Who is the fifth most popular individual comic superhero of all time?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was one of the dumbest...almost as dumb as Gambit being mollywhopped by Cap. I think Namor lost one too. I stopped reading.

Fully agree.

I think you can put Robin about Wolverine as well. Casuals won't know which one it is, but they'll just know it's Robin.

it's cannon!!!!!!

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Us: Coke vs Pepsi, which is more popular? Lets discuss.

You: WELL PEPSI COULD BEAT COKE IN A FIGHT LAWLZZZZZZ :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron::umad::umad::umad::banderas::banderas::banderas:

it has though
coke-murder.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What makes u think a goofball like Gambit is gonna beat up Cap off top? I don't buy it. Cap vs Rogue? Of course not. Gambit? Tactically, he can beat him. Gambit isn't that bright.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider Man and the X-Men..Claremont's X-Men saved Marvel comics for a LONG, LONG fukking time. They were beasting on Batman/Superman/Justice League...all of that shyt. Fantastic Four, Avengers, Iron Man, Punisher, Ghost Rider...all of that wasn't selling jack shyt:laugh: The X-Men had a stranglehold on that Top 25 for years...X-Man, Nate Grey's book, used to be #4 in sales when he crossed over to the main verse.

that was then this is now.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly and the X-Men are still high sellers and making profits at the box office:laugh: All of these years later with Marvel pushing their Inhumans and Avengers agenda ahead of them...

wont call them high sellers. I don't see x-men merchandise selling like that but then again marvel has made an effort not to make merchandise for them anymore. But my target was magneto.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What makes u think a goofball like Gambit is gonna beat up Cap off top? I don't buy it. Cap vs Rogue? Of course not. Gambit? Tactically, he can beat him. Gambit isn't that bright.

The fight was dumb. Gambit charged Cap's mail and blew him across the field, then Cap got up and :deadhorse: and dropped him. It should have been more evenly matched, considering Gambit exceeds peak human and has a variety of styles. He's also listed as one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the 616. I think almost every X-Man lost in AvsX

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Batman, Spider-Man and Superman are definitely top 3 but I don't know if I'd put WW in the #4, she has never been a consistent needle mover in any format, she has status but not popularity which is a different measure. Storm straight up beat her in a popularity driven fan voted contest in the original Marvel vs. DC cross over. Storm might not be as well known as WW (with this generation and X-Men popularity, its debatable) but Storm is DEFINATELY more well liked and popular than WW is.

Also I'd put Wolverine #4 personally but I'm biased :yeshrug: But Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and Deadpool all have a legitimate claim to that #5 spot as much as WW or Storm would too. What you need to do is define the measurement stats and then go from there but I can assure you the jump in popularity from #4 to #9 is miniscule for comic characters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd say Wolverine and Cap are up there.

Wolverine gets more comic books and animated series appearances but Cap is right up there with him in terms of being a household name.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Batman, Spider-Man and Superman are definitely top 3 but I don't know if I'd put WW in the #4, she has never been a consistent needle mover in any format, she has status but not popularity which is a different measure. Storm straight up beat her in a popularity driven fan voted contest in the original Marvel vs. DC cross over. Storm might not be as well known as WW (with this generation and X-Men popularity, its debatable) but Storm is DEFINATELY more well liked and popular than WW is.

wonder woman had her own popular tv series in the 70's....

storm never held down anything solo outside of comics, and in most major media has always been just a supporting player in the larger x-men brand.

wonder woman is the archetypal female superhero, she's the female superman. storm will never come close.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
wonder woman had her own popular tv series in the 70's....

storm never held down anything solo outside of comics, and in most major media has always been just a supporting player in the larger x-men brand.

wonder woman is the archetypal female superhero, she's the female superman. storm will never come close.

The 70s bruh? :pachaha:

You gonna bring that up but not even acknowledge that Storm beat WW in a straight up fair on that was FAN VOTED and POPULARITY based in the 90s, but that don't count? Surely you can acknowledge the X-Men brand is bigger and more popular than the WW brand, right? Then it shouldn't be hard to figure that the most prominent female in that brand and in Marvel as a whole has a bigger name than WW.

The thread is about POPULARITY, not NOTORIETY. Google them if you don't know the difference. WW is definitely one of the most well known characters in comics, but she probably does not break the top ten in actual popularity. The Flash is actually the 3rd most popular superhero in DC Comics (based on sales, history, and placement) if you want to get technical. I've made the case the Trinity should be based around Him (Speed), Supes (Strength) and Bats (Intellect) numerous times. :sas2:

But when you add in the vastly more popular Marvel comics characters, and that isn't a shot Marvel is just more popular than DC by every tangible metric, WW wouldn't be more popular than Wolverine, Spidey, Storm, Cap, Iron Man, Deadpool or Rogue.

She is very well known, she is not that popular.