Why are Nintendo games so polished?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Simple fact is when I say they make they same shyt, I don't necessarily mean they are releasing they exact same game. But they have 30 plus years of perfecting Mario, Zelda, etc. Their studios only focus on one thing. Where is nintendos Horizon? Uncharted? New innovative IP?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
single platform (this is a huge benefit)
same game getting refined for decades (reduced number of active franchises. biggest change is going from 2d to 3d)
senior staff that stay on for long periods of time (esp. miyamoto)
reduced presentation expectations (graphics, voice acting, etc.writing quality)
reduced multiplayer expectations (nobody expects good online from nintendo)
they are the publisher (no forced release dates, big r&d budget, pride in legacy more important than quarterly profit)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They actually get time to cook.

Its not like they're on those absolutely ridiculous development cycles that other big studios have to work with. A new CoD every few months, a massive bethesda-ish openworld game that is cross plat + pc, publisher/developer conflicts.... nintendo gets a lot of things right because they don't deal with the bullshyt

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Gta online is complicated but polished and took some years to finally get there

But the single player game of gta 5 was great on its own during its debut. Thats cause rockstar took their time

As they are on red dead

EA and other companies have no excuse. They rush shyt out. Its due to poor management.

Nintendo and Rockstar (when lezlie benzies was in charge) have had good management and made sure their games were polished before release

Wish Sega did this more with Sonic....

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
single platform (this is a huge benefit)
same game getting refined for decades (reduced number of active franchises. biggest change is going from 2d to 3d)
senior staff that stay on for long periods of time (esp. miyamoto)
reduced presentation expectations (graphics, voice acting, etc.writing quality)
reduced multiplayer expectations (nobody expects good online from nintendo)
they are the publisher (no forced release dates, big r&d budget, pride in legacy more important than quarterly profit)

They not gon like this.

I think it's easier to be polished whe. Your not worrying about how many polygons your game is pushing, how long your story is, how many square miles your map is or how many p's your textures are.

This is really what it boils down to low key.

Nintendo looks at fun factor and common sense things 1st, then is it a challenge and does it live up to there standard of quality.

While everyone every generation is :slapfight: over graphic nintendo defines and redefines their IP's decade after decade.

And they don't usually do a cash grab for a certain trend that going on in gaming. They have a clear goal and they stick too it, a lot of times the fans don't understand it or get it until the product drops and then its like:hubie: I guess they know what they doing after all.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Simple fact is when I say they make they same shyt, I don't necessarily mean they are releasing they exact same game. But they have 30 plus years of perfecting Mario, Zelda, etc. Their studios only focus on one thing. Where is nintendos Horizon? Uncharted? New innovative IP?

No one buys nintendo products for that. :hhh:

No one

It would be like if food company started selling cars.

Its not what they do, they might go out the box and release a exclusive 3rd party horror or survival game but thats about it.

Sony 1st party only focuses on one thing too, and I don't really enjoy there stuff because its over the topic hyper realistic and all tend to look the same.

Everyone has things they prefer, let nintendo keep doing what they are doing and perfect there craft.

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Yes as, fukk

Graphics simple. No online. Simple mechanics.

Not much to go wrong.
There is nothing simple about BOTW
Gta online is complicated but polished and took some years to finally get there

But the single player game of gta 5 was great on its own during its debut. Thats cause rockstar took their time

As they are on red dead

EA and other companies have no excuse. They rush shyt out. Its due to poor management.

Nintendo and Rockstar (when lezlie benzies was in charge) have had good management and made sure their games were polished before release

Wish Sega did this more with Sonic....
Red Dead had bugs.