Who was Bigger at their Peak: Nas or Wu Tang?

Who had the higher peak of popularity.

• Nas

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Wu

Votes: 77 82.8%

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
nikkas acting like Nas himself wasn’t a cultural force:mjlol:

It Was Written was number 1 on the charts for FOUR WEEKS STRAIGHT. I am sold 470k its first week. Dude put out TWO Platinum albums in one year.
:whoa:

What does cultural force mean? If we measure cultural impact, surely Wu wins out when you consider the sheer global force of their appeal and the way they turned millions of white people into frothing stans to this day. Not to mention the way their slang was adopted by the rap world and the way they they infiltrated film (Jim Jarmusch, Bill Murray, etc). There's something about the Wu that spreads in a way it didn't for Nas, even when he was big.

Nas went plat twice in the same year but...the second album was largely panned and he wasn't the hottest rapper at the time. And if we're gonna say sales determine cultural impact...I assume you'd say Hov has had way more cultural impact than Nas, and Drake is the most culturally important rapper of our time.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

from doing early endorsements to launching own successful clothing line , that some people used to wear.

Wu Gambinos song created the mafia/gangster alias era where even Big (frank white) and Nas(escobar) copied them.
Method Man's alias became street slang the moment he said it on record....

I'm a big Nas fan, I don't think any rapper is technically better than Nas, ever. And I'm old enough to have seen his rise and impact, but you almost can't put into words how big Wu was at their peak. This isn't even close.

They along with Nas, Biggie, pun, mobb deep and jay got this from Kool G Rap

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They along with Nas, Biggie, pun, mobb deep and jay got this from Kool G Rap
Which G Rap album are we talking about?

Wu Tang grew in the borough where the boss of the Gambino crime family lived, Paul Castellanno.

I'm sure they grew up around kids of mafia affiliated guys.

You can hear on the first albums that they grew up around a LOT of Italians. Listen to Torture and tell me "I'll fukkin" doesn't sound like it's being said by a wiseguy.

Which Kool G Rap album are you saying that he started saying Giancanna? Live and Let Die?

Or are you saying he was using the alias on features

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even they have Wu-Tang Clan video game on Playstatiaon :wow:
s-l225.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
nikkas acting like Nas himself wasn’t a cultural force:mjlol:

It Was Written was number 1 on the charts for FOUR WEEKS STRAIGHT. I am sold 470k its first week. Dude put out TWO Platinum albums in one year.
Nas was not a cultural force

U nikkas steady bringin up numbers n wu still beats them worldwide

This is like the pac vs snoop impact

When snoop is waaaay bigger

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Nas was not a cultural force

U nikkas steady bringin up numbers n wu still beats them worldwide

This is like the pac vs snoop impact

When snoop is waaaay bigger
NaS was a cultural force. Just because Wu was bigger at their peak doesn't mean NaS didn't have an impact.

Code

Banned
Daps
Nas obviously

Keeping people's attention as a solo artist is much harder than doing it as a group