WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I wouldn’t call being the 6th highest paid coach out of 30 other coaches a lowball when you are coming in with zero NBA history. Everyone above him outside of Monty has won a championship as a NBA coach. Some have won multiple. There is only one team from that top 5 already regretting the offer. That is way too big of a risk honestly unless you know what the coach is capable of in the league.
But when you're trying to lure the top college basketball coach away from a perfect situation, you need to go the extra mile and pay up. He wasn't dying to get into the NBA but when the Lakers come calling, you listen. They didn't want to pay him to walk away from a situation where he essentially has a job for life to come to a pressure cooker where he'll be getting questioned as soon as they go on a three game losing streak.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Wade ain’t apart of that leadership team? Because he was the one rumored to tell Lebron no abo it wanting Riley as. Coach because Riley was old school and a rough coach during practice and the off time.
he mentioned in a podcast that he didn’t know if Bron was prepared for that type of coach since he hadn’t experienced it.. we’ll never know how that team would have responded to that type of coach. But it took even Spo a year to adjust and be better

Wade, Bosh, Haslem all involved with that leadership team for sure.. it wasn’t a 1v1 convo with Riley and Bron is what I was saying

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
guy just accepted a $50M offer and cac cornball media is having a breakdown over "cheapness" to ignore the fact Hurley most likely just didnt want to deal with the bullshyt. He'll eventually go to the NBA for an offer similar to ours to a better more stable situation. It's not like he's really gonna 3 peat next year.
He reportedly turned down 12mil a year from Kentucky just this past year… of course it’s cheap to offer essentially the same thing he just turned down

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
If Dan said gimme 6/85 and the Lakers balked then that's a problem, but I don't know if that actually happened
Pretty sure that should have been the floor was 6/85-90

Optics look terrible after it was talked about “crazy substantial offer that no other Lakers coach has gotten!!”… only to barely be above coach Bud in Phoenix

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Crazy how the number 1 franchise in basketball can't find a coach cuz the reputation ownership and management have built over the past decade :mjlol:

Even throwing the bag didn't work
You’re right, it was ownership and management ignoring Russ on the bench, not AD and Bron, while allowing him to take all the media bullets.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Why people upset about the Hurley offer? It would be his first time coaching in the NBA, that shyt was more than enough.

What I'm more worried about is how Pelinka gonna fill in the roster for next season. I feel that any coach available would be a upgrade from Darvin Ham, even JJ Reddik, so not that big of a concern for me. :yeshrug:.