who was more skillfull overall Prime Floyd or Prime Roy?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
The real answer is they are equal in skill, talent and athleticism. Floyd had the better career. But prime for prime they were equal in just about every category. I would.never say Roy had better reflexes than Roy or vice versa. The only thing I'd give Floyd the edge in is defense. I'd give Roy a slight edge on offense. But to me they are equal. It is just Roy ran into someone who couldn't beat. Everyone, outside of Floyd, has had that problem.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:WHO FAULT IS THAT? Roy skills are nowhere near floyd's, Roy's defense completely centered around his agility:mjtf:, while Floyd's was coached, mechanized off of routine and hand placement:unimpressed:, oh and floyd moved up 5 weight classes to Roy's 4 :mjtf: \who was hit more/less:gucci: cuz floyd's resume shyts on Roy's - And roy has toney and bhop on his shyt - roy doesnt even have good mechanics defensively, you can still put your hands up so you dont get slept, talking about "immobible":mjlol:
Nah breh, this ain’t it. Floyd fought in more weight classes but Roy fought over a greater span of actual weight.

Also, going up in weight wasn’t the issue for Roy. It was the coming back down, particularly at that age. Floyd never put himself in that position, but of course Floyd never had any shot of ever being a heavyweight so there was never an appeal.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I hate threads like this. I hate when people mention athleticism and RJJ. RJJ was extremely skilled, you can’t do the things he did in the ring without having an incredible amount of skill and IQ. You have to have solid fundamentals to do what RJJ did, at your core. He wasn’t just doing random moves out of “athleticism”.

It’s like saying Jordan and Kobe were just athletic.

If Roy Jones the announcer hasn't taught these guys how smart Roy Jones the fighter was ain't no helping em.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The real answer is they are equal in skill, talent and athleticism. Floyd had the better career. But prime for prime they were equal in just about every category. I would.never say Roy had better reflexes than Roy or vice versa. The only thing I'd give Floyd the edge in is defense. I'd give Roy a slight edge on offense. But to me they are equal. It is just Roy ran into someone who couldn't beat. Everyone, outside of Floyd, has had that problem.
Not in his prime, he didnt...keep in mind, 30 yr old Roy slaughters Tarver. Kills him. And Fkoyd had some MAJOR Castillo problems in his 20s..lol

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
the big difference between roy and floyd to me was that, roy lost his legs, and floyd didnt. when your legs go, you're done. it is over.
He didn't put on the weight Jones did and tried to lose it at 36 to fight a Canelo. Thats the difference to me.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Not in his prime, he didnt...keep in mind, 30 yr old Roy slaughters Tarver. Kills him. And Fkoyd had some MAJOR Castillo problems in his 20s..lol
Ok :mjlol:

goofies wanna change the narrative like YouTube doesn’t exist and his hand was broken

go tell yo trash fighter cinnacac stop duckin black fighters

let a old washed Floyd beat that cac to sleep:mjlol:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
that Fight wasnt close:gucci: lets me know ydsab

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The first Floyd-Castillo fight was about the only Floyd fight you can legitimately argue(and have a good argument at that) he lost bruh. The second one wasnt close.
then tell me wich rounds did castillo secure to beat floyd:gucci: