WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If AD misses essentially 2+ games against the Grizzlies we dont make it out of the 1st round either. :dahell:

But he didn’t

:lolbron:

But then again this years team is nothing special either but that has less to do with Rob and more with how unreliable our top 2 players are. We play Denver in the first round and there would be no one here talking that run it back bullshyt

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Man we really had Jamal Murray ascending to SSJ2 back from 2020 form to put a stop to our crazy ass season that would’ve ended in a ring if not for him, and Jokic.
We was so close yet so far(that sweep put us on a rocketship straight to cancun)

:to:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Man we really had Jamal Murray ascending to SSJ2 back from 2020 form to put a stop to our crazy ass season that would’ve ended in a ring if not for him, and Jokic.
We was so close yet so far(that sweep put us on a rocketship straight to cancun)

Bron healthy and Dlo ddint have an abysmal series we would have crushed Miami. I trust Pelinka will retool us this offseason.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

The problem is he’ll do that every time if there’s nobody else to make him work on defense. To beat Denver you gonna have to have both Jokic and Murray working on defense. AD couldn’t consistently do it but he was always a threat for Jokic.

On the other hand there was nobody even a remote threat for Murray to guard…he got to freelance on defense and was fresh on offense.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem is he’ll do that every time if there’s nobody else to make him work on defense. To beat Denver you gonna have to have both Jokic and Murray working on defense. AD couldn’t consistently do it but he was always a threat for Jokic.

On the other hand there was nobody even a remote threat for Murray to guard…he got to freelance on defense and was fresh on offense.

Exactly. It was predictable and I don't know why anyone finds it surprising or think he played out of his mind. I can't recall the last championship team that didn't have a wing stopper. We didn't have any and it cost us. The two series that we won had teams that had no elite wing threat so we were able to survive. All year we've been getting cooked by the elite wings so we should have known what was going to happen. Those guys are rarely available in free agency so our best bet is to play Max Christie a whole bunch of mins and hope that it pays off.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. It was predictable and I don't know why anyone finds it surprising or think he played out of his mind. I can't recall the last championship team that didn't have a wing stopper. We didn't have any and it cost us. The two series that we won had teams that had no elite wing threat so we were able to survive. All year we've been getting cooked by the elite wings so we should have known what was going to happen. Those guys are rarely available in free agency so our best bet is to play Max Christie a whole bunch of mins and hope that it pays off.

The man is on a crazy run(June 1st stats was still at halftime not the entire game)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I told @Regular_P that the one downside to the Russ trade was acquiring Beasley and officially putting Christie out of the rotation. He may not have been able to stop Murray. However he had the best length/athleticism combination while being a viable scoring threat from 3. Even if he didnt help the Lakers win he still would have got so much valuable experience.

While its easy to hope for some level of Reaves like improvement. I dont know if its guaranteed cause Reaves still got lots of run his rookie year to help him grow into the player he is today.

And I hate to say it, but the loss of KCP/Caruso in the same offseason still lingers.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I told @Regular_P that the one downside to the Russ trade was acquiring Beasley and officially putting Christie out of the rotation. He may not have been able to stop Murray. However he had the best length/athleticism combination while being a viable scoring threat from 3. Even if he didnt help the Lakers win he still would have got so much valuable experience.

While its easy to hope for some level of Reaves like improvement. I dont know if its guaranteed cause Reaves still got lots of run his rookie year to help him grow into the player he is today.

And I hate to say it, but the loss of KCP/Caruso in the same offseason still lingers.

I'm not even that big of a Caruso fan and think he's overrated but I think if we had him for the series, we win. All we needed was one person to make Jamal feel uncomfortable. It was way too easy for him.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It should be imperative that Christie get minutes so we can see what we have with him. Unless we come up on a real 3/D player he needs to get priority minutes.

I know we be joking about it but in all seriousness there needs to be a resolution to our issue with shooters. Is it the lighting in Staples? Do we have an ancient Indian curse on the team via Phil? Is LeBron/Kobe too intimidating to be around? (We had this same issue during the Kobe era for all the Bron Stans wondering) in all seriousness I’m sick and tired of always getting a supposedly great shooter and they turn into trash. And I ain’t tryna hear no LA excuses cuz capset hoarded every 3-D wing out there and they be hittin shots. fukk goin on here? :dahell:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm not even that big of a Caruso fan and think he's overrated but I think if we had him for the series, we win. All we needed was one person to make Jamal feel uncomfortable. It was way too easy for him.

I think for as bad as his jumper was he was still worth keeping cuz given his rate of improvement he was bound to get better. Even if he didn’t, we did a poor job of replacing his defensive production which is why I believe Christie needs to get priority minutes in order to develop into that player.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
It should be imperative that Christie get minutes so we can see what we have with him. Unless we come up on a real 3/D player he needs to get priority minutes.

I know we be joking about it but in all seriousness there needs to be a resolution to our issue with shooters. Is it the lighting in Staples? Do we have an ancient Indian curse on the team via Phil? Is LeBron/Kobe too intimidating to be around? (We had this same issue during the Kobe era for all the Bron Stans wondering) in all seriousness I’m sick and tired of always getting a supposedly great shooter and they turn into trash. And I ain’t tryna hear no LA excuses cuz capset hoarded every 3-D wing out there and they be hittin shots. fukk goin on here? :dahell:
I say curse and/or nikkas turning into mental midgets cuz of playing with Bron/Kobe

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think for as bad as his jumper was he was still worth keeping cuz given his rate of improvement he was bound to get better. Even if he didn’t, we did a poor job of replacing his defensive production which is why I believe Christie needs to get priority minutes in order to develop into that player.

A part of me is biased against Caruso cause the way he got cooked in that Suns series against Cam Payne rubbed me the wrong way nh

:picard:

But I would love to get him back if it's possible. I took him for granted.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
A part of me is biased against Caruso cause the way he got cooked in that Suns series against Cam Payne rubbed me the wrong way nh

:picard:

But I would love to get him back if it's possible. I took him for granted.

I think we all were discouraged. That was one of our best defenders gettin cooked by Cameron fukkin Payne shyt was disgusting. AND he couldn’t be any shots at all. Still, I was disappointed we let him go but I also understood the logic because of the premium pricing but we did a horrible job of replacing him. That or I think we thought the team only need to fill a “skilled cac” quota and forgot about perimeter defense.

Would be great if he came back and I’m sure he’s sick of Chicago but feels like a long shot now with our guys being due a bag.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think we all were discouraged. That was one of our best defenders gettin cooked by Cameron fukkin Payne shyt was disgusting. AND he couldn’t be any shots at all. Still, I was disappointed we let him go but I also understood the logic because of the premium pricing but we did a horrible job of replacing him. That or I think we thought the team only need to fill a “skilled cac” quota and forgot about perimeter defense.

Would be great if he came back and I’m sure he’s sick of Chicago but feels like a long shot now with our guys being due a bag.

We may even be able to get that slut Kuzma back for the low low

the way this dude dikkrides the Lakers and Bron on twitter is telling. Imagine we had him instead of Vando who was unplayable the last 2 series