Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bar wise I thought it was a close battle with Drake winning by a small margin. People get so emotional about it so it’s not really worth debating. I do hate that people are calling it a landslide cause it honestly does Kendrick a disservice. If it was a Kendrick 20 point blowout then it’s not the GOAT battle that I think it might be. It’s just Kendrick bullying an inferior opponent

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I usually hate yelawolf but he had a good point on this.

Kendrick rapped circles around the boy. The compton native is a true mcee. The canadian was not talented enough for such a battle.

This is hilarious considering the lupe/royce/kendrick/Drake shyt.

you down bad when you're citing Yelawolf of all fukking people. Have at least some self respect, goddamn

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
So you bacislsly want elementary school lyrics. Got it.

Kendrick bodied Drake in every way imaginable.

That is not what he said at all lol. what a bullshyt way to interpret that. especially when you've posted several times asking for clarification on lines.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Bro the police were CLEARLY in the wrong I don't know wtf u talking about right now. We not finna rewrite a narrative to defend a fukking rapper bruh.
That's not even what I said in the post. What I said was based on the circumstances
Bro the police were CLEARLY in the wrong I don't know wtf u talking about right now. We not finna rewrite a narrative to defend a fukking rapper bruh.
Me thinks you just like to argue. I did not say that. And you keep moving the goalpost. Hold this dap and im gonna give you half a rep to quit responding to me, I'm here to debate the thread topic.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Breh, at one point the debate here was we didn’t know if he was the right one to rally around because there were so many conflicting stories about what happened before Mike got killed. Never mind the fact that 10 minutes before he was strong arming a store owner in 4k. Sounds like you are disappointed he didn’t blindly support the victim narrative at the time.

And that’s comical now that we’ve gotten down to the root of your protests in here.

Nah, that's bullshyt

If @spliz won't say it, I will it. This is a cac argument. Wild to even say this

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
We really got Lupe Fiasco stans claiming kendrick shyt wasn't bars because it was too hard to understand.

:mjlol:
These dudes are embarrassing :laff:

Bbbut everyone I know said kendrick can't rap. :damn:

My doctor, sister, cousin, mechanic rapper friends said kendrick lost and I don't even care about this beef like ya'll. :damn:

:laff::laff:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Tbh if the vast majority of people couldn’t tell what he was talking about on 6:16 then the nation/world has a severe comprehension problem. This is beyond reaches from the super stans

It's not a comprehension problem.

What I'm saying is there's nothing clever or witty about being purposefully obtuse and vague with your writing. It's usually fake deep.

As far as the bolded, that's just art in general. The man is an ARTIST. It's not really his job to deliver it up on a platter for you to get instantaneously, it's his job to create. Some of the best artists create intentionally vague work designed for you to use your critical thinking skills and come to your own conclusions. Rap is art. I genuinely don't understand how it's a knock on Kendrick?

I think you guys give too much credit to Kendricks pen, because he's demonstrated that he's not as calculated as you think with shyt like the Joel Osteen or Lil Wayne lines.

What you're saying is hard to disagree with at a conceptual level but that shyt applies to standalone art, not battle rap, ie an environment where you want the audience to hear everything you're saying. And I just can't say the rapper who leans on this style where the audience needs to debate deeper meaning behind petty insults is out rapping the rapper who is actually bringing clever punchlines and flows to the battle.

And a lot of the shyt Kendrick was saying was pure hate, and not even in a clever or funny way, he just masks it with fast flows and voice inflections.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
People lie to themselves until they believe the lie.

Drake, his circle, his stans, the bots etc just can’t be real about some of this shyt. The ghostwriters, the reference tracks, the Pusha T beef. Some of these cats REFUSE to be honest and try to hide behind “its my opinion.” Like got damn just keep it 100.

This is why he was humiliated by Kendrick for the world to see. Him and his people aren’t living in reality and he paid the price for it

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a comprehension problem.

What I'm saying is there's nothing clever or witty about being purposefully obtuse and vague with your writing. It's usually fake deep.

I think you guys give too much credit to Kendricks pen, because he's demonstrated that he's not as calculated as you think with shyt like the Joel Osteen or Lil Wayne lines.

What you're saying is hard to disagree with at a conceptual level but that shyt applies to standalone art, not battle rap, ie an environment where you want the audience to hear everything you're saying. And I just can't say the rapper who leans on this style where the audience needs to debate deeper meaning behind petty insults is out rapping the rapper who is actually bringing clever punchlines and flows to the battle.

And a lot of the shyt Kendrick was saying was pure hate, and not even in a clever or funny way, he just masks it with fast flows and voice inflections.
But it’s not really vague or obtuse though unless you want it to be for the purpose of an argument. Like I can’t really think of how Kendrick could have laid this stuff out any clearer than he did.

Could argue that people calling it fake deep is a cop out. I don’t see how it’s not just as likely that Kendrick thought of a lot of this stuff than all of it just happens to be a coincidence.

Could also argue that most of the shyt Drake said was just pure hate and not really presented in a funny way, the only real thing he said that stuck was the grammy line

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
You don't think there's an art to delivery and wording and making lyrics concise to maximize effectiveness? This concept exists in comedy too where how you frame and deliver a punchline can determine how effective it is.

Kendrick won the battle no doubt. But I can't say he out rapped Drake here. Layering your verses with references and entendres just makes shyt convoluted and unnecessarily bloated. He's also intentionally vague / incoherent and leaves the listener to draw their own conclusions and create their own meaning in what he's saying.

The vast majority of people couldn't tell you what he was talking about on the first half of 616 in LA when it dropped, and had to turn to the theories and reaches on the internet. Meanwhile everyone immediately understood Drake's disses in all of his songs, and he actually made you laugh with some of those bars (whether ghost written or not).

There's also a reason why the least lyrical song ended up being the most popular.
The heart part 6 surely made us laugh at Drake so you gotta a point

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Not like us is the weakest song lyrically ironically