WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Believe the Lakers were the biggest threat to the Nuggets brehs. Convince yourself the earlier we played them the better brehs.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Believe the Lakers were the biggest threat to the Nuggets brehs. Convince yourself the earlier we played them the better brehs.
I’m confused what you wanted the alternative to be…. Lose to the Pelicans on purpose and potentially lose to the Kings who they haven’t beaten all year?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I’m confused what you wanted the alternative to be…. Lose to the Pelicans on purpose and potentially lose to the Kings who they haven’t beaten all year?
I'm sure you felt taking on the team we hadn't beaten in 20 games, in a series we would need to win 4 games was the better option. :camby:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure you felt taking on the team we hadn't beaten in 20 games, in a series we would need to win 4 games was the better option. :camby:
Given the option of losing to the Pelicans on purpose vs winning on purpose… yeah I would choose winning

But you’re not answering the question… what was the alternative in your mind?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Given the option of losing to the Pelicans on purpose vs winning on purpose… yeah I would choose winning

But you’re not answering the question… what was the alternative in your mind?
Avoiding the Nuggets at all cost was the alternative. You do realize there is virtually no difference between losing to the Nuggets(who we had no chance against) or Kings at that point anyway. So I'll take my chances vs the Kings in a big game and avoiding a team that owns us in the playoffs in the 1st Rd. And if we lost that game to the Kings :yeshrug:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Avoiding the Nuggets at all cost was the alternative. You do realize there is virtually no difference between losing to the Nuggets(who we had no chance against) or Kings at that point anyway. So I'll take my chances vs the Kings in a big game and avoiding a team that owns us in the playoffs in the 1st Rd. And if we lost that game to the Kings :yeshrug:
So you’d rather potentially not even make the playoffs in a 1 off game (I already know a poster like yourself would be going crazy over them making that choice) compared to stamping your ticket and having 4+ guaranteed?

Sounds like a stupid decision

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
That was clearly the best case scenario.

Lose the first play in -> win the second play in game -> face OKC in the first round -> face Dallas in the second round -> face Minny in the WCF

Thats the exact scenario I was hoping for. But you had posters like @ALonelyDad calling me crazy for wanting us to intentionally lose the first play in game to avoid the only team that would beast us 100% of the time. :yeshrug:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
So you’d rather potentially not even make the playoffs in a 1 off game (I already know a poster like yourself would be going crazy over them making that choice) compared to stamping your ticket and having 4+ guaranteed?

It doesn't sound like a stupid decision at all unless you foolishly believed we stood a chance against the Nuggets. If winning one game in the playoffs satisfies your "we made the playoffs" stance cool. And that is normally how you can tell an old Laker fan from the new ones. In the grand scheme of things we essentially didn't even participate in the playoffs, wouldn't even deserve a participation trophy. I would have much preferred taking the route that would have at least possibly gotten us to the WCF. We were dead men walking playing the Nuggets in the first round.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

That's the only scenario that made any type of sense if you wanted to advance.