Why are Nintendo games so polished?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Things go wrong in Nintendo games too. The difference is sometimes the games are very polished that they heavily outweigh the bugs.

Would you consider Metal Gear Solid V a simple game? It's practically a sandbox game just like BOTW is while BOTW is heavy on physics around it's world.

Lol no one is emotional. Stop projecting that nonsense onto us.
MGSV is simple compared to the aforementioned games. You have very limited agency in the world. You can only climb specific places. Not much verticality at all.

And again, it was done deliberately so they can have their game running at 60fps on most hardware.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You didn't ask a question.

You made up a statement and attributed it to me.

You like reading posting history's, then go back and see I've been very positive on the switch. I'm excited to get one and play the games. I've also been playing and enjoying 3ds over the last couple months.

But again, none of this has anything to do with what was said in this thread.

I swear you acting like my wife right now.

Me: I don't like how that dress fits
Her: Oh so you think I'm fat and it would look better on another chick
Me: what:mindblown:
Her: remember two months ago you said you liked a similar dress on that manikin at the store?
Me: :snoop:
Her: Just answer the question and admit it
Me: :camby: leave me the hell alone.

Stop acting like a wife breh :comeon:
200.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I think Nintendo is fooling a few people by taking games and presenting them with "simple" graphics and having them believe the games themselves are all simple in nature.
I mean, define complex as it pertains to modern gaming.
Zelda has one of the largest worlds we've ever seen, heavy item management and creation, endless side missions, a decent combat system, a large amount of weapons, dynamic weather.
What more do you need for the game to not be considered "simple"?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You didn't ask a question.

You made up a statement and attributed it to me.

You like reading posting history's, then go back and see I've been very positive on the switch. I'm excited to get one and play the games. I've also been playing and enjoying 3ds over the last couple months.

But again, none of this has anything to do with what was said in this thread.

I swear you acting like my wife right now.

Me: I don't like how that dress fits
Her: Oh so you think I'm fat and it would look better on another chick
Me: what:mindblown:
Her: remember two months ago you said you liked a similar dress on that manikin at the store?
Me: :snoop:
Her: Just answer the question and admit it
Me: :camby: leave me the hell alone.

Stop acting like a wife breh :comeon:
Breh you are furious. You wanna take a break and pick up this conversation later or something?
I asked if I have misunderstood you because what I hear from you is:

Nintendo sucks for making the same games
Sony sucks for making the same games
Microsoft is amazing for making the same games

Did you not state Nintendo games are all simple?
Did you not state that Nintendo makes the same games over and over again?
Did you not state that Sony makes the same games over and over again?
Have you not applauded Microsoft each time they have delivered the same games over and over again?

I'm not sure how else to break it down to you.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Are the people saying Nintendo games are easier to make game developers? if not how the fukk would you even know? from your ASSumption? :stopitslime:
That's why I'm asking the armchair game developers here what constitutes a "complex" game and what exactly makes a Nintendo game, specifically, Zelda BOTW "simple" outside of the cartoony presentation?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Y'all comparing it to games like Assasins creed where there's hundreds of NPCs and you can scale buildings, or fallout where all items/npcs/progression is persistent. Or multiplayer games that need to host millions of gamers.

Other games are obviously taking on a larger technical challenge.

That's all I said, nothing about the quality of the game.

This thread is about bugs or lack there of. Nintendo keeps there games very grounded, so they don't even have a lot of the challenges other games do.
But is that really such a bad thing :ld:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
MGSV is simple compared to the aforementioned games. You have very limited agency in the world. You can only climb specific places. Not much verticality at all.

And again, it was done deliberately so they can have their game running at 60fps on most hardware.
MGSV is simple because you can't scale mountains? :what:
How many mountains were you scaling in Gears of War 4? What's "complex" about running through hallways and and pulling the right trigger in between horde mode like set pieces and cut scenes?
You have a really weird cherry picking goal post moving strategy to your arguments.
You're trivializing games again which as I've said, can be easily done with ANY genre.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nintendo sucks for making the same games
Sony sucks for making the same games
Microsoft is amazing for making the same games

Did you not state Nintendo games are all simple?
Did you not state that Nintendo makes the same games over and over again?
Did you not state that Sony makes the same games over and over again?
Have you not applauded Microsoft each time they have delivered the same games over and over again?
Never said any of that. NONE OF IT.

If you aren't gonna address what I actually said, then don't quote me anymore.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
But is that really such a bad thing :ld:
No. It isn't, but meach would rather complain just to complain.
There is a complete disregard for the work Nintendo put in starting these franchises from scratch and setting the standard in several genres.
Once they found what worked, they improved upon it, and perfected it to what we are referring today as "simple".

I don't think anyone is arguing that Nintendo makes the best games, but as far as the games Nintendo makes, they are the best at it. So much that they make it look "simple".

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Are the people saying Nintendo games are easier to make game developers? if not how the fukk would you even know? from your ASSumption? :stopitslime:
I seen a vid of Link setting grass on fire to create an up draft then jumping off his horse and using the updraft to get a better shot at a target. Yeah real simple stuff :skip:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
While dudes chasing that 4k dragon, Nintendo out chea putting out classics at 720p resolution :banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
MGSV is simple because you can't scale mountains? :what:
Yes, compared to games in which you can. It takes a lot of work to build a believable world that the character can interact with environment realistically.

It's easier to just not allow the character to move around freely.
How many mountains were you scaling in Gears of War 4? What's "complex" about running through hallways and and pulling the right trigger in between horde mode like set pieces and cut scenes?
The fukk? I never mentioned gears in this thread. Gears single player is simple and grounded as fukk as well. And it runs perfectly. Polished as y'all call it.

You have a really weird cherry picking goal post moving strategy to your arguments.
You're trivializing games again which as I've said, can be easily done with ANY genre.
Nah you just got emotional ass reading comprehension:smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I seen a vid of Link setting grass on fire to create an up draft then jumping off his horse and using the updraft to get a better shot at a target. Yeah real simple stuff :skip:
From a technical standpoint it is.

Unless they were really calculating the heat, and links weight, and the draft of the leaf, etc.

From a technical standpoint that's no different than other Zelda games in which you can ride a gust of wind.