Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you forming an opinion if youre not up to date on current info?

Anyway, he did nothing to attempt to mitigate racism on campus after reported racist incidents such as: feces swastika, students being called ******, cotton balls being placed around the black culture center and black students expressing that they didnt feel safe on campus

President Ono at the University of Cincinnati is a good example of what the president should have done. President Ono called for officer tensing's resign and openly stated that he stood with the irate 8 and increased diversity on campus. If Missouri's president would have said something as simple as racism will not be tolerated on campus blah blah, then he probably wouldnt have been fired tbh

Were these incidents reported to the president and he refused to address them? I'm just saying, it's a large school and maybe it didn't make it to his office. Does he have a history of racial insensitivity?

Protesters usually try to set up meetings before going the resignation route. I understand they tried to approach him at homecoming, but was this the right venue? Look i'm not trying to defend the guy, but I do want to be fair in my condemnation.

This story is not making total sense to me.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"Race card" :stopitslime:
These dumbass pasties done basically signed off on race fun passes at this point
Go on Mr.Charlie
You keep fukkin up
We'll just keep shuttin you down :lolbron:

I read the article. Stephen didn't use the phrase "race card'. The guy put that in the headline to get controversy and views.

In any case Stephen A is still a c00n. We Black people criticize each other all the time, we aren't above criticism, but time and time again this clown breaks the "code" and seems to love criticizing us in FRONT OF other White people. Not one or two scattered in a crowd but always when an entire group is around him. The biggest Uncle Toms do not do that...

He needs to cut that shyt out. shyt....Jason Whitlock doesn't even do that and when Jason Whitlock doesn't do something that then you know you a big c00n

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What up Coli, as most of you know. I have some prolific views on race related issues. I rarely use terms like CAC because using it all Willy Nilly is just life throwing around the term ****** or maybe a little closer to he word "c00n". My point is, if I'm calling you a CAC? It's a valid attack. So, who wins the CAC award for his thread? This guy...
I'm not sympathizing with anyone yet, just asking for facts. ASSumptions make all parties look bad. There isn't any the chancellor can really do if their is no evidence as to who has committed these hate acts. Sensitivity training is about all they can do to correct it until they find out who's behind this. Then they can take action. Do these witnesses know the racist involved? Is it a student who has had racists acts while at mizzou? If you don't know who your looking for how will you find them?
What CACs hide behind is shyt like this. He's assuming all these black people are overreacting and can't even prove anything happened :snoop: When people take these types of stands, they will always tell on themselves from what they say at a later time. His next post is all it took in this instance...
You gonna refute what I said with facts or are you just gonna bring the same bigotry and idiocy displayed at mizzou to this thread? Ironic
Quick to call black people bigots and idiots, but isn't convinced when it's a national story at MU? :usure:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Plenty of private Liberal Arts institutions are liberal to the point of caricature. Plenty are more "traditional" aka reflective of wealthy conservative values. All are populated by the ultra-wealthy in general, so often the outward appearance of humanistic, progressive values simply serve to cloak a cold, corporate soul.

As far as public universities go, yeah, much of the faculty - hyper-educated, comfortable though not necessarily rich - skew left, particularly in the humanities. But where public, state funds are involved the politicians exert a lot of influence on University policy. It couldn't be a more bureaucratic, bottom-line system. In Iowa, for example, the University faculty have been fighting (to no avail) against the appointment of a complete hack from the business sector to the school presidency. This can be traced back to the board of regents, who are appointed by the governor, who is friends with the Koch brothers. Our nation as a whole is extremely conservative and corporate-minded - what passes as the democratic agenda today would've made conservatives blush in previous decades; what passes for republican thought would've been considered sheer lunacy by conservatives in previous decades. As much as people bandy about the terms "oligarchy" and "plutocracy" it's clear they don't quite grasp just how serious, present, and dangerous the corporate takeover of America is on just about every level of public life. The Trans-Pacific Partnership should scare 90% of the populace to fukking death. But no one has the time or information or critical skills to know what the fukk it even is. And that's the point of the new University model - to keep people focused on becoming cogs, and not view our culture critically.
The left is too p*ssy in this country. The left in other countries would fukk your shyt up.

Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm not sure how many of you know about this as a national movement, but the corporatization of the public University is a very real and dangerous mission/movement. University presidents with little to no knowledge of academia are being plucked from the business sector and tasked with the mandate to strip schools of "liberal thinking" while focusing more on the vocational aspects of education. In other words, to remove critical thought and encourage a worker-bee mentality. Departments are being gutted, job security is being scaled back, and unscrupulous practices that increase school revenue while decreasing the quality of education for students are being trumpeted as practical and visionary. The concern for basic issues like access, broadening perspectives, critically challenging systems of power, examining the arts, and discussion of race, gender, etc. is actively being discouraged. Corporate giants are in cahoots with government officials, who are dictating to the regents who to hire.
:feedme: steer me to some literature on this por favor

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Were these incidents reported to the president and he refused to address them? I'm just saying, it's a large school and maybe it didn't make it to his office. Does he have a history of racial insensitivity?

Protesters usually try to set up meetings before going the resignation route. I understand they tried to approach him at homecoming, but was this the right venue? Look i'm not trying to defend the guy, but I do want to be fair in my condemnation.

This story is not making total sense to me.
There were a series of issues related to social services and the racial climate at the school which the president either mishandled or flat out ignored. He nailed his own coffin when he said that the only systemic racism happening is in the students' heads. It wasn't any one issue but many issues which eventually led to the football team and faculty boycotting and his ouster this morning.As an aside, you aren't always going to understand everything. Missouri is not in a good way right now. They are on the avant garde of racial discussion happening in the US in 2015. What these players, students and faculty did is bigger than any of them might have imagined. Now we know without a shadow of a doubt that solidarity and boycotting will speak louder than any rioting. Black purchasing power in the USA is as high as any other minority group you can name and if we decide to we can band together and force real changes or the nation runs the risk of financial collapse if compromise is not reached. Money talks and in a nation where EVERYTHING is for sale, money speaks louder than force, sarcasm, social media, news agencies or any other tool.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Even though Stephen didn't actually say "race card" I'm just lost with this guy. Didn't Smith used to be more militant like over a decade ago. what the hell happened with him? Maybe its like a Kanye situation where we thought he was more conscious but he probably just hid it better back then.

Sad the most famous Black guy on ESPN with the biggest platform is a big sell out.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I read the article. Stephen didn't use the phrase "race card'. The guy put that in the headline to get controversy and views.

In any case Stephen A is still a c00n. We Black people criticize each other all the time, we aren't above criticism, but time and time again this clown breaks the "code" and seems to love criticizing us in FRONT OF other White people. Not one or two scattered in a crowd but always when an entire group is around him. The biggest Uncle Toms do not do that...

He needs to cut that shyt out. shyt....Jason Whitlock doesn't even do that and when Jason Whitlock doesn't do something that then you know you a big c00n
like i said on here before
i dont even like throwin that fukkin word around "c00n"
but homie lost me with that bullshyt he said when Michael Eric Dyson was there
about brothers dressin "the part" and people (basically white ppl) will take you serious
and in the same breath tells the story of him being in a cafe spot in his "fly suit" only to have some white bytch grip her purse when he got a lil too close
:deadmanny:
son need to get all the way the hell outa here for ever
fukk that show

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Even though Stephen didn't actually say "race card" I'm just lost with this guy. Didn't Smith used to be more militant like over a decade ago. what the hell happened with him? Maybe its like a Kanye situation where we thought he was more conscious but he probably just hid it better back then.

Sad the most famous Black guy on ESPN with the biggest platform is a big sell out.
Micheal Smith coming for that spot
in full force

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
like i said on here before
i dont even like throwin that fukkin word around "c00n"
but homie lost me with that bullshyt he said when Michael Eric Dyson was there
about brothers dressin "the part" and people (basically white ppl) will take you serious
and in the same breath tells the story of him being in a cafe spot in his "fly suit" only to have some white bytch grip her purse when he got a lil too close
:deadmanny:
son need to get all the way the hell outa here for ever
fukk that show

Fam i wish i was trolling with what I'm about to say but.....

Honestly I would not be surprised if he is hosting his own show on Fox within the next 5 years