WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I will never understand the cheap allegations when the team is constantly on top of the payroll and pays luxury tax, they need to look around the league to see what’s really cheap. Blame them for their incompetence and bad decisions. Offering a top 4 contract is not cheap

Recently built a top tier practice facility too. It's just a lazy, easy cop out because the Buss family aren't mega billionaires and dudes wanna seem objective so they be thirsty not to blame the Klutch BS.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Pop, Spo, Kerr, Monty would be making more… I think 1 more actually
Yes the Kerr extension but it’s only 2 years and Kerr has earned it. Monty is the only one off from that list and pistons are regretting it year one. You don’t want lakers to be in a position where it ends up like Monty. They honestly might just need another transition coach because team with LeBron and team after LeBron will be different.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i will agree with you there, that is why I was uncomfortable with how public this all was but seems like all that came from the other side, they still should have tried to get in control of that. I don’t think offering a top 4 paid contract is bad especially for a guy who can be a risk. Pop, Spo and Monty are the only ones making more. The first two deserve that.

You're forgetting Kerr. Our offer would've made Hurley the 5th highest paid coach

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Yes the Kerr extension but it’s only 2 years and Kerr has earned it. Monty is the only one off from that list and pistons are regretting it year one. You don’t want lakers to be in a position where it ends up like Monty. They honestly might just need another transition coach because team with LeBron and team after LeBron will be different.

they gotta do what they did with kobe when they hired Byron. Put a coach in place specifically to see out the rest of the Bron era and when he's done just start completely over.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Offering a top 4 contract probably would have gotten Hurley.. they didn’t offer him that tho

Top 4 would be 14mil+ a year
The list I looked at didn’t have Kerr and Lue extensions, so still a top 6 I guess. Kerr is on a two year deal so I’m gonna just ignore that

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
The list I looked at didn’t have Kerr and Lue extensions, so still a top 6 I guess. Kerr is on a two year deal so I’m gonna just ignore that
Kinda points to it being a lowball.. it wasn’t just an investment for the current team, but one for the future

You go all in on a guy for the present and future, and only offer him the 6th best contract?

It’s embarrassing honestly

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
they gotta do what they did with kobe when they hired Byron. Put a coach in place specifically to see out the rest of the Bron era and when he's done just start completely over.
I agree, they are trying to play two sides here when they don’t know their future. They have zero idea if AD will stick around for the rebuilding phase. The team is most likely going to be at the bottom after LeBron especially when you look at the west. I don’t see AD wanting his last few years on that.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s not what happened.. Riley has out of his own mouth stated Bron never said that

The entire leadership team met with Riley, and they came there partly because of his vision. He already came down from the FO in 06, so after the rough start from a 1st yr HC it’s 1000% a conversation to one of the best coaches of all time to say “you ever get that itch to coach again?”
Wade ain’t apart of that leadership team? Because he was the one rumored to tell Lebron no abo it wanting Riley as. Coach because Riley was old school and a rough coach during practice and the off time.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Kinda points to it being a lowball.. it wasn’t just an investment for the current team, but one for the future

You go all in on a guy for the present and future, and only offer him the 6th best contract?

It’s embarrassing honestly
I wouldn’t call being the 6th highest paid coach out of 30 other coaches a lowball when you are coming in with zero NBA history. Everyone above him outside of Monty has won a championship as a NBA coach. Some have won multiple. There is only one team from that top 5 already regretting the offer. That is way too big of a risk honestly unless you know what the coach is capable of in the league.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t call being the 6th highest paid coach out of 30 other coaches a lowball when you are coming in with zero NBA history. Everyone above him outside of Monty has won a championship as a NBA coach. Some have won multiple. There is only one team from that top 5 already regretting the offer. That is way too big of a risk honestly unless you know what the coach is capable of in the league.
I think we both just view it differently, you’re not wrong in your thinking and what you’re saying I generally agree with.. I just think you have to make that big of an offer to Hurley because of optics and the fact you essentially NEED to hire them or at least give a good offer for the PR battle

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

guy just accepted a $50M offer and cac cornball media is having a breakdown over "cheapness" to ignore the fact Hurley most likely just didnt want to deal with the bullshyt. He'll eventually go to the NBA for an offer similar to ours to a better more stable situation. It's not like he's really gonna 3 peat next year.