who was yr favorite character from the wire?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slim Charles. He knew his role and never got caught up in wanting to be the Boss, a loyal soldier who when the time came took the reigns.

I liked him. A lot.

But the one thing I didn't like about him is that time when Bodie wanted help and Slim was in the car and didn't do shyt.

But he was cool when he merked Cheese - "That was for Joe"

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I liked him. A lot.

But the one thing I didn't like about him is that time when Bodie wanted help and Slim was in the car and didn't do shyt.

But he was cool when he merked Cheese - "That was for Joe"

What could he really do though?:manny: They wasn't even on the same team anymore. It's every man for himself out there.

The streets don't love nobody.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I finished watching it the second time I searched around for a few peoples analysis of the series and came across this dude who the guardian published talking about Marlo. shyt was a good read.

The Wire Re-up: In defence of Marlo

For anyone interested. It had me :ohhh: with the things I missed.

I hated that fukking dude man. I was just waiting for him to get his.

I agreed with everything the author said, but how would they account for this?

Also nikkas should elaborate the reasons why these characters are their favourite

Last edited:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
WTF:scusthov:

Burrell? Daniels?

Arguably two of the worst characters on the show after say Ziggy and Sobotka.

LT Daniels had some of best quotes from the show and always had some good dialogue. Same with Burrrell. I enjoy the interactions between characters more than the action sometimes.

LT Daniels had two quotes that stuck with me in life

"Do ya job"- Daniels to McNutly. As a supervisor at my job, I use this alot. It's not what he said, it was how he said it. With such a deadpan conviction. like fool do what we pay you for.

In the last episode when he didn't wanna juke the stats as commish and that c*nt lady mayor pull out his dirt. He had a convo with his ex wife. His ex wife said something akin to:

You have to bend a little to play the game

To which he replied: Can't bend anymore. I'm already broken. That was deep. A man defeated by the system he spent his life working hard to rise in. I dunno those stuck with me. Plus he was one of the few characters that carried himself with some pride of duty. Always sharp. Always in command. Just the way he spoke his lines, he just resonated with me.

Burrell was cool because again, his dialogue. Can't remember any quotes off hand. But my all time favorite scenes in the wire was the ComStat meetings from season 3. Some of the best lines in the entire series.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Not one person has said D'angelo in the whole entire thread:dwillhuh:.

D'angelo was probably the closest character to most of yall nikkas in real life, but nobody wants to see themselves as a bytch ass nikka:mjpls:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
To be honest D'Angelo would be on my list. He didn't pop in my head at the time. And he wasnt a bytch ass nikka. He bodied a dude on the show. He knew the game inside and out. But he didn't love the game as other members of his family. He was a victim of legacy. He was born and expected to play in the game. After a while he just wanted to leave. But he couldn't. Until my man choked him out one good time. Sad really

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I started talking to a friend about the show after I ran across this link and he sent me this. Hadn't seen it before.

You can talk about this show for a couple of hours over drinks without a lull in the conversation. So I've been asked who my favorite character is but it's still tough. I'd say McNulty. He gives a shyt when it would really be easy not to. Then he gets a target on his back for it and he continues to give a shyt. And it's not like he doesn't have his own shyt going on. And through all that he's really self-destructive which I can relate to.

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest D'Angelo would be on my list. He didn't pop in my head at the time. And he wasnt a bytch ass nikka. He bodied a dude on the show. He knew the game inside and out. But he didn't love the game as other members of his family. He was a victim of legacy. He was born and expected to play in the game. After a while he just wanted to leave. But he couldn't. Until my man choked him out one good time. Sad really
True. He showed he wasn't like the others even before he got locked up. He was telling the kids that things didn't have to be a certain way. He had a conscience before shyt got bad for him.