Why are Igbo Nigerians so good at football?

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off idiot, there is essetially NO genetic differencs between an Igbo and a Yuroba, so all this nonsense you typed is stupidity. Differences are purely language and culture, which has little effect in terms of athletic excellence. If anything, the vast majority of igbo families shun sports and stress academics. Which is actually the right move overall.

There are plenty of talented igbo athletes, especially in soccer. The fukking Nigerian soccer team that won gold in Atlanta was majority igbo you stupid fukk.

Thirdly, genetic studies are showing that a LARGE percentage of African Americans are descendants of the Igbo tribe, so that could potentially explain the high percentage of athletically gifted African Americans.

Insinuating somehow Yurobas are athletically superior is stupidity.

And i hope your not some fat ass idiot typing this nonsense, with your superior yuroba genetics.. :mjlol:

:skip:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The tribal beefs are so fukking stupid to me :pachaha:. If you Nigerian, you my fam. End of story to me. Especially if we meeting up in a foreign land. fukk the bullshyt. No point of carrying on divisiness that has set our country back in another country

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
:deadrose:

How's a Cameroon a close second when there's no half-decent Igbo player in the NBA?

The GOAT African player in NBA history, Hakeem Olajuwon, is Yoruba.
The only other African number one pick, the bust, Olowkandy, is Yoruba.
The GOAT young player in the NBA right now, Giannis Antetoukumpo, is Yoruba.
Then Victor Oladipo and Al Farooq Aminu are Yorubas.

The best Igbo player in the NBA isn't even as good as Al Farooq Aminu. And of all the rookies of Nigerian descent in the draft, Bam Adebayo (another Yoruba) is getting the most shine from NBA analysts and, Sam Ojeleye (Yoruba) is already getting minutes. Igbo don't thrive like that in the NBA and Okafor who was meant to be good hasn't even lived up to the hype. There aren't no Africans with the same pedigree as Yorubas in the NBA.

OP.

I think it's because there are more Igbos in the US and I believe the Nigerian nightmare, Christian Okoye, kind of paved the way for them. Unlike the UK for example where there more Yorubas. And they tend to be stockier. But Jay Ajayi is Yoruba and he's pretty good at what he does. And Green Bay legend, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, is Yoruba. I believe there are about 10-15 Yorubas on NFL roster and, Nelson Agholor who has been decent for the Eagles this year, is Edo.

The thread is unnecessary, though. Some of you just like unnecessary pissing contests - it must be an American and a Nigerian thing.

We weren't even talking about the afonjas and they derailed the thread - again.
:mjgrin:

Daps
A large percentage of them are. The Igbo is marginalized in Nigeria, so many had to leave in order to make money. Hausas which control Nigeria rarely if ever leave. Yorubas come, but since they have wealth in the country, they aren't as pressed to leave.

Furthmore, igboland was heavily raided during the slave trade, as the igbo people were not well organized. This in turn means a significant portion of African Americans are of igbo ancestory.

Igbo's leave Nigeria and break records industries all over the world, giving Nigeria recognition the country honestly doesn't deserve. Especially since they treat Igbos like shyt.
Igbo in large numbers from slave trade. I would expect yuroba since it's close to the ocean but igbo is far inland

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Igbo in large numbers from slave trade. I would expect yuroba since it's close to the ocean but igbo is far inland

The amount of Yorubas in the slave trade only rose to equal the slaves taken from the Bight of Biafra when the main Yoruba political entity, the Oyo Empire, fell into civil war. Prior to that, relatively fewer Yoruba slaves wound up in the slave trade.

The late influx of large numbers of Yoruba slaves in the Atlantic World helped ensure that Yoruba culture would have a large imprint on Afro-diasporic populations

Daps
@Bonk - There's very little genetic difference between the Igbo and Yoruba. They split off from each other some 3000 years ago. The main difference, if at all, is that some Yorubas (around old Oyo and Kwara) have some Fulani admixture.
What about housa are they related in any way genetically

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The amount of Yorubas in the slave trade only rose to equal the slaves taken from the Bight of Biafra when the main Yoruba political entity, the Oyo Empire, fell into civil war. Prior to that, relatively fewer Yoruba slaves wound up in the slave trade.

The late influx of large numbers of Yoruba slaves in the Atlantic World helped ensure that Yoruba culture would have a large imprint on Afro-diasporic populations
Exactly. And most of those Yurobas ended up in South America, primarily Brazil, Venezuela, and Argentina

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The tribal beefs are so fukking stupid to me :pachaha:. If you Nigerian, you my fam. End of story to me. Especially if we meeting up in a foreign land. fukk the bullshyt. No point of carrying on divisiness that has set our country back in another country
You damn well know that it's all about your tribe/ethnicity in Africa.