Why are Dominicans wholly convinced they aren't black?

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Serious question. I've NEVER met a Dominican that acknowledges themselves as black. If you call them that they get extremely offended and always have to clarify to you that they identify as "Dominican", or one of the ethnicities from the DR like taino (I think that's what it's called).

Do these nikkas not understand that nationality/ethnicity is not tied to race? :dahell:

What blows my mind even more is not only do they not acknowledge themselves as black, but some of them genuinely think they're above them. I've had Dominicans dudes who're darker than me with nappier hair deadass look me in the eye and have the nerve to make disparaging comments about black people to me. Like...what?:dwillhuh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Serious question. I've NEVER met a Dominican that acknowledges themselves as black. If you call them that they get extremely offended and always have to clarify to you that they identify as "Dominican", or one of the ethnicities from the DR like taino (I think that's what it's called).

Do these nikkas not understand that nationality/ethnicity is not tied to race? :dahell:

What blows my mind even more is not only do they not acknowledge themselves as black, but some of them genuinely think they're above them. I've had Dominicans dudes who're darker than me with nappier hair deadass look me in the eye and have the nerve to make disparaging comments about black people to me. Like...what?:dwillhuh:

To them Haitans are black. Most Haitians are TOTALLY AFRICAN with very little mixture. Most dominicans are mixed and many are very lightskinned or white.

Add countless conflicts with Haiti over the years and you have your answer.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
:mjlol:@Barnett115 aka @1stPick stay getting banned lol.

But yeah I notice that too but it's not just Dominicans it's a couple Ricans and Cubanos who like to deny their African ancestry as well.But :yeshrug:

If this type of thing is worst in Florida and the south though.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because Dominicans are Black and being Black; they feel that they have to be off on some self hating dumb shyt.

Last edited: