Why are Black people so passionate about Intergration and dining with Whites?

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
All thru the civil rights movement, seems like Black were dying to be near and mix with Whites :what:

Is it really that bad having our own fountains, hotels and restaurants? Our own doctors and lawyers? Our doctors and lawyers are just as good as there's, if not better. :Cochran: I'm sure our hotels and restaurants could be just as prestigious as theirs. I'm sure if we would have did our own thing like Malcolm X suggested, whites and other races would be dying to come. Just like in Harlem back in the day and in HipHop. We're very creative and innovative people, seems like when we integrated we lost a lot of motivation to build our own stuff. If we wouldve never integrated i'm sure we'd be better off, and there would be a lot more Black owned places.

I was thinking about the incident in NC, were a few Blacks weren't allowed to dine in this majority white diner. So? I never want to be in a city or place were they don't want m or my money. I think business owners should be able to allow or refuse to not service whoever they want.

MLK feared he was leading his people into a burning house. We've only gotten pimped and played since integration. Overcharged, high interest loans, trickery. Most horrible and damaging, false sense of acceptance, stability and respect.

:lawd:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
even in nazi germany where jazz was banned cacs had to have it

same at all teh black clubs whites would flock in to listen to duke ellington etc.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
On the other hand, we all know, if we would've really built up our own institution to the level of theirs, they would've just find a way to take it from us.

Damned if you do

Yeah like they burned down Tulsa and Harlem...:to:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
I agree.

And it's sad to see Black people yearn for the acceptance of white people.

Let a white dude give a Black dude a compliment on his car and he will damn near bust a nut on the spot smh

Of course you had to use that analogy :deadrose:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Problem with your argument though is you never really lived through that kind of segregation.

Hearing stories about it, learning about it, speculating about what should've been done right is all moot because you weren't there. You didn't really know how those people lived because you didn't experience it.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I wish people would stop with this shyt about we don't support black businesses.
It's other races that dont support our businesses.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Think about it you see a McDonald's and you want to get something to eat.but you can't just because your black

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
So? I never want to be in a city or place were they don't want m or my money. I think business owners should be able to allow or refuse to not service whoever they want.

:stopitslime:

Shammago

By Any Means
Daps
Reppin
Sun rises in the East
All thru the civil rights movement, seems like Black were dying to be near and mix with Whites :what:

Is it really that bad having our own fountains, hotels and restaurants? Our own doctors and lawyers? Our doctors and lawyers are just as good as there's, if not better. :Cochran: I'm sure our hotels and restaurants could be just as prestigious as theirs. I'm sure if we would have did our own thing like Malcolm X suggested, whites and other races would be dying to come. Just like in Harlem back in the day and in HipHop. We're very creative and innovative people, seems like when we integrated we lost a lot of motivation to build our own stuff. If we wouldve never integrated i'm sure we'd be better off, and there would be a lot more Black owned places.

I was thinking about the incident in NC, were a few Blacks weren't allowed to dine in this majority white diner. So? I never want to be in a city or place were they don't want m or my money. I think business owners should be able to allow or refuse to not service whoever they want.

MLK feared he was leading his people into a burning house. We've only gotten pimped and played since integration. Overcharged, high interest loans, trickery. Most horrible and damaging, false sense of acceptance, stability and respect.

Back in the 50s and 60s separate but equal was truly not equal as the black establishments were inferior and not well funded as the white establishments was back in the day.

But today, we as a people (blacks) have an ability to create our own long lasting business. Separate but equal is not as prevalent as it was decades ago. Yet, we still have a ways to go.