Why are Mexicans getting a pass for claiming "Chicano Oldies"?

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
So I'm confused as to why you're in here attacking me about an observation I've made about the hypocrisy of enjoying black entertainement, yet not respecting black people?

If I was in here calling Mexicans "wetbacks" or something like that I'd understand you being upset, but I'm not.

Seems like me simply calling out the observation somehow makes me a racist according to you.

Those are the tactics alt right Trump supporters use on blacks anytime black people bring up race. Claim the black person is a racist for simply discussing it.

Stop :comeon:

In most of your post your labeling Mexicans

Don't try to spin this into some other bullshyt :scust: and just leave everything as is

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
What are you basing all of this off again? :jbhmm:
I'm basing this off of your comments in this thread.

You haven't said anything about Mexicans claiming black music, or Mexicans calling black people mayates, but instead you've chosen to focus on me supposedly being a racist.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I know what Chicano means.
Explain to me how them being American suddenly makes it okay.

I figured a lot of posters didn't know the difference, and were maybe confused as to how an immigrant class could come to another country and essentially adopt a peculiar part of american culture.

Nevertheless, this is no different than white kids listening to rap music, or really white kids listening to any black music created in this country, period. I guess the real question is whether or not black artists are being exploited when non-AAs listen to their music.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I figured a lot of posters didn't know the difference, and were maybe confused as to how an immigrant class could come to another country and essentially adopt a peculiar part of american culture.

Nevertheless, this is no different than white kids listening to rap music, or really white kids listening to any black music created in this country, period. I guess the real question is whether or not black artists are being exploited when non-AAs listen to their music.
When you're not acknowledging the artist who created it, and discriminate against the race of people who made it, I have an issue with it.

It's not "Chicano oldies" just because it's the music Chicanos decided to listen to.

Thats like white people from the Midwest taking hip-hop music that they listened to during the 90's and claiming it as "Nebraska oldies" just cuz they're from Nebraska and that just so happen to be the music that they liked when they grew up.

Doing so makes it a lot easier for the consumers of music to forget about who created it.

I wouldn't be surprised if half these fans of those "Chicano oldies" didn't even realize they were black artists.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
When you're not acknowledging the artist who created it, and discriminate against the race of people who made it, I have an issue with it.

It's not "Chicano oldies" just because it's the music Chicanos decided to listen to.

Thats like white people from the Midwest taking hip-hop music that they listened to during the 90's and claiming it as "Nebraska oldies" just cuz they're from Nebraska and that just so happen to be the music that they liked when they grew up.

Doing so makes it a lot easier for the consumers of music to forget about who created it.

I wouldn't be surprised if have these fans of those "Chicano oldies" didn't even realize they were black artists.

I certainly agree with you to a certain extent. I don't understand how AA music can be so fondly related to a culture that looks down on the very same people who compose the music.

However, does it ever stop being AA music just because other ethnicities call it whatever they'd like? At what point do the black musicians end up losing their credit?:jbhmm:

I'm truly curious. There's a lot that could be explored beyond the 'oldies' genre. Rap, jazz, blues, rock, and house music could all be looked into.

Anyways, the race discussion on this website is simply too monotonous. I really want to start reading about the relationship between classism and racism in this country.

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
I'm basing this off of your comments in this thread.

You haven't said anything about Mexicans claiming black music, or Mexicans calling black people mayates, but instead you've chosen to focus on me supposedly being a racist.

Didn't mean that, I meant for the whole thread. You took that damn YouTube video and went off about Mexicans this and that

I ain't worried about all of that music shyt, it got nothing to do with me. That's one dude on YouTube who posted the video. I'm 2nd generation americano of mexicano descent living in Texas. Never been apart of that Chicano, low rider culture

We already addressed the word mayate

In closing i see why you made this thread and what youre doing with it you hating ass fakkit, I called you out on it already so there ain't nothing more to say

Panoch :pacspit:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I wouldn't be surprised if have these fans of those "Chicano oldies" didn't even realize they were black artists.
You have NO idea what ur talking about :russ:
If you even were a fan of Oldies you would know alot those groups still perform, all the time, specially in the souTh west, who you think filling half the venues you retard? I've gone to maybe a dozen concerts, mainly 70's Soul jams, and it's for the most part half older black couples and half Mexicans, you act like we don't know who Brenton Wood:whoo: Smokey Robinson :blessed: The Stylistics :feedme: The Delfonics :takedat: and The O'Jays are:whew: maybe you should ask the artist themselves why they haven't said anything, they'd probably tell You to shut the fukk up, you aint the one putting money in their pockets