Who popularized Jesus pieces in Hip Hop and what exactly is it suppose to mean?

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Biggie was of Jamaican descent, they are protestant, since the island was colonized by the english. Him going to a catholic school probably had nothing to do with his faith. Rappers alias emulated ballers, so I think the Jesus piece probably originated with latin drug dealers.

A cross is not a depiction of Jesus. Protestants wear crosses without jesus on it, if it has Jesus on it, it's catholic. Protestants most definately don't wear Jesus head around their neck. And if they do it's not for religious reasons, because doing so is against their religion.

I'm talking about STREETniqqas, not niqqas parents. We didn't care about none of that in the streets breh, come on.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Mexicans been wearing crosses and the virgin mary piece since zoot suiters came out.

And what does that have to do with the Jesus piece and Biggie making it hot? I'm a kick you too niqqa, keep playing.

Last edited:
Daps
When were dominoes ever popular in Hip Hop?

Early 90s, but there's probably a better example of what I'm talking about.

The point is, the Jesus piece was popular in black culture already. Biggie, or any rapper, wasn't setting any trends with that. This question sounds like something out of touch CaCs would ponder.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Early 90s, but there's probably a better example of what I'm talking about.

The point is, the Jesus piece was popular in black culture already. Biggie, or any rapper, wasn't setting any trends with that. This question sounds like something out of touch CaCs would ponder.
Just another opinion dog. Several responses in this thread disagree with you. Yeah, HORRIBLE example with the domino thing too.

The MOUNTIE

Always Gets His Man
Daps
Reppin
CANADA
LET ME TEACH YOU LITTLE JABRONIS SOME ENGLISH AND I'M NOT EVEN AMERICUN. :russ:
POPULARIZE ALSO MEANS UNIVERSALIZE.

THE FAT BOY YOU CALL BIGGIE WINS.

JUST LIKE I DID AGAINST BRET HART IN 1992. :leostare:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i got the same bracelet pac got on in this pic, i can't make out if his got diamonds, but mine got diamonds all around it
2pac-hip-hop-middle-finger-old-school-thug-life-Favim.com-313557.jpg

Oh so that's where the coli donations is goin:sas1:

:salute:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I think its safe to say Jesus popularized the Jesus peace:blessed:,its like asking who popularized the cross in hiphop and not givin Jesus no credit for that:rudy:...Jesus/god/prayer hands/crosses have been a staple in the black community which goes hand in hand with hiphop.