Votes: 68 79.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Just saying just because you are not the first doesn't negate your influence. Despite the Shadow and others similar to Batman he has been annointed as the one.

Exactly.

I'll admit they're both Archtypes, but there's more Supes archtypes than Bats archtypes.

Every time you see somebody flying around and smacking unbeatable folks that's a superman bite.

Unless they're some norse/greek god. :jawalrus:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Superman will always be #1. He's embedded in culture of what every hero aspires to be, every person. His name is a noun. The emblem is forever.

and Batman is No. 2. It's probably because of decades across different genres. He's noir-style private eye, action adventure, campy, fantasy, sci-fi - h ejust always works, so he appeals to more, then that logo is 2nd to Supes.

I think the real question is Spidey or Wonder Woman for that 3 spot.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
We know from a monetary standpoint, Spidey is crushing everybody. Think it was @parallax who put me on to that. Popularity, Batman got it with Spidey, a very close 2nd. Iconic? That would be The Holy Trinity in Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

yeah, in 2014 globally spiderman was destroying all comic brands. iconic wise, id have to with characters that have alway been around to the point that everyone knows who they are, so batman and spidey are crazily neck and neck in that regard

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Superman will always be #1. He's embedded in culture of what every hero aspires to be, every person. His name is a noun. The emblem is forever.

and Batman is No. 2. It's probably because of decades across different genres. He's noir-style private eye, action adventure, campy, fantasy, sci-fi - h ejust always works, so he appeals to more, then that logo is 2nd to Supes.

Everyone's name is a noun. :mjlol:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

spider man crushes wonder woman easily. i could go to elementary schools all over the country and its guaranteed theres some spider man merch in there. cant say that for wonder woman. shyt if this was the 90s this wouldnt even be a discussion

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

at this point I'll actually change my stance from the last time we had this discussion.

1. Supes
2. Bats
3. Spidey

4 WW

Before, I actually would've argued Wonder Woman. And I don't think it was that long ago either.

Now, though?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Everyone's name is a noun. :mjlol:

Not a proper noun, a regular noun - like instead of the man, it's the superman. Look at the superman go. It's not really an adjectival noun, not really an adjective, just a noun. It's embedded in the English language. You can't do that with Batman or Spidey. It's only Superman & Wonder Woman.