put them Switches by in stock so I can at least try out that new Mario game:ehh:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Their games are almost always bug free. How do they do it and can they teach other game developers their secret? I have been playing BOTW for months now and i am yet to experience any bug, that is unheard of for an open world game.

It's all about process and culture. Don't fukk with games like that anymore but Blizzard used to be goat and churning out original games with lots of contents and very few bugs when you think about the scale.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
They don't take the Western "Done is Better Than Nothing" approach.

Instead they take the "Do it Right, or Don't Do it At All" approach.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Their games are almost always bug free. How do they do it and can they teach other game developers their secret? I have been playing BOTW for months now and i am yet to experience any bug, that is unheard of for an open world game.

:ohhh: damn. i've never noticed that

i haven't owned a nintendo system since N64

but you rarely hear about nintendo games having bugs or needing to be patched.

that's impressive :ehh:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

nah, I get what you mean

zelda games look impressive, but there isn't as much going on onscreen as some of these other titles

:whoa: that's not to say zelda is an inferior game at all :hubie:

but with all that shyt going on at the same time, there's going to be glitches and bugs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nah, I get what you mean

zelda games look impressive, but there isn't as much going on onscreen as some of these other titles

:whoa: that's not to say zelda is an inferior game at all :hubie:

but with all that shyt going on at the same time, there's going to be glitches and bugs
That's all I'm saying. Don't know why that gets people so mad.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony 1st party only focuses on one thing too, and I don't really enjoy there stuff because its over the topic hyper realistic and all tend to look the same

Fake news. Just looking at stuff that came out this year and/or in the works; Gravity Rush 2, GT Sport, Dreams, SoTC, Detroit, Everybody's Golf, Hidden Agenda, GOW, and we don't even know what Sucker Punch studios is waiting in the cut with.

a far more robust output than Nintendo, with variety in genre, gameplay and artstyle. And I'm pretty sure you can tell I left some heavy hitters out. Also, these games are complemented by their 2nd party titles like Matterfall, Spider-Man and Bloodborne

Just because Sony has some amazing narrative driven games with realistic art direction it doesn't mean that's all they focus on.