Who started the myth that money can’t buy happiness?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Who started the myth that money can’t buy happiness? :dahell:

Motherfukker, it definitely can and does :ufdup:

Was this idea just started by rich people to keep the middle and lower classes down. To stop them from trying to make more money for themselves?
full

I was looking back at my life. When I was poor, making like $30K a year, I was always anxious, worried, and depressed.

Every time I level up to a new salary level, my life improves. Less worry, freedom to pursue the hobbies I enjoy. Freedom to eat out at nice restaurants. The ability to take vacations and travel. Nicer material goods. More self-esteem. Better cloths and cars. Etc, etc.

fukk this conspiracy that tells us money can’t buy happiness. Money is the tool you can use to do whatever you want. Being wealthy is a freedom not many people have... maybe by design
full

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ask yourself this question: Why do rich people want MORE money if they are already happy?

:ohhh:
To quote Larry June, “I used to want a million, but learned a million is not that much.”

shyt there’s islands to buy. That costs money.

BUT..I see what you’re saying. I think it has to do with realizing money is the key to happiness. The rich want to continue living the high life, and you need more and more money to do that. I see what you’re saying though :jbhmm:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think its different when you work to get to that level OP. You appreciate it more

people who have had money thrown at them, trust fund cacs..gold digging harlots...etc. are usually miserable regardless
Yeah, that makes sense. You don’t take it for granted if you worked hard for it

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If money isn’t so important, why do we have people, in all walks of life, that take risks or commit crime to get that money?

The risk of going to jail is worth it for some who didn’t have the typical avenues to make money.

I’m not saying crime is acceptable, but I can see why some think it’s the best way to move forward

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
IMO, people are looking at the big picture when they make statements like this.

Happiness is subjective. If you look at the amount of time people devote to making money, that's time that could've been spent with family if that's what makes you "happy." For most, when they actually have the time for their family, everyone is grown up and has moved away or they resent them for not being there.

Money buys freedom which for some people makes them happy.