WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Lakers were incompetent before LeBron arrived, the Lakers are incompetent now, and the Lakers very well might be incompetent after he leaves.

I don’t necessarily disagree but now I’m confused— isn’t the general talking point around here that Bron has some level of control over personnel decisions?

Granted, I never bought into the whole “LeGM” narrative nikkas be tryna spin but I do think he has some influence. For one, Davis would NOT be wearing purp and gold if it weren’t for Bron. That move had a host of outcomes leading us where we are today.

In any case Jay’s point seemed to be that LeBron made the Lakers relevant again, and he’s very obviously talking about being in the hunt for a title. With LeBron, we have been in contention and it took injuries and a bad move in recruiting Westbrook to stop that.

2020- Chip
2021- AD got hurt vs Suns
2022- Bron and AD struggled with injuries, Westbrook deal
2023- WCF run
2024- Now

These past 4 years, 2 years we were contending, 1 we won, 1 we had a bad run.

That is clearly better than

2013-14 Lost First Round
2014-15 Missed Playoffs
2015-16 Missed Playoffs
2016-17 Missed Playoffs
2017-18 Missed Playoffs

Only reason we missed the playoffs in 2018-19 is because Bron got the first major injury of his career.

So yeah, I would argue that LeBron coming to LA changed the trajectory we were on, I don’t think that is arguable. We still gonna be incompetent but I’d rather win and be incompetent than be incompetent and let the Flippers run the division.

I was even OK with Sac or the Larriors but not the fukking Flippers

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
the Flippers run the division
Nothing the Lakers do can change that as the Clippers simply put are a more competently run organization top to bottom. :manny:
Bron has some level of control over personnel decisions?

Granted, I never bought into the whole “LeGM” narrative nikkas be tryna spin but I do think he has some influence. For one, Davis would NOT be wearing purp and gold if it weren’t for Bron. That move had a host of outcomes leading us where we are today.
When it's a good personnel decision its thanks to lebron. When it's a bad personnel decision the legm shyt is overblown. :manny:

I don't think not wanting to surrender your franchise to lebron and everything that comes along with it means you're not a Lakers fan.

I also think there’d be less arguing in here if people just plainly stated that they were lebron supremacists.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
It was a fluke run. They lose the play in then they face the Nuggets in the first round. They got lucky they faced the only two teams they could beat in the West in the first 2 rounds.

If they make it to the WCF this season, would it be another fluke run?

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Like we don’t remember 29 teams crying that our 15 win team had more national televised games than their team :dead: we would win once every like 12 games against an elite team and shyt on other fan bases saying that Huertas and Tarik Black had more motion than their entire team. :deadrose:

But according to JaySombrero, we were irrelevant.
Larry Nance was styling on the Warriors every damn game. :mj:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nothing the Lakers do can change that as the Clippers simply put are a more competently run organization top to bottom.

The Lakers have made it further in the playoffs than the Clippers more times since LeBron has been here. No matter how good they are ran as an org, we’ve been more successful.

That’s what I’m talking about.

When it's a good personnel decision its thanks to lebron. When it's a bad personnel decision the legm shyt is overblown. :manny:

Who you talking to? When have you ever seen me talk like this?

I support whoever is on the team. If I ever talk about making moves it’s for the betterment of the team. LeBron coming here led to good moves and bad moves.

The moment Bron leave, it’s fukk him everytime he play LAL

Lakers over everybody.

I don't think not wanting to surrender your franchise to lebron and everything that comes along with it means you're not a Lakers fan.

Again, I don’t even know where this is coming from. The closest you could say about me is that I say people that don’t like anyone that plays for LA isn’t a Lakers fan.

For all the talk about people that support a player over a team, this same criticism somehow never gets applied to Kobe stans that have hated the team since 2016. LeBron been here 6 years. At that point Bron stans are Laker fans lol

I also think there’d be less arguing in here if people just plainly stated that they were lebron supremacists

I agree but not about LeBron. This is a Kobe stan problem— they are the ones that need to self identify. If it were nothing but Bron stans here the threads would overall be positive. Because its a majority Kobe stans here, there is toxicity that surrounds discussion of the team.

I think there is one obvious Bron stan here that posts in this thread with any regularity. He knows who he is and I even argued with him a couple times.

Strangely, a neutral (me), gets labeled a Bron “stan” even though I have many posts criticizing LeBron. This is because I don’t allow people to get away with lying about LeBron, something Bayless been doing for YEARS.

That shyt irks me.

But a personality quirk of mine is I do this in all aspects of my life. I don’t take sides, I think everyone is wrong some times.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
agree but not about LeBron. This is a Kobe stan problem— they are the ones that need to self identify. If it were nothing but Bron stans here the threads would overall be positive. Because it’s a majority Kobe stans here, there is toxicity that surrounds discussion of the team.
Nahh if it was just LeBron stans in here it’d still be negative. They’d be complaining that he wasted the end of his career coming to the Lakers. That Laker fans don’t appreciate him. And about the ownership and coach

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nahh if it was just LeBron stans in here it’d still be negative. They’d be complaining that he wasted the end of his career coming to the Lakers. That Laker fans don’t appreciate him. And about the ownership and coach

Breh acts like there wasnt years of Lakers threads before Bron came. Like we were incapable of talking about lakers basketball until the Bron fans came :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I'm on many boards and forums, from reddit to twitter to insidehoops.

This board is by far the most toxic whenever LeBron comes up. At least on Twitter, the bots and stans are VERY easy to identify.

On r/Lakers, we can just have a normal ass discussion about the team and the anti-LeBron trolls are at the bottom where they belong.

Last edited:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm on many boards and forums, from reddit to twitter to insidehoops.

This board is by far the most toxic whenever LeBron comes up. At least on Twitter, the bots and stans are VERY easy to identify.

On r/Lakers, we can just have a normal ass discussion about the team and the anti-LeBron trolls are at the bottom where they belong.

Yeah we know you feel most comfortable with a bunch of nerdy cacs. Go back to Reddit better yet go to LakersGround clown.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the funny thing is calling us "Kobe stans" in a Lakers thread like we haven't supported the team for nearly a decade since his retirement. it's the same thing as Heat fans staying and supporting the team after Wade left. but Bron stans have no idea what it's like to support a team even after their favorite players departure which is why it's such a foreign concept. they can't understand how you can be a fan of a team and have a favorite player at the same time. what's creepier is that they are the ones that insist on bringing up Kobe because they think if you dislike Lebron, you're automatically a Kobe fan when in reality we dislike the individualistic agenda he brings to every team he's on.