why are anime characters drawn white??

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I said appearance as in characters appearance. Kumogakure doesn't have any African history resemblance but who's going to deny this guy is based on black appearance

First_Raikage.jpg
Well then we will go back to what you said about unless Kishi says so then we won't know what he based their appearance on.

Nonetheless there is still the issue of them passing off European features as japanese in many animes when the feature are anything but japanese. A few japanese looking characters doesn't change that any others who are supposed to be Japanese don't look the part.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
while were talking about anime any of you brehs watch toonami on adult swim
toonami helped usher in the age of watered down anime...but nah what's their roster lookin like?

tbh all the good shyt stays in manga format besides attack on titan

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Kinda remember that,,he puts on that alien suit or is that 8 man? You ever seen urusei yatsura or maison Ikkoku ? It's the same creator who did Ranma and inuyatsu but her way earlier work
yea alien organism/ armor

8man is a robot

yeah i know ursei yatsura...ranma was better

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Well the. We will go back to what you said about unless Kishi says so then we won't know what he based their appearance on.

Nonetheless there is still the issue of them passing off European features as japanese in many other examples you gave.
I'm not denying that but I usually see the "smaller" eyes as Asian while the bigger rounder eyes looked more European.
This is what I view as Asian in Anime
Alternateuniform.jpg

This is what view as European in Anime
Sakura.Haruno.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I'm not denying that but I usually see the "smaller" eyes as Asian while the bigger rounder eyes looked more European.
This is what I view as Asian in Anime
Alternateuniform.jpg

This is what view as European in Anime
Sakura.Haruno.jpg
I see it that way too but they don't stay consistent with it which is my issue.

Its all hit an miss like they are trying to slide in the European look under the radar.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
What y'all think about Space Dandy? The protagonist reminds me of a Lupin III type but I'm a fan of outrageous monsters/beasts/etc so it's caught my eye. Any reviews?

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
This Mayu Watanabe person looks like the anime girls.
http://jmanmoonwalkdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/watanabe_mayu2012.jpg[\img]

Here is an alternative theory I found online. Sorry, I lost the link. Not taking credit for it, doe.
Japanese are the east Asians with the widest eyes (wider than Koreans and Chinese). Japanese descended from more southern Mongolians. Also, something about the Japanese have descended from Ainu people.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
A lot of anime charcaters, especially girls are exaggerated when it comes to eyes or shape and so. Most of teh time you can easily differentiate between characters supposed to be japs and those who are cac or half-cac (they tend to look the same rofl)