All Elite Wrestling Interim Champion will be...

• Jon Moxley

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Wardlow

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Hangman Adam Page

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Adam Cole

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Jay Lethal

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Brian Danielson

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Eddie Kingston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miro

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • MJF

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Malakai Black

• Ricky Starks

• Powerhouse Hobbs

• Chris Jericho

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Swerve

• Keith Lee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
1.- MJF getting the belt requires A LOT of explanation that y'all just shrugging off just because he hasn't won the belt yet and his a rising star. But y'all gotta take into account that MJF is just coming off a work/shoot angle were he wants to leave the company and almost no showed a PPV.

a) Why would Tony Khan allow him to enter the Battle Royale?
b) Why would MJF want a belt from a company he's not happy with and actually wants to leave? I guess this could be answered as him wanting to fukk the company over and have the belt hostage to troll Tony Khan and the fans (basically do what WWE didn't have the guts to do in 2011).

But then again, this whole interim championship is being done because there wont be a present champion with Punk injured. So giving the strap to someone who doesn't want the belt, the company and would probably held the title hostage makes no sense.

And you just try to forget everything that happened in the lead up to DoN and this past Dynamite and just make MJF a "normal" heel champion, it makes even less sense :russ:

2.- Danielson getting the strap would mean scrapping whatever plans they have for him right now, which seemed it meant a mini feud with Eddie and then winning Blood & Guts with him. I guess they could explain him and Mox fighting each other again as "friendly competition" amongst the BCC because they are the best and want to show it though. Would require some promo work throughout Dynamite :ufdup:

Also, it would probably mean Danielson doesn't participate in the G-1 as that's gonna be a tour that will take him out of AEW for 4-6 weeks. And I'm way more interested in him working the G-1 than getting AEW's main belt :yeshrug:

Ah, so this was reported wrongly everywhere. I read that the winner of the Battle Royale would face Moxley at Forbidden Door for the interim belt. This does changes things a little bit and gives them more leeway for more options.
Mox vs Hiroshi Tanahashi would be a great match, who would be your favorite option for Tanahashi
I'm not a fan of Mox in the ring. He's better than in WWE but I'm not interested in his singles matches so I prefer Tana vs anyone but him and Adam Cole :heh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I will never understand what he sees in Adam Cole or Britt Baker.
Cole is probably my least favorite wrestler on the planet right now but the motherfukker is super over with the AEW fanbase. It's pretty obvious why he's heavily pushed :manny:

The thing I'll never understand is what does the AEW fanbase see in Cole to love him so much but I think I'm just too damn old to understand :flabbynsick:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I will never understand what he sees in Adam Cole or Britt Baker.

Just seeing him on UUDD and hearing him in interviews, Adam Cole seems like a pretty cool guy. I've never seen or heard anyone that actually knows him speak bad about him. It's always something positive. Maybe that's why. But I absolutely hate watching him wrestle :ld:

I said it in the Dynamite thread, Britt Baker is the female equivalent to Miz. She does all the mainstream PR and is the face of the company. Just like Miz, I think her work ethic with training, doing AEW PR and being a full-time dentist on top of it probably has her viewed favorably.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Reading this, they might have Jericho win then battle royale and face Mox to continue the feud

Jericho probably wins by cheating and then faces Tana (maybe Jericho brings back the pain maker for one night)

Didn't Jericho already face Tanahashi before?

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just seeing him on UUDD and hearing him in interviews, Adam Cole seems like a pretty cool guy. I've never seen or heard anyone that actually knows him speak bad about him. It's always something positive. Maybe that's why. But I absolutely hate watching him wrestle :ld:

I said it in the Dynamite thread, Britt Baker is the female equivalent to Miz. She does all the mainstream PR and is the face of the company. Just like Miz, I think her work ethic with training, doing AEW PR and being a full-time dentist on top of it probably has her viewed favorably.
I get that (to be honest I don't really give a damn about Adam Cole on a personal level), but they showcase them so much to point that their actual champions don't even get that much shine and they can't handed winds they don't even need. Thunder Rosa is an afterthought and the crowd clearly loves her. They created a match for Jade at the last minute. Neither one needed to win Owen tournament. I don't believe Cole can beat half of the people he wrestles. They are on permanent skip status when they show up.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
The interim champ should be one of three people: Miro, Eddie Kingston or MJF.

Miro because he can just recreate his dominantly entertaining monster heel TNT run with the world title.

Kingston because his whole underdog making good story is super compelling and winning the world title in less than normal circumstances would be a good culmination of that story.

MJF because his current disgruntled employee storyline would become even more interesting if he were to become world champ.

I don't think Eddie Kingston is world title material but if they ever put the interim strap on him it should be right exactly as CM Punk is returning so his "moment" is brief before Punk comes to spoil it and take it from him since they are still pushing so much tension between the two

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
They've been teasing Kingston-Punk beef for a long time I think Kingston will eventually be the one to take it off Punk long-term after he turns heel.

As for the interim I think Moxley or Danielson.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Be a waste to give it to someone for the first time when it's not a big moment that builds & is just a placeholder thing because the other guy got hurt:manny:

The idea of wasting MJeff for example winning the title for the first time when he's in the middle of this goofy ass thing their doing sounds like a terrible idea all the way around.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The idea of wasting MJeff for example winning the title for the first time when he's in the middle of this goofy ass thing their doing sounds like a terrible idea all the way around.
IMO he should be the guy and the one who defeats punk to become undisputed champ. All that anger in his promo can be not only directed at an ex-wwe guy that's champ, but one that he's a stan of and one he failed to beat in a dog collar match. Plus it sets up down the line Wardlow to take the title off him.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
they should probably just have Wardlow throw everybody out of the battle royal and strap the rocket to him, i doubt he's gonna be as hot as he is now and they need to keep him engaged in something high profile instead of a trash feud with Smart Mark Sterling. The fans are bummed with the Punk injury, give them something fresh to go crazy over

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
IMO he should be the guy and the one who defeats punk to become undisputed champ. All that anger in his promo can be not only directed at an ex-wwe guy that's champ, but one that he's a stan of and one he failed to beat in a dog collar match. Plus it sets up down the line Wardlow to take the title off him.

He could be the guy to beat Punk down the line, but him being interim champion makes no sense at all with the way they've chosen to go with him. He shouldn't even be in the battle royal after giving out about Khan & saying he wants out. shyt would make no sense considering all the pointless things their doing for the sake of the angle.

Plus this is just a placeholder. Khan ain't putting the belt on Punk & having him lose it as soon as he gets back, he wasn't getting a short reign & unless this injury is something he never heals from I doubt this is going to change that especially since their doing an interim champion instead of just vacating it.