Who popularized Jesus pieces in Hip Hop and what exactly is it suppose to mean?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i like BIG's tito mold the best :wow:

2ef6of4.jpg

but who made puns? shyt look nice :banderas:

big-pun-jesus-piece-bracelet.jpg

jesus piece will forever go hard :damn:

25hn3o0.jpg
30aaonl.jpg
o8b1x1.jpg
2utlnwy.jpg
2qa2qle.jpg
rvkr35.jpg

KG1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BX BK
its common knowledge that gold chains were made huge by the mid 80's rap acts... but BIG was the first to get the head of jesus on a chain and wear it.
Jay Z sported a jesus head for the first time on xxl, i think... but i know it was a magazine and it was BIG's chain done by tito.

kanye is probably the one to make it a "fashion" popular trend in 2004... but BIG was the first to get one made BY TITO.
Ghost face had the Jesus piece before big. Big made it popular

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
Ghost face had the Jesus piece before big. Big made it popular

i learned that bc of this thread. and i shouldve said "but BIG was the first to get the head of jesus on a chain and wear it and popularize it"

but noone really knows who got their piece first by tito.
and i think the only reason people think ghost got it first is cuz raekwon says so and everyone goes with that.
i wasnt into wu tang hardcore when big was alive. all of them but 1 are staten island heads. biggie was all about brooklyn, where i come frm.
and i didnt care about reading about them in magazines or watching interviews. and i didnt remember seeing ghost wear one in a video. :manny:
maybe i wasnt paying attention.

plus i remember big having issues with raekwon and ghostface and he was always talking shyt bout how they bit his style.

on a side note, aaron hall had a nice little piece. probably had one before all them in the music industry.
had no diamonds on it though.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Today rappers wear pendants way too big for they chains.
Or chains way too big for a pendant.

KG1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BX BK
i learned that bc of this thread. and i shouldve said "but BIG was the first to get the head of jesus on a chain and wear it and popularize it"

and i think the only reason people think ghost got it first is cuz raekwon says so and everyone goes with that.
i wasnt into wu tang hardcore when big was alive. all of them but 1 are staten island heads. biggie was all about brooklyn, where i come frm.
and i didnt care about reading about them in magazines or watching interviews. and i didnt remember seeing ghost wear one in a video. :manny:

plus i remember big having issues with raekwon and ghostface and he was always talking shyt bout how they bit his style.

on a side note, aaron hall had a nice little piece. probably had one before all them in the music industry.
There are pictures of Ghostface with the chain on in early 95 with it on. Big didnt rock the Jesus Piece till July-August 96. Life After Death was orginally slated for October 31st release but was pushed back cause of Big's car accident

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gza, ODB and Masta killa are from Brooklyn.

Entrapta310

Daps
Gza, ODB and Masta killa are from Brooklyn.

yeah? I always thought only ODB was. his solo albums were :wow:
i loved odb. him and method man were the only ones who i stanned when they went solo.
raekwon i didnt get into til after big died, and only bc he himself admitted it was lame beef. its like he wanted it squashed and made it seem like he did respect big. but was giving into fukkery during that beefing time.

the only person i didnt take sides on when big was around was pac. i stayed neutral on that bc pac came first in my world. :banderas:
then biggie. :whew:

There are pictures of Ghostface with the chain on in early 95 with it on. Big didnt rock the Jesus Piece till July-August 96. Life After Death was orginally slated for October 31st release but was pushed back cause of Big's car accident

i was 13 turning 14 in 95. i never noticed ghost face with it, cuz like i said i wasnt a stan of wu tang looking for magazine article and pictures of them.
but i did notice big and his piece. and i remember him saying that ghost and rae bit his style like whoa. :manny:
why did big talk shyt on them if they didnt? :ohhh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah? I always thought only ODB was. his solo albums were :wow:
i loved odb. him and method man were the only ones who i stanned when they went solo.
raekwon i didnt get into til after big died, and only bc he himself admitted it was lame beef. its like he wanted it squashed and made it seem like he did respect big. but was giving into fukkery during that beefing time.

the only person i didnt take sides on when big was around was pac. i stayed neutral on that bc pac came first in my world. :banderas:
then biggie. :whew:

i was 13 turning 14 in 95. i never noticed ghost face with it, cuz like i said i wasnt a stan of wu tang looking for magazine article and pictures of them.
but i did notice big and his piece. and i remember him saying that ghost and rae bit his style like whoa. :manny:
why did big talk shyt on them if they didnt? :ohhh:

Rza was born in Brownsville then moved to SI and had people in Pittsburgh.

Entrapta310

Daps
Rza was born in Brownsville then moved to SI and had people in Pittsburgh.

He's brooklyn blood??
says a lot about his talent to make beats. :whew:

wutang had hot beats.
just wasnt a stan of them when they were out in the beginning. :manny: