Why are Dominicans wholly convinced they aren't black?

Daps
I honestly don't care what they identify as. If they don't want to be black. Let em gooooooo. If someone biracial doesn't want to be considered black. Let em gooooooo. We as black people should be more concerned with ourselves and what's going on in our community

Another thing , too many black people try to claim Native American ancestry when the don't ever try to claim us. All this my great great great grandma with Indian shyt needs to stop to. I don't claim anyone who doesn't claim me.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
dominicans are the coli's daddies

"why doesnt daddy claim me? why wont daddy come home?"

"fukk daddy. if he doesnt wanna claim us thats his problem"

:umad:

sidenote: i think we went like a month without one of these threads tho :ehh: we making progress

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I get all that. But when referencing black people,black culture acting "black" etc we're often talking about a specific people

Black is heavily associated with American black so I can see why a Dominican,nigerian,ethiopian etc doesn't identify with it.
That's the thing. It may be popular among us to embrace the concept of race but that doesn't mean that the black race is exclusive to us lol.

What is to be understood is that they either don't understand the concept of race or they deny it because it connects them to AAs.

No matter how much you or them want to make it so that black = AAs only it will be useless because fact wise black means all members of the African Diaspora

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
That's the thing. It may be popular among us to embrace the concept of race but that doesn't mean that the black race is exclusive to us lol.

What is to be understood is that they either don't understand the concept of race or they deny it because it connects them to AAs.

No matter how much you or them want to make it so that black = AAs only it will be useless because fact wise black means all members of the African Diaspora

You keep mentioning this. Its because the modern definition of "Black" is most associated with AA people/culture. I don't think we would be having this conversation if it wasn't for the black empowerment movement in the seventies

No other diasporan group had anywhere near the same level of propaganda for the word or for that identity. The whole White people,Black people thing is extremely American centric

edit*matter fact one of my Kenyan homeboys used to joke to all the time how he wasn't black but African. My afro-latino Panamanian friend used to do the same thing

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You keep mentioning this. Its because the modern definition of "Black" is most associated with AA people/culture. I don't think we would be having this conversation if it wasn't for the black empowerment movement in the seventies

No other diasporan group had anywhere near the same level of propaganda for the word or for that identity. The whole White people,Black people thing is extremely American centric

edit*matter fact one of my Kenyan homeboys used to joke to all the time how he wasn't black but African. My afro-latino Panamanian friend used to do the same thing
The concept of race is mainly accepted in America

Yet those Africans who say they are not black is wrong lol.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
We never accepted African American as a people. That term was imposed on us your talking about a term that was created in the late eighties lol.

Aframs are the ones who created the term "AfroAmerican". It wasn't imposed on us at all.

The meaning straight from the AfroAmerican that coined the term

Timothy Thomas Fortune

"In Chicago on January 25, 1890 Fortune co-founded the militant National Afro-American League to right wrongs against African Americans authorized by law and sanctioned or tolerated by public opinion. The league fell apart after four years. When it was revived in Rochester, New York on September 15, 1898, it had the new name of the "National Afro-American Council", with Fortune as President. • The National Afro-American Council - the first nationwide civil rights organization in the United States. • Provided a training ground for some of the nation’s most famous civil rights leaders in the 1910s, 1920s, and beyond. • The Council lobbied actively for the passage of a federal anti-lynching law and raised funds to finance a court test against the “grandfather clause” in Louisiana. Fortune was also the leading advocate of using Afro-American to identify his people. Since they are "African in origin and American in birth", it was his argument that it most accurately defined them."

Timothy Thomas Fortune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Aframs are the ones who created the term "AfroAmerican". It wasn't imposed on us at all.

The meaning straight from the AfroAmerican that coined the term

Timothy Thomas Fortune

"In Chicago on January 25, 1890 Fortune co-founded the militant National Afro-American League to right wrongs against African Americans authorized by law and sanctioned or tolerated by public opinion. The league fell apart after four years. When it was revived in Rochester, New York on September 15, 1898, it had the new name of the "National Afro-American Council", with Fortune as President. • The National Afro-American Council - the first nationwide civil rights organization in the United States. • Provided a training ground for some of the nation’s most famous civil rights leaders in the 1910s, 1920s, and beyond. • The Council lobbied actively for the passage of a federal anti-lynching law and raised funds to finance a court test against the “grandfather clause” in Louisiana. Fortune was also the leading advocate of using Afro-American to identify his people. Since they are "African in origin and American in birth", it was his argument that it most accurately defined them."

Timothy Thomas Fortune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:ohhh: why didn't we just rock with that. Way back than

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I honestly don't care what they identify as. If they don't want to be black. Let em gooooooo. If someone biracial doesn't want to be considered black. Let em gooooooo. We as black people should be more concerned with ourselves and what's going on in our community

Another thing , too many black people try to claim Native American ancestry when the don't ever try to claim us. All this my great great great grandma with Indian shyt needs to stop to. I don't claim anyone who doesn't claim me.
:russ:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
dominicans are the coli's daddies

"why doesnt daddy claim me? why wont daddy come home?"

"fukk daddy. if he doesnt wanna claim us thats his problem"

:umad:

sidenote: i think we went like a month without one of these threads tho :ehh: we making progress

One thing tho; You wont find many of us hang out on majority Dominican forums:sas1:.

Think about that..