All Elite Wrestling Interim Champion will be...

• Jon Moxley

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Wardlow

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Hangman Adam Page

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Adam Cole

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Jay Lethal

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Brian Danielson

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Eddie Kingston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miro

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • MJF

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Malakai Black

• Ricky Starks

• Powerhouse Hobbs

• Chris Jericho

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Swerve

• Keith Lee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
It's not that, Just that he shouldn't be NOWHERE near the AEW Championship.

He'd make a great TNT champ and bring that belt a lot of prestige. But its too many guys better suited for the top belt rn than him.
Adam and Britt have too many wins they didn't really deserve, that's the real problem. It was only made worse by the Owen Cup.

There were legitimately a handful of competitors the fans favored over them.

If more fans turn on them, they'll be the next Cody and Brandi.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
It's not that, Just that he shouldn't be NOWHERE near the AEW Championship.

He'd make a great TNT champ and bring that belt a lot of prestige. But its too many guys better suited for the top belt rn than him.
I think Adam Cole is still injured for how long and what is the injury idk...Cole was on commentary for Dynamite and Rampage so who knows guess we gotta wait till June 8

Last edited:

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Makes sense to be Mox
they cancelled Tana/Mox before so now is the right time to do it
and like I said Mox/Punk on PPV would be a big match down the line :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Makes sense to be Mox
they cancelled Tana/Mox before so now is the right time to do it
and like I said Mox/Punk on PPV would be a big match down the line :yeshrug:
When you say they do you mean NJPW, and didn't Jon and Tana mix it up in a four way this year I forget the card name

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I've always been an Adam Cole fan but he hasn't looked nearly as good in AEW as he did NXT and ROH and shouldn't be an AEW World CHampion. To me, his AEW tenure has reminded me of the pro athletes that have a career year before they were set to become a free agent then they proceed to shyt the bed the following year after getting their fat contract in the offseason.

Multiple reasons why I believe he hasn't been as good.

He looks like he hasn't cared at all about keeping his body as toned as it was in NXT and ROH. He never has and never will be a big muscular guy, but he's basically a beer gut away from having full-fledged dad bod.

The talent in AEW is considerably more talented, more athletic, taller, and more built than it was in NXT and ROH. The size disparities tended to be much less in NXT and ROH. I don't necessarily believe that you have to be big to come off as a credible champ, but you can't be short, lack muscle mass, and be unathletic in AEW and be taken seriously by anyone other than Adam Cole fans. In the big leagues, if you lack size height you need to make up for it in muscle mass and/or athleticism like Bryan Danielson, Young Bucks, FTR, Jericho, Adam Page, Jay Lethal, Kenny Omega, Malakai Black, Miro, MJF, Pac, Penta, Fenix, and Starks. All those guys billed at the same height or shorter than Adam Cole, but they all make Adam Cole look small, and other than the Young Bucks and FTR, they would all be reasonably believable as the AEW champion in my eyes.

I think the biggest is that he just hasn't been booked as well nor performed as well. Part of that goes back to the things above, In general though, it's harder to book less believable talent. His promos have been of much less caliber than they were prior to AEW. And while he has had some good matches, though sparingly few like one against Adam Page, they just haven't been up to the level he was consistently putting out in ROH and NXT. Everything he has done in-ring in AEW pales in comparison to at least a dozen, maybe two dozen, matches he had in NXT.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Miro or we riot. :demonic:

Also what happens if the interim champ gets injured too? Do they create an interim INTERIM AEW champ culminating in a triple threat match between the 3 when everyone's healthy? :troll:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I mean honestly if he just worked on toning up his body and started putting more effort into his matches I think that would quell a lot of people's concerns with his believability and deservedness as AEW champion. To the folks that will never find him believable because he's just on the smaller side and not athletic, well then really nothing he does is going to change that. Can't please everyone.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Miro or we riot. :demonic:

Also what happens if the interim champ gets injured too? Do they create an interim INTERIM AEW champ culminating in a triple threat match between the 3 when everyone's healthy? :troll:
Tony-Khan-AEW-Dark-Elevation.png

A battle royal will take place on AEW rampage, with the winner taking on number 1 contender Daniel Garcia

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I appreciate the transparency. Given booking of WWE World titles in the past decade, it wouldn't be too unreasonable for Punk to go months between title defense but I think fans appreciate the honesty. I just wish AEW's commentary team could just better articulate what the hell is going on with this interim title!