WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Hayes is guarenteed jack shyt, so any big that comes it will automatically be competing for the backup center slot, which will become the starting center slot the moment AD gets hurt and starts missing games, at which point both "extra bigs" will need heavy minutes.
like who?
Not to mention that AD will want to play 4 as often as he can, which means even more minutes for those bigs.
i doubt we’ll see AD at the 4 other than spot minutes moving forward…it seems the team has moved on from that era
Remember how critical it was to have both Dwight and JaVale for that 2020 title season? And that was a year AD was healthy all season. The Lakers NEED one more playable big, there is zero doubt about that.
that was when you had two bigs starting Javale + AD usually … the Lakers don’t play that way anymore so i’m not sure there’s much use for two actual rotational bigs behind AD

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
like who?

i doubt we’ll see AD at the 4 other than spot minutes moving forward…it seems the team has moved on from that era

that was when you had two bigs starting Javale + AD usually … the Lakers don’t play that way anymore so i’m not sure there’s much use for two actual rotational bigs behind AD

Two back-up bigs makes sense if they have different skillsets.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
like who?

Derrick Favors, Bismack Biyombo, Willie Cauley-Stein, Dwayne Dedmon, Willy Hernangomez, Nerlens Noel, Frank Kaminsky, Christian Wood, and Paul Reed are still available, I think

Last year they had Bryant plus Wenyan and it clearly was inadequate. Then they had Mo plus Wenyan and it clearly was inadequate. And Hayes very well could be no better than Wenyan.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Derrick Favors, Bismack Biyombo, Willie Cauley-Stein, Dwayne Dedmon, Willy Hernangomez, Nerlens Noel, Frank Kaminsky, Christian Wood, and Paul Reed are still available, I think

Last year they had Bryant plus Wenyan and it clearly was inadequate. Then they had Mo plus Wenyan and it clearly was inadequate. And Hayes very well could be no better than Wenyan.

Right they just need to sign Willy Hernangomez and call it a day.

They just need a dude to play solid defense and rebound if AD gets hurt there is enough offensive talent between Rui, Bron, and Reaves

Dude is really solid

But I have a feeling that they want to sign Javale McGhee.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Got you
Anything is going to be inadequate if AD is hurt … like he was last year ..you can sign all of those boys listed above and it will still be a hole in the front court …the rotation will suffer like it did with the previous bigs

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Got you

Anything is going to be inadequate if AD is hurt … like he was last year ..you can sign all of those boys listed above and it will still be a hole in the front court …the rotation will suffer like it did with the previous bigs

If AD gets hurt for a 20 game stretch next season this team will be way better than they team that was starting Westbrook, Pat Bev, and Troy Brown Jr.

If you go small you could go with several lineups without AD.

Dlo/Gabe Reaves/Gabe
Reaves Reddish/Christie
Vando Vando
Rui Rui
Bron Bron

Or if you go with a traditional lineup:

Dlo
Reaves/Christie/Reddish
Rui
Bron
Javale McGhee/ Willy/ Jaxson Hayes

The team will still be good enough to maintain a top seed.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
If AD gets hurt for a 20 game stretch next season this team will be way better than they team that was starting Westbrook, Pat Bev, and Troy Brown Jr.

If you go small you could go with several lineups without AD.

Dlo/Gabe Reaves/Gabe
Reaves Reddish/Christie
Vando Vando
Rui Rui
Bron Bron

Or if you go with a traditional lineup:

Dlo
Reaves/Christie/Reddish
Rui
Bron
Javale McGhee/ Willy/ Jaxson Hayes

The team will still be good enough to maintain a top seed.
I’m talking strictly about the big rotation … Javale McGee is not a quality starter in 2023-2024

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Need Magic Johnson, LeBron, and AD to call Christian Wood and convince him to sign with us for the minimum

Don't need him just need a backup center that can defend and rebound.

Even if AD misses time you have enough offensive talent.