why are anime characters drawn white??

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4M5SUNZ.png

Ae4qrox.png

I just posted a link about double eyelids just like you did.

your cac tactics won't work over here.

4M5SUNZ.png
I'm not using "cac tactics", I specifically quoted people who are actually
in the country, interacting with the people of Japan.
You then posted an article about Korean people :dahell:

Another discussion where actual asians are involved :
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion...ve-natural-double-eyelids-without-surgery/p37

You're also forgetting that "double eyelids" is not an inherently "white" thing.
It appears across humanity regardless of skin color :mindblown:
And yes that includes Japanese people :snoop:
Where did I say that? Let's not put words in my mouth.
It doesn't take much to see that the style they think of as cute is not the japanese norm.
They focus more on the widening of the eyes to increase the cuteness yet that is the defining characteristic about Asians.
The more "cuter" to them the more non japanese they look in the eyes. It ain't rocket science.
That's basically what you just did, you used an art form to come to the conclusion
of what an entire country thinks or feels ignoring the flaws in such a view.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
That's basically what you just did, you used an art form to come to the conclusion
of what an entire country thinks or feels ignoring the flaws in such a view.
What I did was make some observations:

Blond hair and blue eyes aren't japanese features yet some of their characters have it.

Wide eyes aren't japanese features either yet their cute characters have it.

Even worse when you look at their way of increasing cuteness is making it less and less like japanese eyes.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
article-2222481-15A9A29D000005DC-293_634x334.jpg

Before and after: South Korean plastic surgeon Dr Seo says women are eager to have Caucasian features

Ae4qrox.png

Eyelid surgery has become an increasingly popular way for Asian women to attain Caucasian-style 'double eyelids' but a new invention promises a cheaper and less painful alternative to the operating theatre.

The 'Eyelid Trainer' claims to exercise eye muscles so that they form the desired double crease shape.

The gadget, which costs £16 ($25) is marketed as 'a smart and simple way to give your eyes the double eyelid that many Japanese girls want to get in order to stand out from everyone else with the typical Asian look.'

article-2461172-18C080BA00000578-785_634x348.jpg

Femail reported last year that South Korean women had become so immersed in western celebrity culture that double eyelid surgery, which creates the Caucasian crease many Asian women don't naturally have, has become as common as going to the dentist.

Eyelid surgery involves cutting the outer end of the eyes to make them wider and rounder.

Overtaking Brazil as the plastic surgery capital of the world, South Korea now has the highest number of surgeries performed per capita.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...omises-Asian-girls-western-look--surgery.html

4M5SUNZ.png

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
What it boils down to is that everybody wants to be beautiful and nobody wants to be looked at as a freak

Unfortunately, we're all taught that light skin is beautiful and everything else is ugly

This isn't just an asian thing, just about every race that's not white goes through this

white supremacy has destroyed all non-white people to some capacity unless you're an indigenous group that has never come into contact with white people.

:manny: just the facts.

Blackout

Daps
What it boils down to is that everybody wants to be beautiful and nobody wants to be looked at as a freak

Unfortunately, we're all taught that light skin is beautiful and everything else is ugly

This isn't just an asian thing, just about every race that's not white goes through this
Yep from skin to eyes to hair that white supremacy is a mothafukka.
Ae4qrox.png

A lot of white people don't and refuse to see the effects of white supremacy and a lot refuse to admit that it exists everywhere because it makes them uncomfortable.

So they go at anybody who mentions it to try and shut them up.
4M5SUNZ.png

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps

white supremacy got us all breh

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Not necessarily? It says straight up that its from western animation. :snoop:

Speaking of asia

white supremacy has destroyed all non-white people to some capacity unless you're an indigenous group that has never come into contact with white people.

:manny: just the facts.

:banderas:
They don't hear us though

And don't fall for the whites not wanting to be other races. They live in tanning booths and pump Botox in those lips every chance they get.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I did was make some observations:

Blond hair and blue eyes aren't japanese features yet some of their characters have it.

Wide eyes aren't japanese features either yet their cute characters have it.

Even worse when you look at their way of increasing cuteness is making it less and less like japanese eyes.
"Wide eyes" isn't something unique to Non Japanese people though,
it occurs in Japanese people naturally.
That's the part you're missing, it isn't a common trait like large breasts,
wanting them doesn't mean they want to be less Asian, it can mean they want
to appear LESS COMMON, this is why I mentioned Japanese Homogeneity in my other posts.
The blog post below is also from a Plastic Surgeon, with actual Asian people
chiming in :
http://eyemd.wordpress.com/2007/02/02/are-double-eyelids-inherited-genetically/

There are also other forms of cosmetic surgery available in Japan
yet they aren't really signing up for it in droves, I mean if they wanted to "look white" I think
they'd also augment other features like their lips and noses, which in some cases
can be very different from Europeans.

There are historical ideals of beauty that predate westerners, especially in Japan.
like for instance White Skin or Pale Skin.

I'm not saying "White supremacy" doesn't exist, I'm stating this
generalization you guys are running with lacks specificity and falls
apart with even a minor examination.

Last edited:

Blackout

Daps
"Wide eyes" isn't something unique to Non Japanese people though,
it occurs in Japanese people naturally.
That's the part you're missing, it isn't a common trait like large breasts,
wanting them doesn't mean they want to be less Asian, it can means they want
to appear LESS COMMON, this is why I mentioned Japanese Homogeneity in my other posts.
The blog post below is also from a Plastic Surgeon, with actual Asian people
chiming in :
http://eyemd.wordpress.com/2007/02/02/are-double-eyelids-inherited-genetically/

There are also other forums of cosmetic surgery available in Japan
yet they aren't really signing up for it in droves, I mean if they wanted to "look white" I think
they'd also augment other features like their lips and noses, which in some cases
can be very different from Europeans.

There are historical ideals of beauty that predate westerners, especially in Japan.
like for instance White Skin or Pale Skin.

I'm not saying "White supremacy" doesn't exist, I'm stating this
generalization you guys are running with lacks specificity and falls
apart with even a minor examination.
Their want to appear less common is what led them to the west.

Even the asian with wider eyes still have the eastern feature in their eyes not seen in western eyes.

That Eastern feature isn't even seen in the anime cute characters and some normal japanese characters like the one I posted earlier. It just looks full on western styled.

To even mention the fact of anime coming from them liking western animation shows even more that its a western look that they have in the anime actually is from their interest in the west.

Last edited:

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
once upon a time (before cacs interfered), Japanese had no problem with depicting themselves how they actually were and were perfectly fine with the features they already had.

01samuraiprint_0.jpg

picKatsukawaShunchoCollectionofSuggestivePicturesBlog-764938.jpg

cool_japanese_vintage_lady_geisha_portrait_art_business_card-r6ee9da2099b04d8db0516aa79a8fe79c_i579g_8byvr_512.jpg

cacs swoop through and all of a sudden, beauty is "big eyes" "double eyelids" and "light eyes"

:wow:
Are u asian