Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah man shyt is crazy. I just got done reading the comments over at ESPN in the story they had. I hate to give racist whites the whole "mental illness" excuse. But some of them MFs must have some type of psychological disconnect to rationally and logically look at situations like this.

It's like they are mentally incapable of seeing what the initial problem is and who was responsible for creating it. (Them) They throw common sense right out the fukkin window and they do crazy amounts of mental back flips in order to deflect :dwillhuh:

They expect black people to take whatever abuse, mistreatment, discrimination and racism and sit back and just accept it with a smile :dwillhuh:

They can't wrap their head around the idea of white children going away to college and having to deal with racism, discrimination and hate crimes. they couldn't imagine living in a world where their children were subjugated to those types of atrocities.
They don't wanna face the music with this because it means they'll have to come to grips with a reality far bigger than football. Slavery is the one thing no white person wants to think or talk about. On the surface this is about present day race relations at this university, but this is really rooted in this country's abhorrent history. No one wants to talk about that though.White people dont want to have to come to terms with their their privilege, and by contrast our lack of. That's why they resort to these mental gymnastics. This conversation has been coming for 300 and some odd years. Long overdue, but this might be it. I just hope these guys stand tall and realize how much bigger than Mizzou their fight is. And shoutout to the breh John Gibson. Houston has a way with raising real ones.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
the derrick washington story is disgusting as well.
ESPN outlines new allegations against former Missouri running back Derrick Washington

Washington told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch yesterday that he believed all of the coaches knew of the allegation and he never received any punishment from them.
While this is disgusting, it has nothing to do with this present boycott. This boycott is in relation to a larger problem on campus, and while that is fukked up how the team handled that particular case, this boycott is against the admin of the univeristy, not the athletic department, and has different goals, that are not football related. The football field is a vehicle to make their voices as marginalized college students heard.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
this is sad and beautiful at the same time ..

sad - because this even has to happen
but beautiful because these kids are really standing up for something, it's power in numbers

I hope the prez resigns ... he obviously does not care about blacks and we should not have him as a leader. fukk him.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
People on tiger droppings (cac lsu football site)

were mad AF about this.....

lets me further know that the Fournette love is all BS

yea I read that thread and shyt is DISTURBING how they view blacks and black athletes when we are making any sort of stance and speaking out against something. shyt makes you leery of ALL white people tbh.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props to these young brothas. :mjcry:
I remember back in my UT college days, I tried getting some of the football and basketball players to join us (the black student committee) in sit ins and march
against some big racial fukkery that was going down on campus. All I got was :francis::mjpls::rudy:.

These kids have bigger guts than the ones from my years.
If the HBCUs had their shyt together :snoop:, and be a viable option to these athletes, the money that would generate from these dominate athletic programs could help
improve these institutions and attract more of us to higher education.

I bet those same athletes were at all the parties tho:snoop:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:whoo: props to these young dudes...this has potential to be a monster story

Missouri Football Players Go On Strike To Force Removal Of School President

DeadSpin:
The University of Missouri’s Legion of Black Collegians released a statement tonight from the collective athletes of color on the Tigers football team stating they are on strike from football-related activities until the school president steps down in the wake of several racist acts on campus.

Many Missouri students believe school president Tim Wolfe has failed to act in response to several months’ worth of alleged racism on the Columbia campus—the most recent and controversial of which was a swastika of human feces found in a residence hall. The debate is mostly happening over on Facebook, where views both nuanced and not can be found under the #concernedstudent1950 hashtag.

UPDATE: List of Demands from Students

2ujns4o.jpg

:wow: Groundbreaking! :wow:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
While this is disgusting, it has nothing to do with this present boycott. This boycott is in relation to a larger problem on campus, and while that is fukked up how the team handled that particular case, this boycott is against the admin of the univeristy, not the athletic department, and has different goals, that are not football related. The football field is a vehicle to make their voices as marginalized college students heard.
it does though. from 2009-2014 63 mizzou football or basketball plaeyrs committed a crime 43 of those being sexual assault cases. a lot of the victims being mizzou students. the admin ignored their students being raped b/c the ppl doing it played football or basketball for them. where were these football players when all of that was going on? if u are going to stand up for whats right.. stand up for whats right. eh not sure how u can call pplgetting away with rape and ppl committing suicide over it a lesser problem.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
it does though. from 2009-2014 63 mizzou football or basketball plaeyrs committed a crime 43 of those being sexual assault cases. a lot of the victims being mizzou students. the admin ignored their students being raped b/c the ppl doing it played football or basketball for them. where were these football players when all of that was going on? if u are going to stand up for whats right.. stand up for whats right. eh not sure how u can call pplgetting away with rape and ppl committing suicide over it a lesser problem.

Quit trying to derail the thread.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I haven't read the whole thread but are the basketball players or any other sport athletes participating in the boycott as well?

I was reading some other college football forums and ran across this post:

of course he's receiving a lot of flack for posting this. Most of the people in the thread are saying the school should remove their scholarships.

At least one other athletics group has joined with them according to the CNN video. So, the football team, an athletics group, and the initial student that is doing the hunger strike... so far from what I understand. But, this emerged on a weekend. Sports News shows on cycles like ESPN first take wont speak on it til monday, but there are some shows that have already started talking about it (not just covering it but voicing opinions) like The MLB show: