Who would you choose to replace Tony Khan as head booker of AEW?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
ycnWKG.gif

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I think TK is overrated and underrated as a booker - there's a charm to him being a wrestlenerd who has the money to make his own dream matches come true, but he's not a storyline guy and storylines are what sell those dream matches to people who have different dreams.
Sums up my feeling on TK as a booker

If Heyman or D’Amore weren’t already in their respective promotions, I’d go with them

Danielson and Punk are intriguing choices but maybe moreso if they weren’t currently competing

Now I like the idea of NXT’s Ryan Ward if he were interested. Freddie Prinze Jr. would be interesting, although he’s trying to put his own promotion together currently

I don’t hate the idea of Jeff Jarrett. I’d have to really think of who exactly I’d have in mind :patrice: But, I really would go “All In” on treating Dynamite, Collision, and ROH as separate brands with 1-2 people per show putting together stories and assist TK in booking and facilitating stories

Last edited:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Danielson and Punk are already helping with Collision, and that's been pretty good so far.

Jimmy Jacobs I would like to see a few months of what he can pan out...

Scott D'amore just waiting for a big budget to go platinum...

Wednesday just needs a shakeup, it's blatantly a Bucks/Kenny influenced TK show, when we've seen that a Punk/Danielson influenced show is much better. The VP position will probably make sure Dynamite doesn't change too much over the years unfortunately.

Alaskan
Daps
I'd make it a committee. Someone like D'amore, Heyman, or Jerrett and a group of wrestlers who know the business. You already have Arn on the payroll, throw Punk, Bryan and maybe Joe in there too. What's Raven doing these days? He always seemed to have a good mind for story shyt. Didn't Bret say he was down to help? Bring him in too.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Sums up my feeling on TK as a booker

If Heyman or D’Amore weren’t already in their respective promotions, I’d go with them

Danielson and Punk are intriguing choices but maybe moreso if they weren’t currently competing

Now I like the idea of NXT’s Ryan Ward if he were interested. Freddie Prinze Jr. would be interesting, although he’s trying to put his own promotion together currently

I don’t hate the idea of Jeff Jarrett. I’d have to really think of who exactly I’d have in mind :patrice: But, I really would go “All In” on treating Dynamite, Collision, and ROH as separate brands with 1-2 people per show putting together stories and assist TK in booking and facilitating stories
Freddie's own promotion thing kinda collapsed when AEW started throwing money at nearly everyone that came up for renewal.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Also, I'd hand off all creative in ROH to someone else and let them get experience to see how they are. It's behind a subscription pay wall that's not watched much, if they end up being trash at the job then fire or reassign them and put someone else in the job because who the fukk really cares? Rinse and repeat until you find someone that's decent and let them cook to see if they can improve and show potential at booking for AEW.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd make it a committee. Someone like D'amore, Heyman, or Jerrett and a group of wrestlers who know the business. You already have Arn on the payroll, throw Punk, Bryan and maybe Joe in there too. What's Raven doing these days? He always seemed to have a good mind for story shyt. Didn't Bret say he was down to help? Bring him in too.
Raven is with IMPACT I think. Bret Hart offered to be a producer but also didn't want to be on the road so I'm not sure how he thought that was going to work.

• Dap

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Question should have been who within AEW would you make as the head booker

This is just the usual fantasy..fantasy booking

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Bryan Danielson
My feeling is that Dragon is best suited to be on a Pat Patterson :dame: role. He's a great guy to have as an advisor, bounce off ideas with other creative people and every now and then come up with an angle. But I don't think he would be good at putting a whole TV show week after week. I could see him having similar flaws to Tony, were he has matches set in stone for a PPV but very rarely is able to find the consistency to build it up in a great way on Dynamite/Collision.

• Dap

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Have they ever shown the booking process in AEW outside of Tony is Gorilla?