Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

Daps
Reppin
Houston, by way of Pittsburgh.
It's not a comprehension problem.

What I'm saying is there's nothing clever or witty about being purposefully obtuse and vague with your writing. It's usually fake deep.

I think you guys give too much credit to Kendricks pen, because he's demonstrated that he's not as calculated as you think with shyt like the Joel Osteen or Lil Wayne lines.

What you're saying is hard to disagree with at a conceptual level but that shyt applies to standalone art, not battle rap, ie an environment where you want the audience to hear everything you're saying. And I just can't say the rapper who leans on this style where the audience needs to debate deeper meaning behind petty insults is out rapping the rapper who is actually bringing clever punchlines and flows to the battle.

And a lot of the shyt Kendrick was saying was pure hate, and not even in a clever or funny way, he just masks it with fast flows and voice inflections.

Why are we dumbing down emcees to just clever punchlines?

Also, Kendrick didn't have any flows? On Euphoria alone he switched his shyt up like 3 times. What are you listening to bro?

Kendrick and Drake took vastly different approaches to this battle. Why are we giving Drake the upper hand just because he cracked some jokes about Kendrick's height and sounded good while doing it? Are you serious dawg?

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick out-rapped, Out-strategized, and out-thought Drake from the beginning to the end.

Make no mistake, Drake’s performances on Push Ups and Family Matters were two of the best of his career.

But that just shows that when it comes to rapping there’s LEVELS to this shyt and Drake, even with his gang of ghostwriters ain’t touching K.Dot.

Euphoria is easily outclassing Family Matters and 6:16 in La is easily outclassing Push Ups.

Then you have Meet The Grahams, which is crazy lyrically and conceptually. And I don’t want to hear shyt about the daughter angle being disqualified as lies because lies have been part of rap battles since forever, its not about telling lies, its about who tells the most CONVINCING lies. nikkas been rapping lies from both Ether and Takeover for twenty years. MC Serch confirmed that Jay-Z lied about the entire Serchlite Publishing angle and that Nas in fact owns 50% of the publishing for Dead Presidents but “You ain’t get a coin nikka you was getting fukked” continues to live on in infamy amongst Jay fans. Foxy Brown has said out of her own mouth she never slept with Jay but “Foxy got you hot cause you kept your face in her pus/what you think you getting girls now cause of your looks?!?!” Is one of the most quotable lines from Ether.

Kendrick just told more convincing lies based on shyt Drake himself put out there. He already tried to hide one kid he was ashamed of and Push forced him to be a father. We’ve seen him demonstrate creepy and inappropriate behavior around little kids. Kendrick took all of that and dialed it up to the max.

There’s a reason why Euphoria and Not Like Us (along with Like That) have been ruling the charts for two months now while Drake’s shyt fell off. Kendrick is just better. He’s always been better and this truth is self evident.

Talk to'em...

Daps

Also, Kendrick didn't have any flows? On Euphoria alone he switched his shyt up like 3 times. What are you listening to bro?

Kendrick and Drake took vastly different approaches to this battle. Why are we giving Drake the upper hand just because he cracked some jokes about Kendrick's height and sounded good while doing it? Are you serious dawg?
These people can't think outside of a punchline and that's so funny to me.

Daps
I try to empathize with you 'cause I know that you ain't been through nothin'
Crave entitlement, but wanna be liked so bad that it's puzzlin'
No dominance, let's recap moments when you didn't fit in
No secret handshakes with your friend
No cultural cachet to binge, just disrespectin' your mother
Identity's on the fence, don't know which family will love ya
The skin that you livin' in is compromised in personas
Can't channel your masculine even when standin' next to a woman

God, ah, my confession is yours, but
Who am I if I don't go to war?
There's opportunity when livin' with loss
I discover myself when I fall short
Raise my hands to a fallen sky, I fantasize
Me jumpin' planets immortalized, I correspond
Three angels watchin' me all the time
Put my children to sleep with a prayer then close my eyes
Definition of peace
Tell me who gon' stop me? I come from love
Estelle cover my heart, then open me up
Remember when picked up a pen, lyrics that I can trust
Timid soul, stare in the mirror, askin' where I was from
Often, I know this type of power is gon' cost
But I live in circadian rhythms of a shooting star
The mannerisms of Raphael, I can heal and give you art
But the industry's cooked as I pick the carcass apart

Yeah lol
This shyt isn't even complicated and people saying he wasn't saying shyt and he's too difficult to understand.

Adults should have to retake English Language Arts as adults and get a certificate of completion just to make sure.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

It's no different than people acting like Drake's approach was garbage and pales in comparison to Kendricks rhymes. Like I said before. Kendrick out strategized Drake. He didn't outrap him tho. He out maneuvered him. Again. Ghostwriting aside.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

Punchlines are part of writing, and writing is everything to emcees and battling.

This is exactly why I would ask you the same thing and ask you what was so good about Kendrick's writing on Euphoria that made you overlook the Joel Osteen mistake, or weird shyt like "I even hate the women you fukk" when we know Drake has been linked to people like Rihanna, Jorja, and Serena, all of which Kendrick has mentioned or worked with. These are clear oversights, and there's more than a few of them in this overall battle.

This is why I can't pretend or lie to myself that everything Kendrick does is super calculated and methodical. He just doesn't have the credibility with me, and like someone else said in one of these threads lately, I am positive Kendrick is learning about some of these theories about 6:16 in LA, V12s, or whatever, in real time with us while his stans play Rap Genius.

I already said he used flows and voice inflections to mask some of the otherwise basic shyt he was saying. So I'm not sure why you think I said he didn't have flows. They both used various flows and styles on each other, I just don't think Kendrick's pen is as clever as Drake's or his ghost writer. He won the beef through strategy, and not by out rapping Drake. Drake also overstayed his welcome at the top and I think that's a big reason why people didn't care what Kendrick said and only wanted to see Drake lose.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick out-rapped, Out-strategized, and out-thought Drake from the beginning to the end.

Make no mistake, Drake’s performances on Push Ups and Family Matters were two of the best of his career.

But that just shows that when it comes to rapping there’s LEVELS to this shyt and Drake, even with his gang of ghostwriters ain’t touching K.Dot.

Euphoria is easily outclassing Family Matters and 6:16 in La is easily outclassing Push Ups.

Then you have Meet The Grahams, which is crazy lyrically and conceptually. And I don’t want to hear shyt about the daughter angle being disqualified as lies because lies have been part of rap battles since forever, its not about telling lies, its about who tells the most CONVINCING lies. nikkas been rapping lies from both Ether and Takeover for twenty years. MC Serch confirmed that Jay-Z lied about the entire Serchlite Publishing angle and that Nas in fact owns 50% of the publishing for Dead Presidents but “You ain’t get a coin nikka you was getting fukked” continues to live on in infamy amongst Jay fans. Foxy Brown has said out of her own mouth she never slept with Jay but “Foxy got you hot cause you kept your face in her pus/what you think you getting girls now cause of your looks?!?!” Is one of the most quotable lines from Ether.

Kendrick just told more convincing lies based on shyt Drake himself put out there. He already tried to hide one kid he was ashamed of and Push forced him to be a father. We’ve seen him demonstrate creepy and inappropriate behavior around little kids. Kendrick took all of that and dialed it up to the max.

There’s a reason why Euphoria and Not Like Us (along with Like That) have been ruling the charts for two months now while Drake’s shyt fell off. Kendrick is just better. He’s always been better and this truth is self evident.

No one is taking you seriously outside Kendrick stans and Drake haters.

You went from "Drake is a master manipulator" to "Kendrick should be allowed to lie" from beginning to end of this battle.

Daps
Reppin
Houston, by way of Pittsburgh.
Punchlines are part of writing, and writing is everything to emcees and battling.

This is exactly why I would ask you the same thing and ask you what was so good about Kendrick's writing on Euphoria that made you overlook the Joel Osteen mistake, or weird shyt like "I even hate the women you fukk" when we know Drake has been linked to people like Rihanna, Jorja, and Serena, all of which Kendrick has mentioned or worked with. These are clear oversights, and there's more than a few of them in this overall battle.

This is why I can't pretend or lie to myself that everything Kendrick does is super calculated and methodical. He just doesn't have the credibility with me, and like someone else said in one of these threads lately, I am positive Kendrick is learning about some of these theories about 6:16 in LA, V12s, or whatever, in real time with us while his stans play Rap Genius.

I already said he used flows and voice inflections to mask some of the otherwise basic shyt he was saying. So I'm not sure why you think I said he didn't have flows. They both used various flows and styles on each other, I just don't think Kendrick's pen is as clever as Drake's or his ghost writer. He won the beef through strategy, and not by out rapping Drake. Drake also overstayed his welcome at the top and I think that's a big reason why people didn't care what Kendrick said and only wanted to see Drake lose.

Yea, I have nothing else for you. You sound like you just don't see it for Kendrick, and that's perfectly within your right. It's just crazy that the most basic rapper out of the two is getting all this praise for a pen he probably isn't even using lol. I'm aware that you pointed that out, it's just literal crazy talk to me.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's no different than people acting like Drake's approach was garbage and pales in comparison to Kendricks rhymes. Like I said before. Kendrick out strategized Drake. He didn't outrap him tho. He out maneuvered him. Again. Ghostwriting aside.

Drake’s approach wasn’t “garbage” until The Heart Part 6, which is genuinely terrible. His approach was…interesting i’ll say. He made too many questionable decisions while Kendrick set everything out flawlessly.

Drake was too cocky in taking the offensive in the beginning and too emotional taking the defensive at the end.

The A.I. track could’ve gone either way but it ultimately backfired when Kendrick played the colonizer card. I thought it was “cute” when he first dropped it but Drake underestimated how much people REALLY love and revere Tupac, especially out West, which again, played directly into Kendrick’s portrayal of Drake as an outsider cosplaying.

Family Matters should’ve been 99% directed at Kendrick, matter of fact that whole middle section should’ve been taken out. Nobody cared about Drake bodying Rick Ross, Weeknd, Metro and Asap. Its the same mistake Jay-Z made with Takeover. If your going to battle a legendary MC on the same mainstream level as you then you battle him and HIM ONLY. And leading into that…

Drake’s ghostwriters should’ve either came up with a better lie than “You beat your wife” or not made it the focal point of exposing Kendrick’s supposed flaws as a human being. Nobody believed it. Even when Whitney was saying nothing NOBODY believed it. There were other avenues in which to attack Kendrick that would’ve stuck but “You rap like you freeing the slaves” ain’t it and once again, falls right into the tone deaf, colonizing trope.

All in all Drake made too many mistakes both lyrically and strategically. He was too arrogant, tone-deaf, and picked the wrong angles to attack.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Drake’s approach wasn’t “garbage” until The Heart Part 6, which is genuinely terrible. His approach was…interesting i’ll say. He made too many questionable decisions while Kendrick set everything out flawlessly.

Drake was too cocky in taking the offensive in the beginning and too emotional taking the defensive at the end.

The A.I. track could’ve gone either way but it ultimately backfired when Kendrick played the colonizer card. I thought it was “cute” when he first dropped it but Drake underestimated how much people REALLY love and revere Tupac, especially out West, which again, played directly into Kendrick’s portrayal of Drake as an outsider cosplaying.

Family Matters should’ve been 99% directed at Kendrick, matter of fact that whole middle section should’ve been taken out. Nobody cared about Drake bodying Rick Ross, Weeknd, Metro and Asap. Its the same mistake Jay-Z made with Takeover. If your going to battle a legendary MC on the same mainstream level as you then you battle him and HIM ONLY. And leading into that…

Drake’s ghostwriters should’ve either came up with a better lie than “You beat your wife” or not made it the focal point of exposing Kendrick’s supposed flaws as a human being. Nobody believed it. Even when Whitney was saying nothing NOBODY believed it. There were other avenues in which to attack Kendrick that would’ve stuck but “You rap like you freeing the slaves” ain’t it and once again, falls right into the tone deaf, colonizing trope.

All in all Drake made too many mistakes both lyrically and strategically. He was too arrogant, tone-deaf, and picked the wrong angles to attack.
The whole middle section was fine to me because in the midst of all of the shyt with Kendrick everyone was coming at him and his beef with Weeknd was realer than his beef wit Kendrick. Not only that the song was 7 to 8 minutes u would have more of a point if the track was only like 2 or 3 minutes. Each SECTION in the song was that amount of time. He could've dropped them shyts separate and noone wouldve complained at all cause it was basically 3 songs in one. All of that other shyt is whatever. Like I said before. Im not that impressed with the BARS in this battle overall. From either side. After that. All we have left is the tea. Which is unconfirmed on both sides. Which is why I said these nikkas didn't know enough about eachother for personal angles. After that. U have who dropped the most consistently and who outmaneuvered who. Kendrick has the edge there. And he dropped a banger in the process. He won based on that. But TO ME. This battle overall was mid as fukk. It's not exciting from a rap perspective AT ALL to me. Most excited I got was when Kendrick dropped Meet The Grahams. Bottom line. These nikkas aint Jay and Nas. These nikkas aint even Jada and Beans. TO ME.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Yeah, nah. Kats are tripping in here, as per usual. Kendrick getting slopped off when he had every advantage in this battle is insane. Drake practically had nothing to go off of, yet Kendrick literally had multiple people in the industry giving him lay-ups.

That said, Kendrick won handily, but I'm not down with kicking Drake while he's down like every track he dropped was cheeks, while Kendrick dropped nothing but heat.

You can say that one side won while not completely admonishing the other's effort.