Who is the fifth most popular individual comic superhero of all time?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Popularity is always changing.

However in terms of fame which is what is really being asked here it goes:

Superman.
Spider-Man
Batman.
Robin
Hulk.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
And you can probably thank justice league for that

People know who she is. Thats it.

That doesn't indicate popularity. People can recognize green lantern and flash too. If she was popular they'd be cashing out, bottom line

That is popularity. It just may not equate to likeability. Flash may have a shot, but definitely not GL. If you show an 70 year old a pic of Wonder Woman & a pic of Green Lantern, they'd have no clue as to who one of them are. It will be Green Lantern; he's not even in the discussion. Being iconic is a different level of popularity that some never achieve and it will always trump being visible.

Last edited:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:ohhh: I did not know that

I'm also shocked that Logan hasn't passed Spidey yet, but then again, Spidey has been around longer :manny:

Yeah I always figured he was up there but him being neck and neck with Iron Man for the #4 spot in Marvel is impressive, even moreso when you consider Beast is like #6 and has more comic appearances than Daredevil, Hulk, Thor and every FF member, last I checked. Don't sleep on the popularity of the X-Men.

And as it pertains to Wonder Woman, Storm has almost as many appearances as she does in comics (like we are talking of a difference of like 40-60 books) despite Storm being in existence for roughly 1/3rd of the timeframe.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
The thread title said of ALL TIME, so I don't know why people are putting Iron Man in the conversation. He's only blown up to a mega-star within the past 8 years. He's top tier with the new generation, but you have people that have been around since the 1930's that wouldn't know him like that. Wolverine didn't become a mega-star until the 90's. You got to ask an 8 year old or an 80 year old and be able to get the same answers

Superman (no brainer, been the top hero since the 30's)
Batman (see above)
Spider-Man (Marvel's top hero since the 60's)
Hulk (wildly popular since the 60's, cartoons, toys, tv shows and movies since the 70's)
Wonder Woman (half the world is female, they are gonna mention her even if they can't name 4 others lol)

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:blessed:
Lois Lane is more famous than Wolverine if we're being honest.

The average joe probably can't even tell you that Wolverine's real name is Logan.

Bruh, as said before, the thread is calling for POPULARITY, NOT notoriety.

While I completely disagree Lois Lane is more famous than Wolverine, that isn't even the question. You and everyone in here knows for damn sure Lois Lane is not more POPULAR than Wolverine. Ain't nobody buying a got damn Lois Lane book. :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

While I completely disagree Lois Lane is more famous than Wolverine, that isn't even the question. You and everyone in here knows for damn sure Lois Lane is not more POPULAR than Wolverine. Ain't nobody buying a got damn Lois Lane book. :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

she's more well known though, there's zero doubt about it.

and lois lane did have her own comic.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

But the thread says ALL-TIME, so we're talking about more than amongst comic book readers. Robin & Lois Lane trumps Wolverine, but the only thing against Lois is because no one will recognize her if she's not along side Superman.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Breh, I vividly remember how insane it was to me when I saw a Deadpool t-shirt at Hot Topic in LA back in like '09, but that doesn't mean general awareness or popularity is that much higher than other characters (and it certainly isn't).
hot topic breh? That explains everything

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Hulk. The old tv show got everyone knowing the hulk. My dad wouldnt be able to name any comic book character besides superman batman spiderman and hulk. 80s babies and beyond all wolverine tho over hulk

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine

Last edited: