WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
It doesn't sound like a stupid decision at all unless you foolishly believed we stood a chance against the Nuggets. If winning one game in the playoffs satisfies your "we made the playoffs" stance cool. And that is normally how you can tell an old Laker fan from the new ones. In the grand scheme of things we essentially didn't even participate in the playoffs, wouldn't even deserve a participation trophy. I would have much preferred taking the route that would have at least possibly gotten us to the WCF. We were dead men walking playing the Nuggets in the first round.
Facts. A lot of these dudes don't think strategically.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Lakers had no choice but to win first play-in game, you don't do crap like losing on purpose and winning next game to get an easier opponent. Too risky, then what if you fail? No playoffs at all.

Only chance for Lakers to go far in the playoffs was if they won several more games and finished 5th place to play peg leg clippers who never have him for the playoffs. Then hoping OKC inexperience would cost them few games next round.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Lakers had no choice but to win first play-in game, you don't do crap like losing on purpose and winning next game to get an easier opponent. Too risky, then what if you fail? No playoffs at all.
Guaranteed lost in the first round or a very good chance to go to the WCF. Sounds like an easy decision to me.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
They hadn’t beaten the Kings all year.. you’re hoping for them to beat them when you don’t even need to that happen

Do y’all not remember how those kings games went?
Would rather take my chance with the Kings than face the Nuggets for a guaranteed first round out.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Guaranteed lost in the first round or a very good chance to go to the WCF. Sounds like an easy decision to me.

Dallas probably has the best collection of role players in the entire playoffs. I'm not confident we would have beaten them at all.

Vando and Wood wouldn't have been themselves... and of course the D'lo issue :francis:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Dallas probably has the best collection of role players in the entire playoffs. I'm not confident we would have beaten them at all.

Vando and Wood wouldn't have been themselves... and of course the D'lo issue :francis:
I would give us a 35% chance of beating them.

I would go like this.

80% chance vs OKC
35% chance vs Dallas
15% chance vs Minny.

Vs 0% chance against the Nuggets.