who was yr favorite character from the wire?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
When I finished watching it the second time I searched around for a few peoples analysis of the series and came across this dude who the guardian published talking about Marlo. shyt was a good read.

The first time Marlo makes an impact is when his underlings are about to punish Bubbles and Johnny for leaning on their car, threatening them with a handgun. Marlo takes in the situation and says simply 'Do it or don't. I've got places to be." He instantly puts himself above trivial concerns; he shows neither anger nor compassion. He has merely sized the situation up, judged there is no threat or benefit to him therein, and leaves it as not worth his time. His decision-making is calibrated to winning "the game".

Marlo's utilitarian analysis is perhaps most marked when he decides Michael's fate. He clearly has a slight fondness for Michael (he chose him after all), and agrees with Chris he's unlikely to be the snitch. "But you willing to bet your life on it?" he asks, and the decision is made. He acknowledges his inability to put human relationships first in his last exchange with Joe, who he clearly also felt some bond with: "I treated you like a son" "I wasn't made to play the son. Close your eyes...it won't hurt none".

The Wire Re-up: In defence of Marlo

For anyone interested. It had me :ohhh: with the things I missed.

Officer Walker :demonic:

I hated that fukking dude man. I was just waiting for him to get his.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
How did yall like the cops? Hated them bytches wish marlo n Avon crew could've made it out.. but I would say Avon my favorite

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
How did yall like the cops? Hated them bytches wish marlo n Avon crew could've made it out.. but I would say Avon my favorite
Because not all of them were a$$holes, cop or crook, people are flawed and this show showed that and the humanity of most of the characters.

I do find it interesting that no one said McNulty as their first. The serial killer shyt is unforgivable.

Last edited:

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
McNulty
Bodie
Stringer
Slim Charles
Cutty
Bunk
Michael
Weebey
Snoop
Freeman
Bunny

I love this damn show.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Law: Bunk, McNutty and Freeman

Streets: Marlo cuz dude said so much in saying so little. Weebay was that dude too. Snoop basically played herself.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
It was Kema until her dumb ass fukked shyt up in season 5 :smh:
I wanted to stretch that dyke p*ssy out, fukk parts of her p*ssy she never knew she had #ThankYouYeezy :wow:

As for my other characters, I fukked with Slim cuz he was a loyal goon with solid principles and he was competent; season 1 Stringer cuz his swag was off the charts and nikkas straightened up when he was around; Wee-Bey because he was gully as shyt and his interest in fish really brought his character back to earth; McNulty and Freamon because they were "good police" and because McNulty had a sexy ass ex-wife Elena :ohlawd: :ohlawd:; Omar because he was the most interesting character on the show, period; Lt. Daniels because he was very reliable and although he had did some dirt in the past, he changed and became a really good cop; Wallace cuz he had a heart that was too good for his situation, which led to his downfall; Bodie cuz, like Slim, was loyal and fierce; and finally Kenard cuz that nikka got me saying Gump now :russ: and cuz he had a heart and temper too big for his frame