Why are 99.98% of Horror movies not scary

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Because subject matter that would actually have folks shook would be too controversial for enterainment IMO
Like that thread someone made a week or so ago about how global warming is causing the release of viruses that date back millennia and how in 6 decades or more the planet will begin its endgame.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm grown and the original Black and White "The Exorcist" still scares me.

the Exorcist curse scares me. the fact that a lot of people (in real life) actually died or injured in some way that were associated with the making of this movie. Same with Poltergiest.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
cant even remember that last time i shooked during a film:francis:

You just got older man

aliens, hellraiser , gremlins scared me as a child

The only movies I know that can make feel something a little is

onesheet.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Because once you reach a certain age you realize that shyt is not real or even possible in the slightest.

you do realize that a lot of horror movies and horror movie ideas, were based on actual events that happened in real life or true stories (they just add more drama to it). (Texas Chainsaw Massacre - based on a serial killer in Australia, Nightmare on Elm Street - based on a town in China, kids were dying in their sleep, The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Molly or Emily (or whatever that white girl's name was) Child's Play and Annabelle are based on the haunted Raggedy ann doll, The Amityville Horror.. etc etc).

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
the game Silent Hill P.T. had me fukking shook and I was only watching gameplay

I haven't played that one but the original Silent Hill on PS1 was the scariest game I ever played. The shytty graphics made it even more scarier since everything was covered in fog. You never knew if something was in front of you until it was literally 3 feet away.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
You just got older man

aliens, hellraiser , gremlins scared me as a child

The only movies I know that can make feel something a little is

onesheet.jpg
Well at least, the 2nd game had a way of shakin me. Something was about to pop off and I'm cuttin off the console.:mjlol:

Saw the movie opening day and it was entertaining. That' all you can really ask for with films of this genre.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Alot of them are very cliche nowadays, I literally can predict what will happen

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
you do realize that a lot of horror movies and horror movie ideas, were based on actual events that happened in real life or true stories (they just add more drama to it). (Texas Chainsaw Massacre - based on a serial killer in Australia, Nightmare on Elm Street - based on a town in China, kids were dying in their sleep, The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Molly or Emily (or whatever that white girl's name was) Child's Play and Annabelle are based on the haunted Raggedy ann doll, The Amityville Horror.. etc etc).
for sure but not most of the modern movies lol