WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If I'm the coach of the Lakers, my lineups look like this:

First Unit

D'Lo
Cam
Bron
Vando
AD

This unit builds a lead, prevents the other team from scoring.

Second Unit

Reaves
Bron
Rui
Wood
Hayes

Energy, pick and roll offense. Maintains the lead, probably gives up some defensive lapses.

Third Unit

Reaves
Christie
Cam/(Bron last 2-4 minutes of half)
Wood
AD

Back to solid mix of defense and scoring, but specifically size. Depending on the events in game, this takes me to halftime.

Closing Unit:

Reaves/D'Lo (depending on who is balling that night, but I prefer Reaves)
Bron
Cam/Vando/Rui
Vando/Cam
AD

This is the best lineup the Lakers have. If the Lakers are winning the game comfortably, take Vando out, insert Rui. You still have size, rebounding and the ability to score with Rui. If the game is tight, CAM AND VANDO HAVE TO BE IN AT THE SAME TIME. Cam and Vando both give you defensive options against offensive players, and Vando specifically is a shot blocker and offensive and defensive rebounder. That is invaluable in a tight game.

The only time Prince sees action in my rotations is if we have an injury or illness.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
If I'm the coach of the Lakers, my lineups look like this:

First Unit

D'Lo
Cam
Bron
Vando
AD

This unit builds a lead, prevents the other team from scoring.

Second Unit

Reaves
Bron
Rui
Wood
Hayes

Energy, pick and roll offense. Maintains the lead, probably gives up some defensive lapses.

Third Unit

Reaves
Christie
Cam/(Bron last 2-4 minutes of half)
Wood
AD

Back to solid mix of defense and scoring, but specifically size. Depending on the events in game, this takes me to halftime.

Closing Unit:

Reaves/D'Lo (depending on who is balling that night, but I prefer Reaves)
Bron
Cam/Vando/Rui
Vando/Cam
AD

This is the best lineup the Lakers have. If the Lakers are winning the game comfortably, take Vando out, insert Rui. You still have size, rebounding and the ability to score with Rui. If the game is tight, CAM AND VANDO HAVE TO BE IN AT THE SAME TIME. Cam and Vando both give you defensive options against offensive players, and Vando specifically is a shot blocker and offensive and defensive rebounder. That is invaluable in a tight game.

The only time Prince sees action in my rotations is if we have an injury or illness.
First unit works..

Only if DLO shoots it well enough. I just hate that Reddish isnt a consistent shooter. Reddish lack of consistent jumper is why they start Prince instead of Vando.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
First unit works..

Only if DLO shoots it well enough. I just hate that Reddish isnt a consistent shooter.

What I've been seeing the past couple games is that Reddish is being out of position, especially the lineups where he's in at the same time as Hayes.

In certain Lakers sets, Hayes ends up in the corner, and that's where Reddish is supposed to be. Reddish somehow ends up at the top-right or top-left of the perimeter, and he shoots a really bad percentage from that area.

This ends up with LeBron passing to Hayes in the corner because that's where Reddish is supposed to be, and then Hayes has to give the ball up because he's not a shooter. It's uncanny when you see it.

They need to run sets where Cam is running along the baseline all game, similar to what Steph does. Then he'll get to his spot where he shoots a PJ Tucker-like percentage from the right corner.

Screenshot-807.png

Last edited:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Too bad we couldn't get CP3. A veteran pg would greatly help out, especially for the second unit. The offense stalls too much and Austin as good as he plays isn't a pg.
Ewww
:scusthov: CP3 is making 30 million, never won a thing, controls the ball more than anyone, and is more injury prone than AD. That would've been a disaster. No thank you.

FireFatMike

Get him outta here!!!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Ewww
:scusthov: CP3 is making 30 million, never won a thing, controls the ball more than anyone, and is more injury prone than AD. That would've been a disaster. No thank you.

Any vet pg would help us. You think Minnesota would take Dlo back for Conley.:jbhmm:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Any vet pg would help us. You think Minnesota would take Dlo back for Conley.:jbhmm:
I like Conley (not necessarily for Dlo). Lowery would have been good. Schroeder would've been perfect. We could use another defensive big too low key. Not like there's plenty of those to go around though.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
This is really what we're missing-- a SOLID guard that will just be consistent every night.

I'm a defensive minded guy, as that was my specialty when I hooped. So I love guys like Cam and Vando, and it's why I was really big on Schroder when he was here. Anybody can shoot, but not everyone can play defense in this hyper offensive NBA, so those guys are incredibly valuable. You see just how differently Vanderbilt makes this team look and feel, and he doesn't score at all.

So in my view, this is why we need to get Caruso back, by any means. He's a great guard defender with size, good instincts, athleticism and can score when needed. He's a PERFECT fit for this Lakers team as constructed.

Who are you trading for him? I'd say Prince and another piece to make the money match. But i have no idea who would be the other "piece" nobody else salary that even makes sense to combine to match Caruso's 9 mil salary.

That's why the Lakers need to rope him into a larger deal with either Lavine or Derozan because they literally don't have the salary to match Caruso's by himself.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Who are you trading for him? I'd say Prince and another piece to make the money match. But i have no idea who would be the other "piece" nobody else salary that even makes sense to combine to match Caruso's 9 mil salary.

That's why the Lakers need to rope him into a larger deal with either Lavine or Derozan because they literally don't have the salary to match Caruso's by himself.

Yeah, I agree, that he may need to come in with other players, specifically Derozan. Levine+Caruso is far too much money- Zach is on a max contract. That would be Westbrook all over again.

So I'm thinking Derozan+Caruso for D'Lo (who I really don't want to let go, but business is business), Prince, Vincent and maybe some draft consideration.

The Bulls don't want to trade Caruso though, from what I'm seeing on Twitter a few minutes ago. They said something like their management doesn't want to let him go.

Here's the tweet, found it:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
No team that's serious about winning should ever consider trading away Caruso. He is one of the few winning players in the league.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
No team that's serious about winning should ever consider trading away Caruso. He is one of the few winning players in the league.
Are the Bulls serious about winning?

I don't think the Lakers will get him anyway, but still :mjlol:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I don't disagree.

But the Bulls are cleaning house right now, and Caruso is NOT a player to build around. He is the player you use to build around a star core. An above average role player.

I guess the question is, are they willing to cling to Caruso even though Lavine is not fetching a high value at the moment? I don't see ANY premiere players wanting to go to Chicago...

To me, it seems like the Lakers are the ones with leverage, but then again, I'm just a hoop fan, and that's why I'm not in these positions to make decisions :manny: