Who was Bigger at their Peak: Nas or Wu Tang?

Who had the higher peak of popularity.

• Nas

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Wu

Votes: 77 82.8%

• Total voters

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nas sold more records, had more #1 albums, and has been relevant since 1994.
Wu Tang had a 4 year run .1993-1997.

U obviously didnt live in NYC during that time. Nor are u telling the whole story.

1993 Wu Tang usher in NYC drug dealer rap where Ghost name drops Pueblo Escobar....Nas 2 albums later names him self Nas Escobar.

1994..CREAM becomes the popular new slang....Illmatic didnt create no popular new slang.
Biggie has Meth on his album...Biggie has No Nas on his album.

I dont know why u bring up album sales when refering to "musical impact"

1995 is Wu York City. Wu dominates with Tical spilling over..ODBs first album..Cuban Linx...And Liquid Swords.

Nas highlights of 1995 are 1) Being on a Wu Tang Song ( verbal intercourse)2) Being on a Mobb Deep song with Raekwon (Eye For An Eye)

1996 Method Man wins a grammy. Nas doesn't win a grammy. Nas drops Illmatic. Ghost drops ironman. 2pac shyts on Nas while having Method Man on his album. 2Pac also jacks a method Man line for a chorus on his song No More Pain. Nas on the other hand jacks a 2pac beat. Wu put out a clothing line. 1996 Hoodshock concert in Harlem...Wu Tang closes it out even tho Fugees headline....Nas was on the sidelines and never performs

1997. Wu Tang drops a classic...Nas drops an eh album with Dr Dre and The Firm. Biggie has Rzas presence on his last LP....Biggie doesnt have Nas on his last LP.

Martin has Meth on his show....Martin doesnt have Nas on his show yet for some strange reason u say Nas was bigger.

026dd14e2ba8b35641a83584ba9c7bf0.png

1998..ODB is on Howard Stern....Nas was not on that level to be on Howard Stern yet u claim Nas was more relevant. ODB also has a really big song with Pras and Mya.

Both Nas and Meth are in the same movie Belly but Meth drops a highly anticipated album soon after.

1999....Both Wu members and Nas drop aiight to eh albums.

2000...Ghost drops Supreme Clientele and U God puts a ruff ryder on his dikk. Nas has Beyonce dancing to a Timbo beat. The Wu drops The W..Nas does the Ooochie Wally.

2001...Method Man does a movie with Redman. Jay Z has to put the fire under Nas ass in order for him to get back into shape. U can say Nas had the better album in 2001 but that Rza Digital Bullets till this day is heavily slept on.

The most I can give u is 2001 more in favor of Nas.

How many times did Dave Chappele acknowledge the Wu on his show?

tenor.gif

tumblr_m5n6p2igod1qcz882o1_500.jpg

giphy.gif

How many times did Dave Chappelle acknowledge Nas on his show? :jbhmm:

years later...Wu's impact is so big they get acknowledged on a show like Family Guy...Nas doesn't get acknowledged on Family Guy yet for some strange reason u have the nerve to say Nas was bigger.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Wu Tang as a group was way bigger than Nas. Meth & Dirty were also bigger as solo acts initially. IWW boosted Nas to their level and arguably beyond I guess but he doesn't have their star quality. All in all Wu Tang was way more ubiquitous in the early years which makes sense since there's an entire group vs. one guy.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
U obviously didnt live in NYC during that time. Nor are u telling the whole story.

1993 Wu Tang usher in NYC drug dealer rap where Ghost name drops Pueblo Escobar....Nas 2 albums later names him self Nas Escobar.

1994..CREAM becomes the popular new slang....Illmatic didnt create no popular new slang.
Biggie has Meth on his album...Biggie has No Nas on his album.

I dont know why u bring up album sales when refering to "musical impact"

1995 is Wu York City. Wu dominates with Tical spilling over..ODBs first album..Cuban Linx...And Liquid Swords.

Nas highlights of 1995 are 1) Being on a Wu Tang Song ( verbal intercourse)2) Being on a Mobb Deep song with Raekwon (Eye For An Eye)

1996 Method Man wins a grammy. Nas doesn't win a grammy. Nas drops Illmatic. Ghost drops ironman. 2pac shyts on Nas while having Method Man on his album. 2Pac also jacks a method Man line for a chorus on his song No More Pain. Nas on the other hand jacks a 2pac beat. Wu put out a clothing line. 1996 Hoodshock concert in Harlem...Wu Tang closes it out even tho Fugees headline....Nas was on the sidelines and never performs

1997. Wu Tang drops a classic...Nas drops an eh album with Dr Dre and The Firm. Biggie has Rzas presence on his last LP....Biggie doesnt have Nas on his last LP.

Martin has Meth on his show....Martin doesnt have Nas on his show yet for some strange reason u say Nas was bigger.

026dd14e2ba8b35641a83584ba9c7bf0.png

1998..ODB is on Howard Stern....Nas was not on that level to be on Howard Stern yet u claim Nas was more relevant. ODB also has a really big song with Pras and Mya.

Both Nas and Meth are in the same movie Belly but Meth drops a highly anticipated album soon after.

1999....Both Wu members and Nas drop aiight to eh albums.

2000...Ghost drops Supreme Clientele and U God puts a ruff ryder on his dikk. Nas has Beyonce dancing to a Timbo beat. The Wu drops The W..Nas does the Ooochie Wally.

2001...Method Man does a movie with Redman. Jay Z has to put the fire under Nas ass in order for him to get back into shape. U can say Nas had the better album in 2001 but that Rza Digital Bullets till this day is heavily slept on.

The most I can give u is 2001 more in favor of Nas.

How many times did Dave Chappele acknowledge the Wu on his show?

tumblr_m5n6p2igod1qcz882o1_500.jpg

giphy.gif

How many times did Dave Chappelle acknowledge Nas on his show? :jbhmm:

years later...Wu's impact is so big they get acknowledged on a show like Family Guy...Nas doesn't get acknowledged on Family Guy yet for some strange reason u have the nerve to say Nas was bigger.

I’m not reading this non sense

I was born in 74’ raised in Jersey.

Numbers don’t lie.. Nas sold more and had bigger hits..

Nas was #1 in the summer of 96’, in the middle of the Death Row, Bad Boy, Fugees, Bone era

36 Chambers was completely overshadowed by Snoop/Dre etc

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Wu Tang as a group was way bigger than Nas. Meth & Dirty were also bigger as solo acts initially. IWW boosted Nas to their level and arguably beyond I guess but he doesn't have their star quality. All in all Wu Tang was way more ubiquitous in the early years which makes sense since there's an entire group vs. one guy.

Alertnative facts: “Way bigger”

Reality: Nas outsold the WU

:mjlol:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m not reading this non sense

So why make a thread asking a question and then when someone answers u respond like a fukkboy?

:stopitslime:

The reciepts are all there......Wu Tang was always bigger then Nas in the peak of their careers.

With that said...fukk you and this thread.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
So why make a thread asking a question and then when someone answers u respond like a fukkboy?

:stopitslime:

The reciepts are all there......Wu Tang was always bigger then Nas in the peak of their careers.

With that said...fukk you and this thread.

Receipts?
Nas outsold the WU
has more #1 albums
has bigger hits

ur receipts is Method Man appeared on the MARTIN show :mjlol:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I feel like wu was bigger like culturally, shyt they had the asians and shyt rocking with him

But I feel like after like 99 nobody really gave a fukk about the wu as a group at least the people I knew, I mean ghost had a run but what was really after that.

But yeah wu tang was a brand they were bigger at their peak

Man when the video for triumph came out :ooh:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
nas sold more..lol...

when illmatic took 5 yrs to go platinum..

2x Multi-Platinum | January 28, 2019 SOLO Standard 2 Million None
Platinum | December 11, 2001
Gold | January 17, 1996

vs wu debut album

3x Multi-Platinum | October 29, 2018 GROUP Standard 3 Million None
2x Multi-Platinum | October 29, 2018
Platinum | May 15, 1995
Gold | March 22, 1994

and had a single that went gold..

nas has 30million sold worldwide\

wu has 40milliom

and being from the south...i know waaaaaaaaaaaay more nikkas back then...that was method man, cream and protect ya neck singles..than nas..

i can say nas didnt pick up down here until it was written and after pac was dissin him

method man and odb was pretty much the favorites..

wu had a bigger impact...

this came on everything stop...even in school channel 1 would come on..and we go str8 to bet or mtv afterwards and methodman or cream would be on ...we watch then start class..

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
nas sold more..lol...

when illmatic took 5 yrs to go platinum..

2x Multi-Platinum | January 28, 2019 SOLO Standard 2 Million None
Platinum | December 11, 2001
Gold | January 17, 1996

vs wu debut album

3x Multi-Platinum | October 29, 2018 GROUP Standard 3 Million None
2x Multi-Platinum | October 29, 2018
Platinum | May 15, 1995
Gold | March 22, 1994

and had a single that went gold..

nas has 30million sold worldwide\

wu has 40milliom

and being from the south...i know waaaaaaaaaaaay more nikkas back then...that was method man, cream and protect ya neck singles..than nas..

i can say nas didnt pick up down here until it was written and after pac was dissin him

method man and odb was pretty much the favorites..

wu had a bigger impact...

this came on everything stop...even in school channel 1 would come on..and we go str8 to bet or mtv afterwards and methodman or cream would be on ...we watch then start class..

As a group, Wu Tang has sold over 6.5 million copies in the US.