WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
We may even be able to get that slut Kuzma back for the low low

the way this dude dikkrides the Lakers and Bron on twitter is telling. Imagine we had him instead of Vando who was unplayable the last 2 series

I hadn’t thought of that, Thotma woulda been WAY better than Vando in hindsight. I would definitely jump on that deal if he wanted to come back for the lowski. shyt, it Lonzo wasn’t the point guard version of peg leg I’d get him bike too.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think for as bad as his jumper was he was still worth keeping cuz given his rate of improvement he was bound to get better. Even if he didn’t, we did a poor job of replacing his defensive production which is why I believe Christie needs to get priority minutes in order to develop into that player.
Reaves shooting would help alleviate Caruso's lack of shooting.

The thing that realy stood out about the Nuggets series (I rewatched the games since). We had nobody willing to do the dirty stuff. Reaves could do it, but we desperately needed his offense. Caruso would have done that. And it wasnt like the Phoneix series cause at least AD was the floor. Caruso's only problem is when we needed him to score. That wouldnt have been as much of an issue if he's not food to Bruce Brown like DLO was.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but interesting to think about.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

The thing that realy stood out about the Nuggets series (I rewatched the games since). We had nobody willing to do the dirty stuff. Reaves could do it, but we desperately needed his offense. Caruso would have done that. And it wasnt like the Phoneix series cause at least AD was the floor. Caruso's only problem is when we needed him to score. That wouldnt have been as much of an issue if he's not food to Bruce Brown like DLO was.

It is, Caruso, KCP, and Thotma instead of Beasley, TBJ, and Vando on this team would’ve made a world of difference in hindsight. We still could’ve gotten Rui and Reaves still would’ve been an undrafted pickup.

That’s why GMs get paid so much (even tho in this instance it most likely wasn’t the GM’s fault alone)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It is, Caruso, KCP, and Thotma instead of Beasley, TBJ, and Vando on this team would’ve made a world of difference in hindsight. We still could’ve gotten Rui and Reaves still would’ve been an undrafted pickup.

That’s why GMs get paid so much (even tho in this instance it most likely wasn’t the GM’s fault alone)
I just think Bron got shook of Brooklyn. Determined to form his own Big 3 even after Dame said no. Backfired big time.

Its kinda crazy to think what these last two years would have been if they just ran it back. Then again it seemed like Brooklyn was winning the next 2 championships. So much for on paper.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ham did the exact thing Spo did, putting your best defender on him. Unfortunately our best defender can't play the other end, and Murray was cooking him regardless.

Could have tried more looks. Brown, Walker, Christie...not because I think they're some great Murray stoppers but at least their legs were fresh and they couldn't have done any worse.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I hadn’t thought of that, Thotma woulda been WAY better than Vando in hindsight. I would definitely jump on that deal if he wanted to come back for the lowski. shyt, it Lonzo wasn’t the point guard version of peg leg I’d get him bike too.

Having any faith in Kuzma still is crazy to me. All Kuzma would have done would be to block Rui's emergence.

Caruso and KCP were definitely worth keeping. Problem was they played so horrifically in that 2021 series against Phoenix, I think management just downplayed their loss. KCP averaged 6.2 points and 1.0 assists on 37.9% shooting (21.1% threes). Caruso averaged 5.8 points and 0.5 assists on 36.8% shooting (29.4% threes). And they both were doing nothing to slow down Booker or Payne at all.

Letting Carsuso go for nothing was such a cheap-team move though.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was wondering, how many people think that role players underperforming for LA has to do with pressure issues?

It seems to come and go. In the late 1990s there were some famously terrible performances by the non-superstars. Then in the early 2000s, they had great games. Mid/late 2000s were up and down, then early 2010s were really bad. Role players were great in the bubble with fewer fans/media, then horrific against the Suns in first series after the bubble. This year Reaves, Rui, and Walker balled out in the playoffs, while D-Lo, Schroeder, Vandy, Brown, and Beasley were pretty bad. And then of course is the AD quandry.

Is that all just random variance? Or do certain kinds of players struggle in LA's bright lights, especially when the Bron-attached cameras are all on them too?

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

Damn if Ham didn't focus on doubling Joker so much...

Damn so simple but genius. Bruce Brown and KCP killed the Lakers the last series.…along with the great Jamal Murray. Now they ain’t getting shyt. Jokic can get an efficient 40 but it ain’t enough.

Tbf tho the Lakers didn’t have the personnel to check Murray then go back at him on the other end. Jimmy Butler is on his ass every second of the game…

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I was wondering, how many people think that role players underperforming for LA has to do with pressure issues?

It seems to come and go. In the late 1990s there were some famously terrible performances by the non-superstars. Then in the early 2000s, they had great games. Mid/late 2000s were up and down, then early 2010s were really bad. Role players were great in the bubble with fewer fans/media, then horrific against the Suns in first series after the bubble. This year Reaves, Rui, and Walker balled out in the playoffs, while D-Lo, Schroeder, Vandy, Brown, and Beasley were pretty bad. And then of course is the AD quandry.

Is that all just random variance? Or do certain kinds of players struggle in LA's bright lights, especially when the Bron-attached cameras are all on them too?
If lebron didn’t play like an idiot in the 4th quarters they’d win couple of games and even the series.