WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Too bad we couldn't get CP3. A veteran pg would greatly help out, especially for the second unit. The offense stalls too much and Austin as good as he plays isn't a pg.
John Wall :blessed:

Nah but they need at least a situational guard that can handle the ball and pass.
Some games Reaves handle is too loose and you gotta protect Bron from wearing himself down with too much much ball handling.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The fact that Dlo and Rui aren’t in the crunch time rotation is very telling. I mean it’s obvious with Dlo but it’s looking more and more like Rui is the odd man out. Sad cause I like Rui but he’s never been a Ham guy and he’ll continue to have his mins janked around as long as Ham is the coach..

It's crazy because Rui was so good in the playoffs until Ham started to mess with his minutes.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I kill Darvin, and hated it when I saw Prince out there... but then I had to sit there and think, who are the other options against this Suns team? There is no perfect guy and you give up something no matter who you choose

I've been a proponent of Max all year. We went up against Booker and Durant-- you need defense against those guys. It's gonna become glaring when/if Beal comes back and we have to face these cats again in the Playoffs. I will take Max in that situation and live with the results.

I want three defense-first guys on the floor in the closing minutes. That's Vando, Reddish and Davis. Bron and Reaves give you flexibility with scoring, and Davis is also a safe-ish option scoring wise. Prince served absolutely zero utility out there.

He was -12 (the worst on the team), missed open layups, couldn't stay with Durant all game, and gave us 5 points (2 of those were off a LeBron dime in the first half) on 2-6 shooting, went 1 for 2 at the free throw line, had THREE OF OUR NINE turnovers and somehow did all of that in 26 minutes.

Where the fukk is he the best option in this case???????????

No matter how you look at this, Prince was the WRONG decision this game, and it nearly cost us. Durant cooked him all night. Literally anyone would have been better.

:francis:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I've been a proponent of Max all year. We went up against Booker and Durant-- you need defense against those guys. It's gonna become glaring when/if Beal comes back and we have to face these cats again in the Playoffs. I will take Max in that situation and live with the results.

I want three defense-first guys on the floor in the closing minutes. That's Vando, Reddish and Davis. Bron and Reaves give you flexibility with scoring, and Davis is also a safe-ish option scoring wise. Prince served absolutely zero utility out there.

He was -12 (the worst on the team), missed open layups, couldn't stay with Durant all game, and gave us 5 points (2 of those were off a LeBron dime in the first half) on 2-6 shooting, went 1 for 2 at the free throw line, had THREE OF OUR NINE turnovers and somehow did all of that in 26 minutes.

Where the fukk is he the best option in this case???????????

No matter how you look at this, Prince was the WRONG decision this game, and it nearly cost us. Durant cooked him all night. Literally anyone would have been better.

:francis:
The argument is between him and Max at this point... and I can't fully trust Max in a "playoff situation" like atmosphere. So the only other alternative is Prince

I don't like it, but because DLO can't be on the floor they are limited in who they can use. I don't give it to Max yet... maybe later in the year he can earn that, but no way has Max earned that yet. Hell Reddish hasn't earned that right yet and he's vastly outplayed Max (actually Reddish has earned that right, but it's matchup dependent)

Last edited:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The argument is between him and Max at this point... and I can't fully trust Max in a "playoff situation" like atmosphere. So the only other alternative is Prince

Respectfully, I disagree.

To be clear (or rather clarify my point), I'm not saying Vando should be on the floor in all instances. It certainly depends on the situation: if the Lakers are blowing a team out or have a healthy lead, take Vando off the floor, so they can't implement Hack-A-Vando. Kerr did this last year if memory serves.

In a close game where you have two offensive juggernauts like Booker and Durant, I want Vando and Reddish on the floor. They have proven they both can guard the opposing team's best offensive players. Vando has put Curry, Booker and Durant in PRISON. Cam is slightly less effective, but clearly our second best POA defender.

As far as Max is concerned, I would have preferred him last night over Prince. But we are forgetting that Wood got a DNP last night. He would have been a better offensive and defensive option than Prince. He gives you rebounding, shot blocking and scoring, and Prince "supposedly" gives you only one of those.

I don't like it, but because DLO can't be on the floor they are limited in who they can use

I agree. He and Reaves are currently fighting it out to see who our third best player is. They literally go back and forth; games where D'Lo got it going, Reaves is stinking it up. When Reaves got it going (like last night) D'Lo giving us 8 points on 3-11 shooting. They're both streaky, but I think I trust Reaves more.

But I'm just glad we can have this conversation in the first place. Depth is a thing we haven't had in a long, long time.

:blessed: Lake Show

FireFatMike

Get him outta here!!!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Our defense is great. The only issue I have is on the perimeter we tend to over help, leaving shooters too open. That was the primary reason we lost the Dallas game.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Our defense is great. The only issue I have is on the perimeter we tend to over help, leaving shooters too open. That was the primary reason we lost the Dallas game.
The overhelping is by design

Same with funneling guys to AD. Darvin Hams scheme will welcome certain 3 pt shots, and I don't love the scheme in today's modern NBA but it can be effective at times

FireFatMike

Get him outta here!!!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The overhelping is by design

Same with funneling guys to AD. Darvin Hams scheme will welcome certain 3 pt shots, and I don't love the scheme in today's modern NBA but it can be effective at times

I hear you but we can't have the Grayson Allens of the world going off on us. All any decent shooter need is rhythm.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Question is who has a veteran pg we can get? Kyle Lowry would've been perfect.

This is really what we're missing-- a SOLID guard that will just be consistent every night.

I'm a defensive minded guy, as that was my specialty when I hooped. So I love guys like Cam and Vando, and it's why I was really big on Schroder when he was here. Anybody can shoot, but not everyone can play defense in this hyper offensive NBA, so those guys are incredibly valuable. You see just how differently Vanderbilt makes this team look and feel, and he doesn't score at all.

So in my view, this is why we need to get Caruso back, by any means. He's a great guard defender with size, good instincts, athleticism and can score when needed. He's a PERFECT fit for this Lakers team as constructed.