WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
You are right when Bron gets back healthy this team will be nice.

They still need a backup Center and another shooter though in my opinion.

I still think that they will finish top 3 in the West.
There's a few bigs Lakers could sign who can provide some rim protection. I think it's gonna be a lot harder to find a shooter. Most players who can shoot already got a bag or gonna get a bag. Who is available that can fill that role?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
how many bigs do the lakers need? seems like they’re going to actually try and give Hayes a chance at reliable minutes id be surprised if they got another big that was anything more than a low impact back of the bench vet

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
There's a few bigs Lakers could sign who can provide some rim protection. I think it's gonna be a lot harder to find a shooter. Most players who can shoot already got a bag or gonna get a bag. Who is available that can fill that role?

Should not have let go of Beasley

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
how many bigs do the lakers need? seems like they’re going to actually try and give Hayes a chance at reliable minutes id be surprised if they got another big that was anything more than a low impact back of the bench vet

Knowing that AD is liable to miss 25 plus games you need another big. Hopefully Bamba resigns for the min. He will get a chance. Heck I wouldn’t mind Bol either.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Knowing that AD is liable to miss 25 plus games you need another big. Hopefully Bamba resigns for the min. He will get a chance. Heck I wouldn’t mind Bol either.
i can’t imagine a big that’s worth playing coming in to be a “break in case of emergency” big but i do get the health concerns with AD

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Mavs said they wouldn’t sign him at any cost

If it’s a no brainer then why is he still unsigned?

Isn’t it telling that he’s never made the playoffs? Even with Luka? He was crying about coming off the bench even before the season started and Kidd has to address it. He did the same in Houston. Either way he’s not signing here so it’s a waste of time. More likely just resigning Wenyen or Bamba. A big that’s content being 14th man

I’m saying it’s a no brainer for the Lakers to sign him at that price.

Talent wise he’s still one of the more talented bigs in the entire league. You absolutely roll the dice on that. His skillset is an absolute fit on this roster. And if it doesn’t work out you get rid of him

So what’s the risk?

nikkas was saying the same thing about Monk before he came to the Lakers. But they rolled the dice because Monk was a talented player and the team benefited from that. The same way they would benefit from Woods

And tbf Woods had a legit beef vs the Mavs. He was productive on his time on the court. His on/off numbers reflect that. Kidd was on some bullshyt.

I mean Kyrie couldn’t even make the playoffs with Luka…so why we holding it against Woods?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i can’t imagine a big that’s worth playing coming in to be a “break in case of emergency” big but i do get the health concerns with AD

Hayes is guarenteed jack shyt, so any big that comes it will automatically be competing for the backup center slot, which will become the starting center slot the moment AD gets hurt and starts missing games, at which point both "extra bigs" will need heavy minutes.

Not to mention that AD will want to play 4 as often as he can, which means even more minutes for those bigs.

Remember how critical it was to have both Dwight and JaVale for that 2020 title season? And that was a year AD was healthy all season. The Lakers NEED one more playable big, there is zero doubt about that.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I'd definitely roll the dice on Christian Wood. I remember when we got Rui, lots of people were saying he was a bust. Now Rui is a major part of our future, and one of the main reasons we went so far in the playoffs.

I think some of these guys are talented but are playing on loser teams, and don't put 100 percent effort. When you put on the purple and gold and it can change you. And make you a winner.

:russ::dead: gaddamn some of y’all arrogant as hell

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hayes is guarenteed jack shyt, so any big that comes it will automatically be competing for the backup center slot, which will become the starting center slot the moment AD gets hurt and starts missing games, at which point both "extra bigs" will need heavy minutes.

Not to mention that AD will want to play 4 as often as he can, which means even more minutes for those bigs.

Remember how critical it was to have both Dwight and JaVale for that 2020 title season? And that was a year AD was healthy all season. The Lakers NEED one more playable big, there is zero doubt about that.

I actually like Hayes potential :yeshrug:

But you are right they need another big.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lowe said on his latest podcast that the Spurs were thinking on screwing us over by giving Reaves a contract.
I heard that a few places. I'm not sure why they didn't do it or Detroit. The Pistons traded for Joe Harris immediately eating up their cap space instead of trying for Reaves.

The older I get, the more I realize most of the teams aren't run well and most executives could be replaced by any number of people and do the same job.

In a world where Jerami Grant got 5/$160; Cam Johnson got 4/$108; Tyler Herro and Jordan Poole are on 4/$120+ deals; FVV got 3/$132, etc. Reaves is easily worth 4/$98.

Getting Reaves back at 4/$56 million is like the Knicks getting Brunson at his number and by far the best signing of free agency. We watched this guy perform most of the postseason with LeBron and AD in the LA pressure cooker. He got better as the playoffs went on. Not a lot of guys can do that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I heard that a few places. I'm not sure why they didn't do it or Detroit. The Pistons traded for Joe Harris immediately eating up their cap space instead of trying for Reaves.

The older I get, the more I realize most of the teams aren't run well and most executives could be replaced by any number of people and do the same job.

In a world where Jerami Grant got 5/$160; Cam Johnson got 4/$108; Tyler Herro and Jordan Poole are on 4/$120+ deals; FVV got 3/$132, etc. Reaves is easily worth 4/$98.

Neither Detroit or San Antonio had anything to gain by "trying for Reaves". The Lakers were going to match regardless of what they did. They're not going to compete with the Lakers in the near future so "screwing over the Lakers" does little for them either.

If anything, the Spurs will be even more interested in Reeves 3 years from now, and the fact that he got screwed in this Lakers contract might make him more likely to opt out early and sign with them than if he had a big 4th year to hold onto.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Neither Detroit or San Antonio had anything to gain by "trying for Reaves". The Lakers were going to match regardless of what they did. They're not going to compete with the Lakers in the near future so "screwing over the Lakers" does little for them either.

If anything, the Spurs will be even more interested in Reeves 3 years from now, and the fact that he got screwed in this Lakers contract might make him more likely to opt out early and sign with them than if he had a big 4th year to hold onto.
It's about putting the Lakers into Apron territory, especially when we know the Buss family runs this like a poverty franchise half the time. :unimpressed:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

The Spurs franchise hates the Lakers. That's what they get out of it.