• Batman

Votes: 68 79.1%

• Total voters

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not a proper noun, a regular noun - like instead of the man, it's the superman. Look at the superman go. It's not really an adjectival noun, not really an adjective, just a noun. It's embedded in the English language. You can't do that with Batman or Spidey. It's only Superman & Wonder Woman.
I have never hear Superman used like that in my life. You would be better off talking about the dance move.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
spider man crushes wonder woman easily. i could go to elementary schools all over the country and its guaranteed theres some spider man merch in there. cant say that for wonder woman. shyt if this was the 90s this wouldnt even be a discussion

People always tend to think of what the youth know, but leave out another demographic altogether - the elderly. People 60 & up will know Wonder Woman, and possibly gravitate to that moreso than Spidey.

at this point I'll actually change my stance from the last time we had this discussion.

1. Supes
2. Bats
3. Spidey

4 WW

Before, I actually would've argued Wonder Woman. And I don't think it was that long ago either.

Now, though?

i think that was the Top 5 Iconic discussion. Overall, I think the Trinity trump every character, with Wonder Woman reclaiming that 3 spot from Spidey within the past year.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
People always tend to think of what the youth know, but leave out another demographic altogether - the elderly. People 60 & up will know Wonder Woman, and possibly gravitate to that moreso than Spidey.

i think that was the Top 5 Iconic discussion. Overall, I think the Trinity trump every character, with Wonder Woman reclaiming that 3 spot from Spidey within the past year.

and do they somehow not know who spiderman is? he didnt just show up a decade ago. if someone 60 and up knows who wonder woman is, then they know who spider man is. especially since its not like wonder woman comics were popping before or after her tv series. the major difference between spider man and wonder woman is that marvel never coasted after the amazing spider man series ended. they kept pumping out tv shows. spider man is both iconic and popular. while wonder woman is only one

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Why are you playing dumb? Just say you don't like Superman breh

He has a point though. Superman’s name has never been used the way @nieman is using it. Supergirl either. Supes is the symbol for superheroes, but time has changed. He’s too boring and goody goody in these kids eyes, unless we’re talking Superman Prime. Bats gives zero fukks.

Forget everything else. Comics, merchandise, toys, amusement park rides, etc. Let’s say a new solo Superman movie drops, followed by Batman and Spider-Man. Superman would win in sales vs those 2? Stop it. I think a new Hulk movie with Ruffalo would outsell it, especially if other Avengers join him. Hulk is another one that’s getting up there and Ironman.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

nah, too much of a disconnect between comics Diana and that Xena: Warrior Princess movie where Gabrielle was Xena some kind of magical way.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
He has a point though. Superman’s name has never been used the way @nieman is using it. Supergirl either. Supes is the symbol for superheroes, but time has changed. He’s too boring and goody goody in these kids eyes, unless we’re talking Superman Prime. Bats gives zero fukks.

Forget everything else. Comics, merchandise, toys, amusement park rides, etc. Let’s say a new solo Superman move drops, followed by Batman and Spider-Man. Superman would win in sales vs those 2? Stop it. I think a new Hulk movie with Ruffalo would outsell it, especially if other Avengers join him. Hulk is another one that’s getting up there and Ironman.

People constantly sleep on the hulk when the hulk as a character is pretty well known too.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah and that smiley is used in a negative way, not positive. Talk about reaching. :mjlol:

:mjlol: it doesn't have to be used in a positive way.

He a superhero that saves/rescues/capes for hoes folks.

It's damn near synonymous.

ad1570dd48a065fedd426e3cfe5ce535--women-jokes-superman-wonder-woman.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:heh: it says a lot in itself when :cape: is the only comic superhero smiley we got.
You are definitely making a mistake extrapolating what goes on in here for the rest of the world. lol
The BvS thread is like one of the longest ever in here but that didn't translate to it being a smash hit. lol

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You are definitely making a mistake extrapolating what goes on in here for the rest of the world. lol

because nobody in the "real" world is thinking about Batman or Spiderman when they talk about "Saving these hoes".

And even Captain Save-a-Hoe goes to a phone booth for costume changes.

giphy.gif

because it wouldn't even be a trope if Superman wasn't the iconic character to begin with.

superman.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

because nobody in the "real" world is thinking about Batman or Spiderman when they talk about "Saving these hoes".

And even Captain Save-a-Hoe goes to a phone booth for costume changes.

giphy.gif

because it wouldn't even be a trope if Superman wasn't the iconic character to begin with.

superman.jpg

He's iconic, but no not the most iconic. Batman and Spiderman themselves not other versions are selling more merchandise, cartoons, video games, TV shows and movies. Supes is way past his prime.